A129 Pro firmware

The final V1.0 0924 version will be shared on support.viofo.com.

Thanks for all of your feedback, please help to confirm while the camera is beeping in parking mode, is the card full?

Thanks for all of your feedback, please help to confirm while the camera is beeping in parking mode, is the card full?
I've had the beeping on a 256GB card while it had over 100GB free so it's not just when full (or maybe two issues, one related to slow file table updates maybe when full).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Normally my card is full, however I have heard beeps in parking mode when the card is not full.

I've had the beeping on a 256GB card while it had over 100GB free so it's not just when full (or maybe two issues, one related to slow file table updates maybe when full).

Yes, same here, card not even half-full yet.

I've experienced that double-beep-missing-footage issue today in the morning again.

Yes, same here, card not even half-full yet.
How did your card come to be empty? Did you format it, or delete the files?

How did your card come to be empty? Did you format it, or delete the files?

I've put it as new and formatted in the dashcam very recently and I don't use parking mode, so it didn't fill up just yet.

Thanks for all of your feedback, please help
Request to Viofo
Add to menu 0924:
Auto power off display: off

Will the TS format be in the firmware?

Автооткл..jpg Автооткл_1.jpg

Just installed 20190924 into my demo unit and re-formatted memory card. I'm going for a ~600km trip this weekend so I will look closely into stability of this build.

Btw, here's the A129 PRO vs A129 vs A119V3 comparison:

So if I connect to my camera(V1.0 #20190924) with WIFI and then change settings and save it, the screen no longer turns off... ever. If I manually go into the camera options to change the screensaver option I get 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes and a bunch of B1 and so on. Upon selecting 1 minute from there the screen still would never turn off, only rebooting the camera did it.

Also syncing the time with my phone will set and then reset once the camera reboots.

I noticed the other day the A129 Pro recognised an exFAT card so testing that at the moment.

It's got support in the SDK now so will be interesting to see how it goes compared to the FAT32 fudge

I noticed the other day the A129 Pro recognised an exFAT card so testing that at the moment.

It's got support in the SDK now so will be interesting to see how it goes compared to the FAT32 fudge

Should put less wear on the cards, being designed for flash storage, but I'm not sure that it is officially supported by Viofo, they still say to format it as FAT32 in the camera. And remember that it is no good for firmware updates!

Should put less wear on the cards, being designed for flash storage, but I'm not sure that it is officially supported by Viofo, they still say to format it as FAT32 in the camera. And remember that it is no good for firmware updates!
I did query licensing as well, but then I just found this:

That would be great news as would mean potentially no license fees in some instances [emoji106]

MS are definitely a different company to years ago!

For the people who have beep problems, are you using original charger?

No.

However I'm using original Viofo's USB cable, as when I used different mini USB cable, the camera wasn't working properly (frequent rebooting etc.).

Wysłane z mojego GM1903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

You need to use the original charger for A129 Pro.
Btw, here's the A129 PRO vs A129 vs A119V3 comparison:
I think V3 had too much sky and because of this the V3 image is darker.
When doing such comparisons put the horizon exactly at the same level to obtain a correct comparison. If not exactly at the same level you are wasting time with editing the video and the result is wrong.

Is anyone else having issues with the camera freezing as soon as any setting is changed under the viofo app? The camera freezes and the app becomes unresponsive.

Only solution is to reboot the camera apply settings via the front cam and relaunch the app. Last I understood viofo didn't want us to fiddle with both settings. Either change the settings via the app or via the camera but not both.

You need to use the original charger for A129 Pro.
Beta testers did not receive a charger with the A129 Pro, so we're supplying our own power sources. I'm using the HK3.

I am using a non-Viofo USB cable and I have no beeping.

I'm using the Viofo HK3 @Mtz, I haven't tried it any other way than the hardwire.

Back