Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

Good question. I was going to post the video to show @TonyM what happens when the buttons are pressed.... now I just have to find the correct video! Stay tuned.:)
As promised.
I found the video and created a new one that shows how much movement there is when the buttons are pressed on the T130. Surprisingly very little movement.
Video quality at the end of the video is low grade. It is only a sample of the next video I will be posting to show how the Dashcam handles rough dirt roads with some speed.

Partially disassembled to eliminate backlash !!
put a cloth tape and put it together, now there is no backlash and the ratchet works with an interference fit, that's what you need !!

Attachments

• 1 (1).JPG
    1 (1).JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 1 (2).JPG
    1 (2).JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 1 (3).JPG
    1 (3).JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 1 (4).JPG
    1 (4).JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 1 (5).JPG
    1 (5).JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1 (6).JPG
    1 (6).JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 24
My T130 stopped recording on its own yesterday, after well over 1 hour of driving & recording, it did also start recording again on its own.
As the camera are on the regular PSU i will check today how it is seated, it could also be the new card i put in it ( 256GB adata endurance ) are not a favorite.
I am inclined to think the plug wiggles loose, i have been digging in the glove box where my 12 V power grid are located, normally this dont really happen but it is a factor i must check

When you take a photo using the T130 are you getting GPS co-ordinates located in China only on the front camera images?

Viofo app doesn’t recognise the T130 in latest version 2.2 on a iPhone 8 IOS 15+

Won’t be a good look now that the T130 has been released.

Looks like the update version 1 (was ver 59) has been published most likely in error.
Anyone able to confirm.

On iPhone 7 Plus, when entering the application, it gives an error.
And with A139 it works fine !!

Update:
The T130 got a firmware update v1027.

As my iPhone 8 with IOS 15+ automatically updates all my apps it has also updated the Viofo app.
With the updated app it required the latest firmware to work. (Took me over an hour to realise the app has been updated as I normally do it manually and didn’t realise I couldn’t control that anymore. )

Everything works correctly now.
A new feature is it allows wifi to remain on so it has become so much easier to copy files to the phone.

You are permitted to use the buttons on the dash cam while in parking mode.

I had asked many times for this and it seems perhaps others also asked and Viofo listened.

I was getting an Error Code- 256: camera unknown error.
With the updated app and latest firmware everything worked.

Here are my test results
With iOS app version 1 and firmware ver 1027/0906

Tested downloading while in parking mode.
Finished 3 files first time- no errors.
Permitted wifi to be disabled.
Allowed wifi to be re enabled.
Allowed to disable and enable microphone
Allows video protection while in park mode.
Allows powering off dash cam.
Allows powering on dash cam.
Requires manual restart of wifi

@vvs49
What IOS is your iPhone running?

Last edited:
The T130 no longer sticks to the windscreen. I suspected the pad was not a 3M due to no labelling which is not a problem but if you are on to a good thing then stick to it! (Like how I did that lol)
The temperature is nowhere near what it will get to in Australia so I am expecting many will have this issue.

I am placing the backup sticky pad on it. Hopefully, it will last longer. I did make sure the windscreen was cleaned before I had installed it the first time. Isopropolene and a warm day... in the sun 18 degrees type of warm.

Mine fell of in England 3 times...

Paul.
Did you manage to get it to stick?

I used the supplied sticky pad and that didn’t last the day!
It fell off the windscreen within hours.

I have just put a 3M sticky on it so tomorrow will be the test.

The T130 is considerably heavier than the A129 range and the cables also place a load on the mount. They can also look untidy.

The dash cam fell from the windscreen about 3 times before the sticky didn’t stick anymore.
The second replacement sticky pad didn’t last a day.

I don’t know what brand or strength the sticky pad supplied is, but I’m sure it needs to be stronger for the weight of the T130.

I suggest @viofo also consider supplying sticky mount cable ties.
They where supplied in the A129 Duo IR dash cam.

The Win out of this is, I relocated the dash cam to I hope will be less obvious to the public.

Did you manage to get it to stick?

I used the supplied sticky pad and that didn’t last the day!
It fell off the windscreen within hours.

I have just put a 3M sticky on it so tomorrow will be the test.
It stayed on after the first time for a week maybe, then fell again. Then a couple of days later.

It was always first thing in the morning though, so cold air and cold glass may have been a factor.

Paul.

I installed my DVR in the car on 09/03/2021 and until today it has never fallen off. But he hadn’t seen the heat yet.
Let's see what happens in the summer.
He had already seen the cold down to -5. The windshield was covered with ice.

I'm using this 3M adhesive tape after the T130 fell using the supplied adhesive from Viofo...
81uQbywPpUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The T130 no longer sticks to the windscreen. I suspected the pad was not a 3M due to no labelling which is not a problem but if you are on to a good thing then stick to it! (Like how I did that lol)
The temperature is nowhere near what it will get to in Australia so I am expecting many will have this issue.

I am placing the backup sticky pad on it. Hopefully, it will last longer. I did make sure the windscreen was cleaned before I had installed it the first time. Isopropolene and a warm day... in the sun 18 degrees type of warm.
If you used the provided spare sticky pad like I did as well, it is going to fall again soon. Those pads didn't seem to have a name brand on them unlike the ones from the other viofo products where they where using the good 3M pads.

I have used the gorilla double sided tape (see picture) with great success recently and I recommend it but like I said before, there is no going wrong by using the 3M brand. In my opinion they seem equivalent in performance.20211128_214557.jpg

Hi @runtohell121 and @Paul Iddon,

Can you confirm please if only the dashcam fell without the mount still sticky on the windscreen or the dashcam fell with the mount together?
In my case the sticky pad stayed in the windscreen and the camera was hanging with the mount attached to it.20210921_122358.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G T130 2
D T130 58
rcg530 T130 135
mentadent T130 3
J T130 12
Back