Blueskysea B1W dashcam

Thanks for reply!
You can use a 5V/1A Output USB wall charger to power it at home ,i.e plugged into the mains (some extension leads have Micro USB plug sockets). Don't plug it into laptop for the power source, it is the causes for wifi connection error - it is best to use this car cigarette socket for power source.
Hi Vicky it hot connected when I plugged the dashcam to the car socket. Thanks a lot for your advice !!!

Hi Vicky it hot connected when I plugged the dashcam to the car socket. Thanks a lot for your advice !!!
Glad to hear that you solve it! :)

do we know when this will get a firmware update for the wifi being on after each time i start the car? as would like it to remember my last setting which i prefer be off really :D

also i purchased this hardwire kit, but it has the extra ACC wire on and was wondering if this dashcam will support it? be great if it can hop between recording normally and parking guard mode so i don't have to use my phone every time to tell it to STOP/START recording :p

61lIml69mwL._SL1000_.jpg

The difference in exposure processing and logo stamp in the frame.
v1.06 171017 vs v1.06 171207

Still it is necessary not only to lower the level of exposure, but also to change
the table expo-metering. The stamp-logo is seen better and located more logically...

The difference in the metering is dependent on the angle of inclination.
The original video is in the description for the video.

Last edited:
ooo how do you update the firmware on this little dashcam :eek::rolleyes:o_O

how do you update the firmware on this little dashcam

PLEASE NOTE:
This Beta firmware is not official release and is for testing purposes only.
Please use at your own risk or contact your camera seller for help.

1. Download the firmware update from here or preferably from my Dropbox here - file name cardvr_img.bin
2. Download a GuiFormat tool such as this here also from my Dropbox.
3. Stick a 32Gb or 64gB Sd card in your computer and format the card to FAT32 using the GuiFormat tool or it maybe possible to use the computer format but format the card to FAT32.
4. Copy the file cardvr_img.bin over to the SD card and put the card into the camera.
5. Power on the camera and the firmware should automatically move onto the camera, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated the camera.
6. Take out the SD card and reformat it using the GuiFormat tool to FAT32.
7. Place the SD card back into the camera and you're ready to go.
8. Check the firmware version using your Android device. The NEW firmware which should be loaded in your B1W camera should now be
v1.06.171207

The new firmware enhances the EV and the date and time have been placed at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks

Screenshot_2017-12-16-17-40-07-1.jpg
Screenshot_2017-12-17-10-23-46-1.jpg

Last edited:
that is awesome thank you so much as just done it and was so easy wow :love:

all done and card formatted with app and showing the new DVR version woohoo :p:D

@estore009 I hope there will be a formal place for firmware updates, rather than people hosting files on their private file sharing accounts.

@estore009 I hope there will be a formal place for firmware updates, rather than people hosting files on their private file sharing accounts.
Yes,agree!
Some users were involved in test works for me,thanks for all !But this Beta newer software need to be refined,so,please do not spread its beta firmware now!Thanks for understanding!

[Цитата="Марк ш, должность: 381425, член: 11326"]8. Проверьте версию прошивки вашего устройства андроид. Новая прошивка теперь версии В1.06.171207[/Цитата]
Приветствую. А где скачать прошивку для айфон, не подскажите? Спасибо.

Last edited:
[Цитата="Марк ш, должность: 381425, член: 11326"]8. Проверьте версию прошивки вашего устройства андроид. Новая прошивка теперь версии В1.06.171207[/Цитата]
Приветствую. А где скачать прошивку для айфон, не подскажете? Спасибо.

he wasn't saying there was new Android app, he was saying to use the Android app to check the firmware version of the camera has been updated

Приветствую. А где скачать прошивку для айфон, не подскажете? Спасибо.

I have just changed paragraph 8 to make it clearer and easier to understand.

Last edited:
Well for beta firmware it good improvement so far on contrast :p

Just hoping that final firmware it works with hardwire kits with acc wire, so that it switches between normal and parking guard mode :confused:

As hate having keep tapping "stop video" just to get it to go to parking mode when using a 3 wire hardwire kit and then to remember to "start video" when get in car again :(:cry:

And also option keep WiFi off as default and to hold button to turn it on as and when required o_O

Well for beta firmware it good improvement so far on contrast :p

Just hoping that final firmware it works with hardwire kits with acc wire, so that it switches between normal and parking guard mode :confused:

As hate having keep tapping "stop video" just to get it to go to parking mode when using a 3 wire hardwire kit and then to remember to "start video" when get in car again :(:cry:

And also option keep WiFi off as default and to hold button to turn it on as and when required o_O
:( It makes me on the horns of a dilemma,some users,like you,want to keep WiFi off as default; But other someone, maybe dashcam newbie,not so familar with dashcam and WiFi connection.If i keep its WiFi off after power on,they think its camera was faulty already to generate WiFi SSID.
So,is if it ok that we offer one backup firmware for users to update if you want to keep its WiFi off as default?

I realise that WiFi is necessary for setting up the B1W, and you are trying to allow for first-time dashcam users. However a dashcam is something that most people want to setup once, then maybe check once in a while.

Having said that, I don't think that WiFi being on all the time is a big issue. My current phone seems able to pick up 4G data and connect to the B1W WiFI at the same time, which was my biggest concern. Other phones may not handle this so well.

I think that offering more than one firmware option is likely to lead to confusion.

Other phones may not handle this so well.
Normally,Android 6.0 version above phones do not meet such problem,but it is not a golden rule.Some phones can keep 4G data after connected with B1W SSID ,but other phones just lose 4G data after connected with B1W SSID.

Normally,Android 6.0 version above phones do not meet such problem,but it is not a golden rule.Some phones can keep 4G data after connected with B1W SSID ,but other phones just lose 4G data after connected with B1W SSID.
In that case, I think it is better to keep WiFi off as default, and only turn on when needed. I suspect losing 4G connection is more likely to be frustrating to new users than not connecting to B1W automatically.

Back