A229 Pro, when?

In Danish we would also say opsedasse where English would be upsy-daisy for say a child that have fallen over and hurt itself.
Those have different meanings, the first is when the child falls over, and the second when it is lifted back up off the ground, although I think the second was originally for when the child was lifted up to get them up out of bed at the start of a new day.
It is a weird and wonderful world we live in.
Indeed.

I am moving to China, that is a nation that knows how to celebrate a holiday. They have 37 holidays next year and two of them are
five day holidays!! :)

Chinese Holidays for 2024

My dashcam is still sitting on the dock of the bay, or some dock, somewhere. Five days now not being picked up by the shipper. I will
keep busting on @viofo until they understand it is not a good idea to promise a ship date that is on the eve of a week long holiday.

It is the principal more than anything else.

edited:: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to report that something is afoot with my package. Received a text message from DHL that my package will be delivered on 10 OCT, Tuesday, by end of day. The DHL tracking number
also changed, or perhaps DHL was using the All-In-One-Package Tracking / Track17 number until DHL took actual possession of the package, and then changed over to their in-house tracking.
Anyway, DHL shows they are processing the shipment, whereas Track17 states the package is awaiting pickup. I will give more credence to the DHL tracking number.

So, it seems the package sat in China until today (Friday HKT) and is now on its way to me. :)

They replied back to my email. Seems the number of pre-orders exceeded their expectations and they did not have enough stock on hand to ship all of them out before the 30th. Disappointing, but I will see about placing an order again when I am back from my trip. At least I would assume any major bugs would be worked out by then.

It is good to know VIOFO had a successful pre-order response. Many of us will get our dashcams next week, we will beta test them while you are on vacation. :ROFLMAO:

Of course, I did realise that I would be doing a handful of firmware updates for a while, that is the curse of being an early adopter. :)

They replied back to my email. Seems the number of pre-orders exceeded their expectations and they did not have enough stock on hand to ship all of them out before the 30th. Disappointing, but I will see about placing an order again when I am back from my trip. At least I would assume any major bugs would be worked out by then.
Ah, I wonder if that is why my order - placed on 16th Sep - hasn't shipped out either. I did message them and they had mentioned if there was no delay they'd get it shipped out on the 28th, so this may be the reason.

Ah, I wonder if that is why my order - placed on 16th Sep - hasn't shipped out either. I did message them and they had mentioned if there was no delay they'd get it shipped out on the 28th, so this may be the reason.

I placed my order on the 17th of September, a day after yours. Today I see the package has cleared customs and is on its way to DHL in North Carolina. My two A229 Pro were "special handling"
in the sense they were the main camera and the IR camera, no rear camera. Mine may have jumped the line to someone else that moved it quicker through the system.

Mine shipped and ordered 9/26

Mine shipped and ordered 9/26

DHL Tracking states my package has been processed in Cincinnati, Ohio; from there it goes to a DHL hub in Greensboro, North Carolina. This Monday is a Federal Holiday so I suspect that
is the reason for the Tuesday delivery.

Have you received your camera, any tracking on it?

I received a shipping notification yesterday, and have tracking information. They mentioned 12 - 15 days for it to arrive

There seems to be little rhyme or reason to the shipping and delivery dates. As successful as the pre-order sales appear to be, I imagine VIOFO is doing what they can
to get the product shipped. My package sat 7 days in China and on Friday, when the holiday wound down, there was activity to get the package moving. So 5 days from
Viofo to my house in this case, pretty good shipping to be honest.

I would have preferred VIOFO to have emailed me and been transparent and said they had a supply problem due to good sales, I would have understood. As it is, I really
am not bothered by the delay, just not pleased with their lack of transparency and decision making, that implied the package had been shipped.

I expect they have learned from this and will move forward with better decisions. VIOFO is one of the best Asian companies I have dealt with, I will continue to buy from them.

DHL Tracking states my package has been processed in Cincinnati, Ohio; from there it goes to a DHL hub in Greensboro, North Carolina. This Monday is a Federal Holiday so I suspect that
is the reason for the Tuesday delivery.

Have you received your camera, any tracking on it?
Just got tracking last night. 17 Track or 4PX is the shipper, so not sure what the end shipper will be, maybe USPS.

For the U.S. 4PX will likely hand off to FedEX, USPS, or possibly UPS. Have you tried the 4PX tracking number at FedEX, USPS, or UPS?

Looks like USPS will be the final delivery.

I have a account with USPS and use their text messaging notifications for my packages. Account is free at USPS and there are about 8 or so events that USPS will text you
on if you want to know where the package is, if delayed, out for delivery, delivered, etc. Often, you may not see any activity until the package enters you region or local area,
once there, the updates and text messages are generally accurate.

I have a account with USPS and use their text messaging notifications for my packages. Account is free at USPS and there are about 8 or so events that USPS will text you
on if you want to know where the package is, if delayed, out for delivery, delivered, etc. Often, you may not see any activity until the package enters you region or local area,
once there, the updates and text messages are generally accurate.
I've had that setup for years along with UPS and FedEx. Works great when it works, doesn't help when it sometimes skips a few packages.

i thought this was a preorder, just got my shipping info today, thought it was a while off, surprised about that.

Received my A229 Pro 3-CH yesterday via USPS from 4PX handoff. Total Transit Time 10 days.

Ten days is fairly reasonable with USPS involved. :)

My A229 Pro shipping time will be 5 days with a 17Track/All-In-One hand-off to DHL. But for Monday being a U.S. holiday, I would have the package on Monday instead of Tuesday. Five days is very good time from Asia to the east coast of the U.S. Presently the package is at DHL in Greensboro, North Carolina. In the past, that Greensboro location will be the last tracking I see on a package from DHL. They somehow mysteriously get it from North Carolina to Virginia. They must have a smaller hub in Virginia that is unknown to the world.

I have received two emails from VIOFO this morning, one stating the tracking number change from 17Track to DHL, the second email saying the package is in transit. So, VIOFO is waking up from a week of celebrations. :)

Back