BlackVue DR500GW-HD firmware v1.008 (En, Rus,..)

abright52 said:
Just a thought, but you could try manually setting the date through SSH using PuTTY. Would at least get you by in the short term.

Or even use the timeset program that Blackvue provide for the 350 I have.

Only thing with it is you have to set it to the time you are going to start the car up or it will be incorrect.

As I use mine for a rearview camera I simply dont worry about it as if I get stuffed up the rear the front camera will record an event as well which I can use for evidence

Does anybody know if this firmware is also suitable for the new DR500? (DR500 is new model without GPS and without WIFI).

Also reading the time problems and the answer from blackvue pointing to a faulty battery, I have some concerns.
Since the DR500 has no GPS, and as far as i know, it is not possible to manually setup the time... does it mean that DR500 owners that do not use the device for a long periods of time (discharging completely its internal battery) will cause the device reset the time to its default, and since DR500 has no GPS, it will be not possible anymore to setup the correct time???

edit: i see there is a DR350 time setting program. does it work also for newer models?

Have checked all the files with a program called MD5 Hash and they give the same hash number so they must be all the same file.

So it cant be that causing the problem.

defbear said:
BlackVue said:
Or does 1.008 have some sort of battery killing routines built into besides not up dating the date?
Have the same problem on 1.005E firmware first
Upgraded on 1.008E
But problem stays the same
Except on 1.005 date was always March 2013
On 1.008 date are always July 2013

Don't think problem with firmware

Once i've solved incorrect date and time problem, when put an old 1Gb micro SD card - date and time was correct
But when i put original card back - date was incorrect again
inserting 1Gb card back, date goes wrong this time

Now inserting any card, doesn't make date and time work correctly

I had an issue initially.

formatted my sd several times using the sdformatter. Installed the fw downloaded from the BV website and allowed the installer to do the installation. Once completed i put it in the camera and it was doing the upgrade then it prompted that it was restarting in English. Afterwards all I got was a repeating phrase in Korean (link to video https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/849 ... G_6214.MOV)

So I removed the SD, formatted it again, but this time I opened the FW installer with 7zip and simply extracted the folder onto the SD card. I put the SD back into the camera and it prompted again, upgrading, then restarting, and now it's recording.

I let it record for a couple of minutes and put it back into my computer so that I can adjust my time zone and other settings.

After trying several times, the wifi is not working for me. I was not able to connect with my iphone. Also, the time is wrong, even though it's set to Los Angeles and the config file shows 126

EDIT: I changed the SSID to "CAMERA" and the password to "blackvue" and i was able to connect. The buffering is improved over the previous version as well as the custom firmware. My time is still off, but i'm going to drive and see if it changes. The settings within the phone also points to Los Angeles as the time zone.

EDIT II: Drove about 30 miles and time is still off. Reading 4 PM when it's 8AM. Maybe the fix is to connect with my iphone, change the time zone to something else, let it restart, then change it back to my time zone to see if that holds. That was what I had to do when I had 1.005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can pittasoft make it so that we can switch from 24hrs to 12hrs. The default 24hrs time is annoying.

vbx said:
Can pittasoft make it so that we can switch from 24hrs to 12hrs. The default 24hrs time is annoying.

I would prefer the correct time shows up first :cry:

I switched it to New York time and it displayed the correct time. So I switched it back to LA and its still off.

If I have have time I guess I'll try and figure out a different time zone that's accurate to my location.

venezian said:
vbx said:

I would prefer the correct time shows up first :cry:

I switched it to New York time and it displayed the correct time. So I switched it back to LA and its still off.

If I have have time I guess I'll try and figure out a different time zone that's accurate to my location.

As said in the other thread i have done this

Well just for a laugh I used an old card and installed 1.008 on it and put it in my camera here in Australia.

HOWEVER I SET THE TIME TO LOS ANGELES

Result the time is correct exactly so I dont know whats up with the cameras that are not correct.

It cant be the updated firmware or they would all do it.

The people who are having troubles, what are you using to set the timezone? Are you using updated pc app, old pc app, android, or Apple? I wonder if we are having variances due to the different versions of apps. Also I didn't format my card when I installed the new f/w on it so many settings may have been kept from previous f/w, not sure (I did have to pretty much set it all up again after upgrade so this is probably a furfy).

tonymy01 said:
The people who are having troubles, what are you using to set the timezone? Are you using updated pc app, old pc app, android, or Apple? I wonder if we are having variances due to the different versions of apps. Also I didn't format my card when I installed the new f/w on it so many settings may have been kept from previous f/w, not sure (I did have to pretty much set it all up again after upgrade so this is probably a furfy).

When you say "apps" do you mean the Blackvue viewer or something else because the best way to set the camera up is through that

tonymy01 said:

I tried three different methods.

1. using the installed blackvue viewer app for windows (win7 64bit)

2. I tried using the standalone blackvue app in the SD card and tried setting the time. I did this by first selecting a different time zone, then revert it back to my time zone which is Los Angeles.

3. Third method was through the iphone app, again selecting a different city, restarting the camera, and change it back to Los Angeles and restart it once more.

The camera is 3 hours ahead. I've not had time to look at my other options with time zone settings west of Los Angeles.

Yes, was talking about the app to set the bv settings. I have been using latest installed pc version, and latest android version (android over WiFi generally).

Hi,

My DR500GW-HD has been having exactly the same problem with date and time here in Australia. Current firmware version is 1.008-500GW-E.
Each time I reformat the Micro SD using the SD Formatter software, upgrade the firmware, and so on, the time updates. However, I have to press the button on the unit to re-format again to get it displaying and recording file names with the correct time. Within 24 hours, the time usually falls behind again.

I work in the IT and software industry, and I'm very used to working on servers, networks and in data centres, and can assure you that I know how to configure the correct timezone etc. The device is doing something strange when determining its time. Sometimes, it's nine hours behind, sometimes 23 hours behind. Pittasoft/Blackvue, please get this fixed!

SDS said:
Hi,

My DR500GW-HD has been having exactly the same problem with date and time here in Australia. Current firmware version is 1.008-500GW-E.
Each time I reformat the Micro SD using the SD Formatter software, upgrade the firmware, and so on, the time updates. However, I have to press the button on the unit to re-format again to get it displaying and recording file names with the correct time. Within 24 hours, the time usually falls behind again.

I work in the IT and software industry, and I'm very used to working on servers, networks and in data centres, and can assure you that I know how to configure the correct timezone etc. The device is doing something strange when determining its time. Sometimes, it's nine hours behind, sometimes 23 hours behind. Pittasoft/Blackvue, please get this fixed!

You will have to shift to Queensland then as am not having any trouble with time It sounds like a battery problem more than anything.

Maybe just maybe there has been a bad batch of cameras as only a minority have this trouble.

Can u hook it to a permanent power supply for 12 hours or so. It runs on 12 volts

I don't know what or how, but after giving up on the time zone thing last night, the camera now displays the correct date and time. :roll:

The difference is that I had left the camera unplugged through the night. Normally, it's plugged in, but the power module is turned off.

venezian said:
I don't know what or how, but after giving up on the time zone thing last night, the camera now displays the correct date and time. :roll:

The difference is that I had left the camera unplugged through the night. Normally, it's plugged in, but the power module is turned off.
:shock: Congratulations. I have a 2nd power supply and have been leaving my camera powered up, parking mode off at night. GPS hooks up. The date on my camera is now 7-28. Started as 7-25 three days ago, my last upgrade install. The camera is powered down about 9 hours a day. I'm going to try what you did :lol: I'm willing to try it all. I think when you powered up the camera just obeyed the GPS. The camera does have a GPS battery. Perhaps being plugged in but powered down does not let some memory, etc discharge. Sound preposterous! I'm gonna try it.

My three cameras which are in two cars that are only used no more than once a week have no problems.

The 400 has been used like that for 2 years and has never lost the date.

The 500 which is 7 months old is in my car which only gets used about once a fortnight Has been upgraded from 1.002K to 1.005E then 1.007E and then to 1.008E without probs.

If any camera battery would go flat I would think this one would be a prime candidate as it is unpowered for long periods.

It is one of the early Korean ones as I bought it on 26 January a couple of weeks after they went on sale in Korea.

I bought it with a Power Magic for $279 so camera was about $235

just installed the lastest firmware of 1.008 English ,the time so far so good...

Back