200GB microSD cards now available on Amazon.

Why try 200GB if you can get 128GB for $0.03 per GB cheaper with a UHS Class 1 rating?
128GB can hold 16.6 hours of video (based on Panorama X2 1.884MB/s rate)

The camera ran like crap and constantly either crashed, stopped recording mid drive or just sat at 0:00:00. This would happen in less than 2 day intervals. Running the same firmware with the Lexar 633x cards formatted as FAT32 is much more stable and you're talking maybe two problems a month instead of three times a week. 1.02.05 works best for me but your milage may vary depending on the settings.
Hmm, weird, I never had these issues with my 64GB cards, instead my issues were with corrupted cards once every 1 or 2 or 3 months (probably due to parking mode cutting off power without properly managing card read/write when that happens).

not sure how they'll go in the GC but I have a bunch of other models I want to check with as well, I ordered some other cards also to do some testing, some different 64GB and 128GB models

Why try 200GB if you can get 128GB for $0.03 per GB cheaper with a UHS Class 1 rating?
The 200GB isn't for full time dashcam use - I've got other usages for it but will be use it to test how the 200GB card works in other cams like the SG9665GC.

Don't forget I'm in the UK and I wasn't going to turn down the chance of ordering a 200GB card for the price of the 128GB cards here :)

price will only come down but for me it's just about testing to see if compatible or if we can make compatible for future use

I'll have a play tomorrow mate - I'm guessing it should work with the same block size change as the 128GB cards when formatting as FAT32

sooo i guessed it passed the card test eh rev?

Just ordered 2 128GB cards for $40 each, nearly 50% off compared to 2-3 months ago. Nice... Can't believe 64GB is $18 now.

Just took a look on Amazon.co.uk ( UK) I see the Samsung 128gig micro SD card about £7/£8 cheaper than one I bought from them in July, I think I paid about £56 then, so only about 12% cheaper here now, about US$72 / US$73

Sucks to be in UK, 50 pounds, plus 1.5x conversion, 75$ vs $40 on amazon US. :p
Forgot, also the VAT, like 20% vs ~10% in US?

So @jokiin it's a great success in the SG9665GC.

Out of the box it's an exFAT partition which causes a card error to be displayed:

upload_2015-11-30_10-50-13.png

Then you just drop into the menus and format in camera and it works great, changing the block size and partition type to FAT32:

upload_2015-11-30_10-50-39.png

It works fine and reports over 26 hours of recording time in camera.

I didn't get chance to run it through h2testw so it's working through now - they're not the fastest cards at around 15.1MB/sec write speed so it will take around 3.5 hours to fill the card and then hopefully a quarter of that to read it all back again. I'll report back later and then will leave it cycling with the GC connected to a power bank.

Heh, guess what, amazon is now out of stock for the 128GB card. LOL

832f2c21d994a2b41b9f26403cd260d5.jpg

That's cheap

I want a card each for 3 of my future JooVoos and will wait for a few weeks for stuff to settle down on the camera side but will take some cards now.

128gb are so cheap at the minute and could you grab me some please.

Iv never bought through ebay or used paypal or whatever and could not be bothered either with their fees and bullship.

Could you please buy me 3 of compatible cards and I will deposit cash to wherever with master or visa............. Too easy.

Iv never bought through ebay or used paypal or whatever and could not be bothered either with their fees and bullship.

Could you please buy me 3 of compatible cards and I will deposit cash to wherever with master or visa............. Too easy.

buy from Amazon USA, payment is via credit card, no PayPal, no membership etc

Back