My brand new SG9665GC V3 is not performing as expected!

@Feitelijk your must have good eyes for detail as most of them above don't look a lot different to me. I do notice it when it becomes noticeable but I can barely notice it above, very slightly if any.

there is a little bit of difference there, it looks like the adjustment is slightly out which is just a human error issue when setting focus, it is a manual process so unfortunately they can be slightly off sometimes, @niko is away for a week so we can't deal with it at the moment, will have to wait another week until he gets back home

there is a little bit of difference there, it looks like the adjustment is slightly out which is just a human error issue when setting focus, it is a manual process so unfortunately they can be slightly off sometimes, @niko is away for a week so we can't deal with it at the moment, will have to wait another week until he gets back home
I can deal remotely if need to organise return for further lab or other more deeper test / adjustments.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

probably better to wait and check it properly before sending
Yeah, probably better to test side by side,like @wozzzzza mentioned it is hard to judge if unit is alone.

@Feitelijk your must have good eyes for detail as most of them above don't look a lot different to me. I do notice it when it becomes noticeable but I can barely notice it above, very slightly if any.
Seriously? The garage on the left and the tree are comletely out of focus. The whole left side is actually.

there is a little bit of difference there, it looks like the adjustment is slightly out which is just a human error issue when setting focus, it is a manual process so unfortunately they can be slightly off sometimes,
Would that mean that the whole field is out of focus and not only the left?

I can have a poke around in side myself if you think it's only turning the lens a bit.

side by side I can see it, but I wouldn't notice it otherwise.

On this one you do don't you?
4wZcBYt.jpg

Would that mean that the whole field is out of focus and not only the left?

I can have a poke around in side myself if you think it's only turning the lens a bit.

I think there's something else amiss, you also have some sort of rattle that doesn't belong so maybe some other problem there, better we just swap it over for you, @niko will arrange it for you, I'd rather have that one back as is so we can have a look at it first and see what the problem is, hardware, assembly issue, whatever

Okidoki. It was suggested above that it might have something to do with a bad batch. (heatwise)
Any indication that this could be the case?

Okidoki. It was suggested above that it might have something to do with a bad batch. (heatwise)
Any indication that this could be the case?

not sure yet, it's being looked into already but still waiting to get some samples back for checking to see what we find, there hasn't been too many but definitely a spike which is unusual so it needs to be looked at regardless

Finally I was able to do some further tests with replaced unit.
1 snapshot - new unit parking lot - this is after 30 minutes drive, sharp
2a snapshot - old unit parking lot - before drive, sharp
2b snapshot - old unit parking lot - after 10 minutes drive, soft
The difference here might not be as easily noticeable as it was during sunny day, but still, old unit is loosing focus after few minutes of drive. Haven't noticed this with new unit so far.

more samples; easily noticeable difference in focus in favor of replacement (new unit)
3 highway video - old unit - soft
4 highway video - new unit - sharp

and video while parked (forgot to turn off)
5 still video - new unit parking lot2 - sharp

Interesting is that old unit has SN from 2017 (17020358, firmware 2016), replacement has SN from 2016 (2016510025, but newer firmware, dated 2017).
I did some drive at night as well, similar issue with focus, decided not to upload more videos, but available if needed.
Hopefully I will be able soon to drive more so will have a closer look how new unit behaves under different weather conditions.

Thanks @niko for excellent customer service! Shipping back old unit tomorrow.

Interesting is that old unit has SN from 2017 (17020358, firmware 2016), replacement has SN from 2016 (2016510025, but newer firmware, dated 2017).

thanks, this information is helpful for us to try and narrow down the problem and work out which units may have been affected

Should I ship it to HiNiko already? Or wait until he's back. I have his address so if you want it as quick as possible.

Yes, I am back from short holiday. Will confirm return shipping details via email.

Well rested? had fun? Nice weather?

Back