[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

Is it possible to create an elf file if you have the Bin file? I have a papago gosafe 520, which is very similar to the g90, and its based on the A7LA50. I was able to use this firmware editor successfully with the camera a couple of times to change the images, edit sounds, bitrates, but one time the firmware didnt update properly and the camera is bricked. I am able to get it into directUSB mode and is detected by the directUSB software, but I dont have the elf file.

I also bricked my Papago 520 trying to remove the startup sound and editing the bitrate. Now my camera just boots into a black screen and nothing else. If you figure out a solution please post, thanks.

I also bricked my Papago 520 trying to remove the startup sound and editing the bitrate. Now my camera just boots into a black screen and nothing else. If you figure out a solution please post, thanks.

I actually did figure it out. I posted it in another thread:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-12-18-24mbps-options.6943/page-5#post-170453

By the way, I have successfully been able to edit the bitrates and alter the start up sound to something quieter and shorter on my gs520.

I did email papago asking for the .elf file. They havent replied yet. But with the elf file for this camera, it should be easier to recover via DirectUSB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Is there any way to convert BIN file to ELF with the toolbox?
I want to unbrick my SJ5000+ v3.0, but there is no ELF file for DirectUSB.
Can you help?
Thank in advance,

I am currently working on a Chinese device with A2 board.
When I change the strings.bin file, found out that a few of Chinese characters are not in the fonts lib.
The document of fonts.bin on the http://dc.p-mc.eu/ambarella/fontsbin is just a picture, I cannot fully get it.
Could you please help me with that? Just tell me more about the fonts.bin file.

Can anyone help me, I am stilling trying to find a way to edit the bitrate on my Gator HDDVR 400L.

The firmware is a few posts above.

Error Message:

Last edited:
thanks Falsificator, it took ages to finally get it all working.

The first time I updated the firmware it bricked my device, I have finally got it all restored and the new bit rates edited now on the G90 Cam, very happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
update* The camera just freezes after about 15/20 mins of recording, does that have anything to do with me changing the bitrate to 26mbit? I am running 2560x1080

I am using G90 a7la70 firmware as I cannot find G90 a7la50 firmware anywhere.

I decided to do an autopsy of his pogramma file bitmaps.bin
A2 - one algorithm, A5 - like the second, but may alternate to the A7 - the third algorithm.

Regime opening on the machine is not found.

I will seek a solution problemmy.
Good luck to all.

Algorithm RLE for bitmaps.bin A2.
One line of one picture.

0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0808EFEF66666666EFEF08080D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D0D

code
0A0D 830808EFEF 0366 83EFEF0808 100D

Is it possible defining the sensor readout corners with the editor?
So we could have medium field of views video with the Yi for example, just like with gopro do it.
thx

Tried changing my boot/shutdown logo's (which worked) but somehow all the menu texts are gone! My device is a Mini 0805 and am using AFT133, anybody knows how to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 15
Tried a different firmware, yet? Maybe thats firmware related

Tried a different firmware, yet? Maybe thats firmware related
Yes thank you! Somehow the firmware I backed-up from my device was corrupt. Tried the E-Prance one and now I have my menu texts back + my own boot logo.

I used your tool. Extracted font.bin to Then I try to add my alphabet language to font.bin; combine; But the result is not what I want.

Every font I added has a black background. And when I extracted the firmware and the font.bin,
So every font I added, It tranforms pink background to black background.
Do you know why ? Do anyone know why ? please, help me :( I feel I almost make it. :(

Last edited:
Back