612GW

no, I do use it but not much, I have a 1TB account with Mediafire

I'll have the 50Gb, and Mediafire's 10Gb too. That should last me a while!

Cheers m8.

I'll have the 50Gb, and Mediafire's 10Gb too. That should last me a while!

Cheers m8.

I use a few different services as sometimes some of them aren't accessible from China and I often have large files going back and forth with our engineers etc, between them it gets the job done

YouTube test audio and 4K compression (they often remove audio)...

Link to file without YouTube doing anything > RAW FILE

Let me know if YT mutes the audio for you if you would please...

YouTube test audio and 4K compression (they often remove audio)...

Link to file without YouTube doing anything > RAW FILE

Let me know if YT mutes the audio for you if you would please...
As I don't have a 4k TV, when the Nissan and the ford fiesta goes past and you freeze the footage can you read the number plates? When I watch in 1080p i couldn't make them out.

If the vehicles are travelling at around 20 mph or more, then the combined speed of your own car will in almost all instances cause the number plates to be blurring.

Can't remember where I saw that, but it was a reviewer on YT that had several videos which showed it. So, you are right in that you won't be able to make them out - most cameras cannot make it happen because of the frame rates of 30fps, and if you have 60fps you lose so much light it has the same effect. Apparently.

If the vehicles are travelling at around 20 mph or more, then the combined speed of your own car will in almost all instances cause the number plates to be blurring.

Can't remember where I saw that, but it was a reviewer on YT that had several videos which showed it. So, you are right in that you won't be able to make them out - most cameras cannot make it happen because of the frame rates of 30fps, and if you have 60fps you lose so much light it has the same effect. Apparently.
Blimey my mobius & G1w-s pick up the reg numbers on a clear day at combined speed of 80mph + ok but my Joovuu x seems to get the same sort of results as the 612

more to do with lighting than speed, we have examples of 200 km/h closing speeds and still being able to read plates, as the lighting drops the speed at which you can catch a plate will also drop

more to do with lighting than speed, we have examples of 200 km/h closing speeds and still being able to read plates, as the lighting drops the speed at which you can catch a plate will also drop

You should send me one...

I'll have a look ;)

Just upgraded my low beams to LED now all my night footages flicker (n)

Attachments

• IMG_7998.jpg
    IMG_7998.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 9
Here are my sample freeze frames from:

402:

FE0tsRD.jpg

412:

rBPZHDH.jpg

ZmcgdA3.jpg

Donated 612:

nys5J55.jpg

I didn't use the faster footage as my examples are relatively lower speed so tried to compare like for like.

Hmmm.....

Last edited:
Here are my sample freeze frames from:

Donated 612:

nys5J55.jpg

I didn't use the faster footage as my examples are relatively lower speed so tried to compare like for like.

Hmmm.....

I think nextbase need to do a major overhaul of the picture quality as it's not up to scratch....you can buy 5 x G1w-s for the same money as a 612 and you get better results both day and night from the G1.......plus it's capacitor powered :ROFLMAO:

That flicker - I haven't double checked but I seem to recall an option on the 402 for a front led - or something similar?

With it on, things like roadside dot matrix signs and some car brake lights flicker.

Electronic bus routes on fronts of buses flicker. They are LED's I think too. It's the refresh rate innit? I saw it on the 412GW too, as well as the Z-Edge model I have.

I'll check tomorrow but I'm sure there was a setting you could turn off that reduced or eliminated it. Don't remember seeing the same on the 412.
I'll check tomorrow to see if I'm spouting rubbish.

Regarding the freeze frames, having run my 412 in 1080@60 and 1440@30 it does seem that the 1440 gives slightly sharper images whilst the footage, to me, looks no worse at 30fps.
I'm no expert in how this all works but I was expecting 4K to be really sharp, even on a 1080 monitor, so I'm confused by the lack of number plate detail. Is it because 4K on a 1080 monitor just doesn't work?

I'm also back to VLC because WMP was having performance issues with some clips.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20
Rickn55 612GW 7
Back