Viofo A129

Steady on - testing the night time footage...

Looks like I'm upgrading my A119's to the A129 looks great and I have experienced another brand had a rear mount setup and it was a pitiful 640x480 but only barely!

Now to find the best price or @viofo a Promo code to help me afford it!

Thanks, Also I'm curious about reading tags at night from behind with head lights on them. Here in the US the tags are reflective, as here in Georgia the whole background is and usually wash out.
I know this is a budget cam but I would be impressed with a high end cam (if there is such a thing) if it could HDR or auto expose for that.

Please try and get some dark area footage like my demo in this clip taken via BV dr750s2ch on 60fps enhanced as they call it.

And forgive the smudges on the windsheild you will see in some reflections as its after the install and I'll not make the mistake again.
The CPL is on, its a 36mm glass Magfilter.

Its a short loop drive I made from my home in mostly dark unlit areas and through a gas station to see how it adjusts to the bright lights.
To me in the dark stuff it looks like noisy military night vision.

I see lots of pretty or beautiful night demo videos on several cams out there on nicley lighted city streets.

As for the BV750 its going back. I cannot read tags or signage day or night. Junk. I think we are coming into an era when dash cam tech prices get sensible. The new is wearing off and the competition is revving up and we should benefit.

Thanks

Would it be possible to grab the video files via a web service? I'd like to copy the files to my file server @ home using a script I'll write.

Would it be possible to grab the video files via a web service? I'd like to copy the files to my file server @ home using a script I'll write.
The files are available via http, you will need to do a little work to parse the file list to extract the links from the home page before downloading the individual files, but not too difficult.

Id like to see some night footage on dark streets or roads.

@gapi - I have attached a YouTube video but be aware (and everyone) that is really boring, but does last for 18 minutes and gives you the chance to see different levels of light and street lights etc.

Joklin that is also a good idea, actually I never thought of either materials, so I give a big thanks to both of you, it sure beats the heck out of a long piece of wire by a long shot!

Must be hard to get out of the street lights there. I did see a short run of it though, wish tyou would have hit the highbeams. The BV750 beats what little I seen but its running its best mbs & 60fps so no comparison over the A129 Duo running 30.
Thanks.

What are those curvy road lines, I though the video was messing up at first :-}.

The zigzags I assume you mean? They mark out an area either side of pedestrian crossings as safe zones.

Is the rear cam cable the same as the one for Street Guardian SG9663DC?

The zigzags I assume you mean? They mark out an area either side of pedestrian crossings as safe zones.

I see Thanks.

FYI - Don't get me wrong on the unlit night sampling, I know this is not really an area best to really evaluate cams unless its a preferred situation, and even though the BV750 or above looks better there, the day time in motion clarity of the Viofo crushes the BV.

The files are available via http, you will need to do a little work to parse the file list to extract the links from the home page before downloading the individual files, but not too difficult.
That's fantastic news, thank you!

Bamboo stick should be great for poking a hole in your roof lining

Here we use the hard plastic yellow tongue that comes from tongue and groove flooring
Bamboo is pretty good at transferring the feel of what it is pushing against back to your hand, so you don't tend to poke holes in things, much better than more flexible or heavier things. Must be plenty of alternatives though.
I installed an a129 today in a 2016 Honda CRV and it was no problem with a regular metal snake.

I found it much easier to reverse the wire from the suggested way, because the angled connector allowed me to mount the rear camera higher.

The headliner in the vehicle was far too thick to be punctured.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I installed an a129 today in a 2016 Honda CRV and it was no problem with a regular metal snake.

I found it much easier to reverse the wire from the suggested way, because the angled connector allowed me to mount the rear camera higher.

The headliner in the vehicle was far too thick to be punctured.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
For most people, it is best not to mount it too high or the wiper wont reach to clear the rain on the outside and the heater wont reach to clear the mist on the inside...

Mine is sited between the top and second heating element.

What file, where? You lost me.

Found one small problem with the mount which was down to my silly mistake really. I removed the SD card to check how the picture looked on my PC, when I went to reinsert the SD card I slid it in and went to push it home and the camera went shooting off the mount. Never thought about it as I had done this lots of times on my A119S but it's mount slides up and down rather than left and right. If you need to remove or reinsert the SD card make sure you either keep a good hold of the camera or remove the camera from the mount.

Back