[Big News]Original Xiaomi Yi 1080P Car WiFi DVR is coming!!!!

When trying to show the quality of a video just upload the original file.
If you want to cut it use Registrator Viewer.

I never understood why peoples which are not professionals in video editing are adding titles and subtitles to some videos which is supposed to show the reality of some camera. In 99% of videos with titles from YouTube the original quality is affected in the wrong way.

The only video which must to be reencoded is when doing side by side comparisons. But in that case all videos are affected by the users so it can be used only to see which is better. Of course, when working with avisynth and X264 encoder with the correct settings you can expect image quality near to the original. Even GoPro Studio is destroying a lot of details when reencoding. I am still amazed how people which spent $500 on a GoPro can accept such quality loss on their videos because of GoPro Studio. All their encodes must look almost transparent because most of them are posted on YouTube and there quality will suffer again. But I am sure professional filmmakers which are using GoPro in some situations are working with professional video editors, not the GoPro toy.

enjoy,
Mtz

What is your opinion on these comparisons?

http://bbs.xiaoyi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=31872&extra=page=1&page=1

ir1lKFe.jpg

ISO 3200

ISO 3200-2

ISO 2222

ISO 1271

ISO 300

ISO 491

DOD = winner of reading license plate number because of lens narrower angle. Second is the A12, but problems with lens flare
Yi = winner for low light details, second very close the DDPi

That thread is in chinese so I can read there and too much pictures and informations.

enjoy,
Mtz

DOD = winner of reading license plate number because of lens narrower angle. Second is the A12, but problems with lens flare
Yi = winner for low light details, second very close the DDPi

That thread is in chinese so I can read there and too much pictures and informations.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for reply. I knew very little English and no Chinese. If you got any information that thread, please share with us.

Thanks for reply. I knew very little English and no Chinese. If you got any information that thread, please share with us.
I think it is based on screen-shots, that I agree also, but in order:
1- Yi- as sorted Dash Cam
2- DOD clearest, but narrowest angle
3- A12 would be the best, but glare on the svreen is OTT (Over the top)- too much to consider using it as is, unless getting CPL filter

best to look at raw video instead of screenshots, no camera ever looks best in every situation
Yup!
now I am reading that "golden" and grey coloured units are different specs?

Seems that Yi Dashcma's A12 processor is an enhanced or maybe customized NT96660 + AR0230CS (2 MP 1/2.7" CMOS).

Reactions: Mtz
This is a very professional geek review seems, though I'm Chinese, I just can't understand much of it lol
But to be honest, Yi dashcam performs better at daylight, u can check, its enough for 3-car-lane
Daylight footage:
During night in some extreme conditions it performs not that clear, but the whole picture tends to cold, clear and crisp

This review:
http://bbs.xiaoyi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=31950&extra=page=1

Attachments

• 2016_0118_100746_045_20160120192204.JPG
    2016_0118_100746_045_20160120192204.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 11
I cancelled my pre-order for now. It seems that this dashcam will not be supplied with a bracket reinforced with 3M tape. And there seems to be manipulation on the people that reviewed this dashcam. Atleast, that is what i understood on the Chinese Xiaomi forum.
I'll wait for some additional reviews.

Seems that Yi Dashcma's A12 processor is an enhanced or maybe customized NT96660 + AR0230CS (2 MP 1/2.7" CMOS).
Great info! I think first they wanted to use the Ambarella popularity by chosing the mysterious A12 as chipset name even from the start they were using the Novatek chipset. Then the second question was: what to print on the erased Novatek logo chipset, the Ambarella name or some XiaoYi A12 name? Maybe is better to use a specialized video chipset instead of inventing one.

And it is XiaoYi not XiaoMi.

enjoy,
Mtz

Checked some posts, seems the feedback is not so good.

a lot of user complaints and I guess a lot of people that don't really understand how to work the product which either means poor documentation or poor configuration, maybe both

I cancelled my pre-order for now. It seems that this dashcam will not be supplied with a bracket reinforced with 3M tape. And there seems to be manipulation on the people that reviewed this dashcam. Atleast, that is what i understood on the Chinese Xiaomi forum.
I'll wait for some additional reviews.
LOL it is supplied with 3M tape and also dual port lighter (before was single port).. I have been tested this for like 3 weeks and its just excellent, the thing you guys have to worry about is becoz currently doesnt have other languages, translating now...
My all testing videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ySboFTHVz0jD1D-G5kJPnQIsnU7pWm1

And raw files here as some of you guys ask: Download: YI cam night raw file/YI dashcam daylight(handhold)/YI dashcam daylight(in car) from here: https://mega.nz/#fm/s4lzDRLC

LOL it is supplied with 3M tape and also dual port lighter (before was single port).. I have been tested this for like 3 weeks and its just excellent, the thing you guys have to worry about is becoz currently doesnt have other languages, translating now...
My all testing videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ySboFTHVz0jD1D-G5kJPnQIsnU7pWm1

And raw files here as some of you guys ask: Download: YI cam night raw file/YI dashcam daylight(handhold)/YI dashcam daylight(in car) from here: https://mega.nz/#fm/s4lzDRLC

The files are not shared. To do this right-click on a file, click on "Get link", click on "Link with key" and then paste the here the URL that MEGA generates. You need to do this for each file individually.

Back