2 Mobius or 1 Lukas 7950 or a Blackvue 550 or 650

I li
I have three power banks, so one can be charging at home while the other is in use, with a spare available if necessary.

See image below. The 12v supply plugs into the DC-IN Jack. The Anker plugs into the USB Port.

View attachment 19997

I like that solution. Answers a lot of questions for me.

Do you mount the seperate display unit in your car somewhere convenient to operate or do you keep it hidden inder the swat or in glove compartment or armrest storage?

So here's what I ended up doing.

I want to go with a Steet Guardian but do to funds I have to hold off for a few weeks..... in the meantime I picked up at a118c from GearBest who had them on sale for what came out to be for me less than $80 Canadian....... (plus a $20 import fee :-( so that is not bad.

I am going to use the a118c on the front for a few weeks until I can pick up a street guardian..... I am slightly leaning to a wedge model because of the form factor....and then I will use the SG on the front and switch the a118c on the back.......

I also have to pick up some Husky Liner floor mats for the winter but that is another story......

The a118c will tie you over nicely Will, and you get a taste of the Street Guardian if you go for the SG9665GC, the 2 cameras should be in the same housing.

I see you have made your decision but, have you thought about a Vicovation dash cam? They have some pretty good ones, that have a lot that you're looking for. The buffered parking mode, it includes ball joint mount so you can pretty much point it in any direction. Something to think about maybe while you use the one you got? I think this one is worth checking out. http://www.canadadashcam.com/collections/vicovation/products/vico-marcus-2

Stark ..... why can't I find much info on the 2 model on dash cam talks.... ?

Do you have this model yourself? You have given me something to think about which I hadnt before.

I was wondering about that myself too, Will70... Only one I could find is about the 2 model has variable bitrates. I don't have a model myself, but I have a friend that recently got one, and is pretty happy with it so far. Only thing he could complain about really is the larger size of the video files, but that's normal with variable bitrates and getting higher quality.

A118c arrived today. Very good mount. When I can finally get the street guardian it will be a simple swap.

Indeed :D

There can be some loosness in the mount and therefore some noice on the audio, but SG come with a noice dampening pad for that.

Back