A129 Pro firmware

Is it 1.2T2? it show this code after I installed it
What build version shows with it? it may be a newer build that the one I have installed. I'm on V1.2ACC.T Build 20191101

Last edited:
What build version shows with it? it may be a newer build that the one I have installed.
Where did you get the 1.2 firmware?

someone pointed it to me few days back on this tread. I will try to find it...

Where can I find the BootLoader for A129 Pro Duo?
So far I could only find the BootLoader for A129 Pro Duo IR.

Latest Firmware I can find for A129 Pro Duo IR is dated 20191017.
Does this one have all the fixes in A129 Pro Duo firmware dated 20191015?
Are there newer firmwares for A129 Pro Duo IR that reflect the updates made to A129 Pro Duo firmware dated 20191029 and 20191101 respectively?

I've recently bought a Viofo A129 Pro Duo with the A129 Infra Red(IR) Camera, and the A129 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit Cable HK3 For Parking Mode.

I want to view front, back and interior.
The original Full HD Rear Camera can't rotate all the way front, and the IR Camera can't rotate all the way back.
So now I have a 3 camera setup with 2 set of cables and I swap depending on which one I want on the time, rear or interior.

IMG_20191115_0152410.jpg

IMG_20191115_0152534.jpg

IMG_20191115_0206082.jpg

IMG_20191115_0206262.jpg

IMG_20191115_0206564.jpg

20191115_014921A.JPG

20191115_014921B.JPG

20191115_015937B.JPG

I've learned that the IR Camera will work with the A129 Pro Duo, just that the IR settings can't be set nor changed.
I know it's possible to flash the A129 Pro Duo IR firmware after flashing the BootLoader, but not possible to flash back the A129 Pro Duo firmware without flashing back the original BootLoader.
So I'm not going to risk it without knowing I can go back.
And if the IR firmware is not going to get reflected updates like non-IR, then I will need to choose between IR features or recent fixes.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The Night Footage was bad. Can't even see car license plate number. It is completely wash out. Is this a problem of being 4k Resolution that it is not suitable for night footage?

Is this WDR on? Try WDR off. Me personally like WDR off. IMO Night time video a lot better without WDR.

Are there newer firmwares for A129 Pro Duo IR that reflect the updates made to A129 Pro Duo firmware dated 20191029 and 20191101 respectively?

I've recently bought a Viofo A129 Pro Duo with the A129 Infra Red(IR) Camera, and the A129 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit Cable HK3 For Parking Mode.

The original Full HD Rear Camera can't rotate all the way front, and the IR Camera can't rotate all the way back.
So now I have a 3 camera setup with 2 set of cables and I swap depending on which one I want on the time, rear or interior.

I've learned that the IR Camera will work with the A129 Pro Duo, just that the IR settings can't be set nor changed.
I know it's possible to flash the A129 Pro Duo IR firmware after flashing the BootLoader, but not possible to flash back the A129 Pro Duo firmware without flashing back the original BootLoader.
And if the IR firmware is not going to get reflected updates like non-IR, then I will need to choose between IR features or recent fixes.

Thanks.
Check with @viofo or if am not mistaken @Jeremy Wong have it.

Thanks.

Here's the loader @viofo sent to me when I can't flash back A129 Pro Duo firmware after testing A129 Pro Duo IR firmware.

Please try to use this loader: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ivaaq8PeJmoQ0z22AYwFCzQlnsdTB9u4
And change the name to LA129PIR.bin.

No idea if this v1.2T2 will solve your problem but can give it a try. So far i do not have issue in parking mode after flashing it. But will need some more testing.

The said firmware could be good for addressing parking mode that i faced but nonetheless you might want to give it a go.

Nope the V1.2T2 does not fix the beep beep and missing 5 sec video. It seems that it will happen in 25 minute every first driving.

What build version shows with it? it may be a newer build that the one I have installed. I'm on V1.2ACC.T Build 20191101
The V1.2T2 Build 20191029 does not fix the problem. Will try the V1.2ACC.T

The V1.2T2 Build 20191029 does not fix the problem. Will try the V1.2ACC.T
I should have done more testing when I had problems with mine. I had v1.0 working flawlessly and I was even able to use WiFi for the app without hangups. I was using the 3 minute recording loop then I decided going for one minute loop. soon after that I had the first double beep occasionally but but can't tell for sure if that is what is causing the problem. I updated to the v1.2ACC.T and went back to the 3 minute loop again and no issues now so far. I guess I should have tried just changing the recording loop time instead just replacing the firmware to confirm there is an issue with the loop record settings. At least that is the only thing I can think I did different at that time that made the difference. Maybe I can try the one and two minute segments in my actual firmware and see if that triggers the same issue.

I should have done more testing when I had problems with mine. I had v1.0 working flawlessly and I was even able to use WiFi for the app without hangups. I was using the 3 minute recording loop then I decided going for one minute loop. soon after that I had the first double beep occasionally but but can't tell for sure if that is what is causing the problem. I updated to the v1.2ACC.T and went back to the 3 minute loop again and no issues now so far. I guess I should have tried just changing the recording loop time instead just replacing the firmware to confirm there is an issue with the loop record settings. At least that is the only thing I can think I did different at that time that made the difference. Maybe I can try the one and two minute segments in my actual firmware and see if that triggers the same issue.
Ic. I didn't think that the looping maybe the cause. I'll revert back to 1.1 and try with 3 minutes loop and see will it have the same issue.

Ic. I didn't think that the looping maybe the cause. I'll revert back to 1.1 and try with 3 minutes loop and see will it have the same issue.
Hard to tell really but there is a possibility. The reason I needed to do more testing on my side. Unless something else changed that triggered the issue. I need to install one of my older cams as a backup while I do more testing with different settings with this cam. I'm Interested in knowing what you find out...

I wonder could it be due to the micro sd card / dash cam is not quick enough in deleting old files when looping thus lead to the 5 sec missing?

I am using 1 min looping and i realised there’s an extra 2 secs in my rear (or i should say short of 2 secs in my front video clip) on and off. For example front clip 13:44:50 while the rear clip will be 13:44:52. No idea if this is what you all referring to?

I wonder could it be due to the micro sd card / dash cam is not quick enough in deleting old files when looping thus lead to the 5 sec missing?

I am using 1 min looping and i realised there’s an extra 2 secs in my rear (or i should say short of 2 secs in my front video clip) on and off. For example front clip 13:44:50 while the rear clip will be 13:44:52. No idea if this is what you all referring to?
I'm actually testing a firmware which has been modified to ensure more free space is available for that very reason as it was cutting it fine even on a 400GB card. With this test firmware it is leaving much more space available to cater for slow file table updates.

It seems to have helped with the parking mode file corruptions I sometimes saw although as we've had cold temps I'm not getting as many parking mode files as the HK3 is cutting out much earlier, but I have had beeping when driving even with this firmware (and the missing footage) so the engineers are still trying to work out the root cause.

I'm actually testing a firmware which has been modified to ensure more free space is available for that very reason as it was cutting it fine even on a 400GB card. With this test firmware it is leaving much more space available to cater for slow file table updates.

It seems to have helped with the parking mode file corruptions I sometimes saw although as we've had cold temps I'm not getting as many parking mode files as the HK3 is cutting out much earlier, but I have had beeping when driving even with this firmware (and the missing footage) so the engineers are still trying to work out the root cause.
I do not have beep issue with my Samsung evo plus 128gb and it has been looping even in parking mode from what i noticed.

Just installed a 512gb evo plus recently. Gonna take some time for it to start looping. Keeping it at High bitrate as of now. Will see how it goes.

I don’t seem to be having any beeping issues on my A129 Pro Duo. Everything works perfectly so far for me. I don’t use parking mode so perhaps that’s why, I use a 256GB WD Purple Surveillance high endurance SD card. 2 minute loop time on firmware v1.1.

I don't have beeping issues either, since I upgraded my memory card from Sandisk Ultra 256gb to Sandisk Extreme 256gb. It beeped with the Transcend 400x card also, for me.

I think the faster speed of the Extreme card prevents it from getting overwhelmed from the dual simultaneous streams. I think the A129 pro may be pushing the upper limits of some cards, but who knows. :) I am running 3 min loops on my cams, with the 9/25 firmware. I'll try it with a newer one with the next official release, but that combo has been very stable for me.

Back