"Real World" Questions on the DC

The default setting of medium is the same as the previous firmware bitrate value

Thank you for the clarification:) So you managed to to coax a higher bitrate out of the hardware for this update?
CRS

Wound it up a little without going overboard, also added the lower bitrate option for those that prefer longer record times

I think I've got the EV settings to my liking now after the firmware update.

The rear channel is set to +2/3 to compensate for the window tint and front channel is set to -1/3.

I still need to review more videos for day/night and in between.

I've also noticed the WB correction is better, but I think it can still be improved. White objects are still a bit loud which is why I have set the front channel -1/3.

The rear channel is set to +2/3 to compensate for the window tint and front channel is set to -1/3.

I've also noticed the WB correction is better, but I think it can still be improved. White objects are still a bit loud which is why I have set the front channel -1/3.

thanks for that, we're still fine tuning things so you'll see some further image related adjustments in upcoming firmware releases

Happy to see the individual EV settings now that my new car has rear windows tinted.
Hoping to install on Sunday....I know it's been asked before, but what are the different use cases for the 2 thicknesses of mounts?

These are also the setting I settled on for the exact same reasons.
CRS

The hardwire kit cannot come soon enough. With having a diesel in cold weather, it takes a bit longer for the coils to heat up to start the engine. In that extra time, the camera starts up. If I start the engine (which cuts power to everything except starting the engine) at any point after the the splash screen and a few seconds from the time it starts to record, the cam goes nuts. It gets stuck in a shutdown/startup mode. I can remove the power to it, yet it remains on in that stuck state for around a minute. Once it does shut down completely, I restore power and it acts really weird. It will state some error that i have to format card with a confirmation. Even if I do accept, it will look like it does it but yet get stuck back into the same place. I must remove power once again and wait for complete shut down. Restore power and most of time it will be ok, but not always. This I have noticed also if I have to shut off the car and though it looks like it has shut down, i turn the key back on so power is back on, it will do the same thing. Very frustrating to have to wait for it to act right.

The hardwire kit cannot come soon enough. With having a diesel in cold weather, it takes a bit longer for the coils to heat up to start the engine. In that extra time, the camera starts up. If I start the engine (which cuts power to everything except starting the engine) at any point after the the splash screen and a few seconds from the time it starts to record, the cam goes nuts. It gets stuck in a shutdown/startup mode. I can remove the power to it, yet it remains on in that stuck state for around a minute. Once it does shut down completely, I restore power and it acts really weird. It will state some error that i have to format card with a confirmation. Even if I do accept, it will look like it does it but yet get stuck back into the same place. I must remove power once again and wait for complete shut down. Restore power and most of time it will be ok, but not always. This I have noticed also if I have to shut off the car and though it looks like it has shut down, i turn the key back on so power is back on, it will do the same thing. Very frustrating to have to wait for it to act right.

even without the hardwire kit we can probably fix this in the firmware, I'll get the engineer to have a look at it today

how long is power typically cut for while you start the engine?

if you get the format error when it starts instead of formatting the card press the power button to shut the camera off, wait a few seconds then press the power button to turn the camera back on and see if it gives the format error then, if you get to try this can you let me know the result, it will help to know for the firmware adjustment we need to make

how long is power typically cut for while you start the engine?
Approximately 1 - 1.5 second is all it takes to start.
if you get the format error when it starts instead of formatting the card press the power button to shut the camera off, wait a few seconds then press the power button to turn the camera back on and see if it gives the format error then, if you get to try this can you let me know the result, it will help to know for the firmware adjustment we need to make
I will try that the next time it does this.

BTW, you can probably test this also. Give power to the camera until its just about to start recording. Remove the power for 1 second, reapply the power.
Or in the opposite direction. Let the camera record for a full minute at least, remove power for about 2 to 3 seconds and reapply the power.
Both ways cause this problem.

BTW, you can probably test this also. Give power to the camera until its just about to start recording. Remove the power for 1 second, reapply the power.
Or in the opposite direction. Let the camera record for a full minute at least, remove power for about 2 to 3 seconds and reapply the power.
Both ways cause this problem.

just tried that and couldn't get it to do it

what firmware version are you on currently?

The latest 1.14

ok, I'll message you a link to a newer version which is what I just tested with, just in case there's some difference in 1.14

I assume all these firmware versions are available for UK customers also??

I assume all these firmware versions are available for UK customers also??
Once we finish beta testing the new FW will be available for public. If you want to test it earlier please email me.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys... @niko I haven't ordered yet - I'm just waiting on a response from you in my other thread in 'what dashcam should I buy' section then I'll be ready to order :D Regarding amazon prime / amazon fulfilled

Thanks guys... @niko I haven't ordered yet - I'm just waiting on a response from you in my other thread in 'what dashcam should I buy' section then I'll be ready to order :D Regarding amazon prime / amazon fulfilled
Going to respond now.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Back