Blackvue DR500GW-HD : New official firmware?

roni75020

Reaction score
Hi,

I just received this message from my reseller (google translated to English )

"
Dear Mr. ***

A few weeks ago you purchased a BlackVue DR500GW HD Car camera with us. Now we would like to inform you that a German manual for a few days and a new firmware has been released by the manufacturer.
This manual is provided in the Appendix. We hope that now may open questions can also be answered. The new firmware with improved video quality, we can send you gladly.
"

Hope it's true.

Regards
RS

roni75020 said:
Now we would like to inform you that a German manual for a few days and a new firmware has been released by the manufacturer.
This manual is provided in the Appendix. We hope that now may open questions can also be answered. The new firmware with improved video quality, we can send you gladly0

Could this be true?

If it is true, surely it is the result of my insisting e-mails to Pittasoft :lol:

Where can I try out this german firmware and manual? Since I am german, I would really like to see Pittasoft german skills ;)

Thomas

Hopefully someone who has it will upload it or post a link ot it for us

Thanks

blасkvue probably got the firmware 1.1.1rus :lol:

There has been persistent pressure for Pittasoft to release firmware update to address a number of fixtures and potential enhancements.
In saying that.. we haven't heard of any news yet :p

i got the same email from my amazon seller.
he just want a 5 star review.
i think he will just send you the FW from Mio.....

i dont give a forced review on amazon,f*** y** :)

take this firmware, send to mio for confirmation if it is his or not then leave a BAD review stating they RIP others firmware and take the credit.

Yes someone please try to acquire this so called "new firmware" from pittasoft. Like the person above said, its probably our custom firmware.

There is no English firmware for the DR500 available on the download section of the Blackvue site.

Even www.astrobile.com is offering an English/Russian version which I suspect is the hacked version

Last edited by a moderator:
roni75020 said:
Now we would like to inform you that a German manual for a few days and a new firmware has been released by the manufacturer

"german manual"? Sounds implausible! Germany is no good market for dashcams, have a look at the very few german amazon recensions for DR500. Why should Pittasoft invest in a german manual?

I haven't seen another car with dashcam except my own yet :roll:

Thomas

If you record sounds, we will do the German firmware
:D

Mio said:
If you record sounds, we will do the German firmware
:D

why not?

I know a young lady with a very pleasant sounding voice, she could say:

"BlackVue unterstützt sicheres Fahren" (= BlackVue for your safe driving)
"Die normale Aufnahme startet jetzt" (= starting normal recording)
"Die SD-Karte wird initialisiert" (= initalizing the sd card)

etc.

:lol:

Thomas, it is necessary to sound about 30 phrases
If you decide to to record, I will say what

Mio said:

Okay, Mio, I'll try to contact this young lady :?

But how to record the phrases? Is it acceptable to use my tablet pc with integrated microphone?

Send me the phrases (via personal message, if you want)!

Thomas

Mio said:

Mio, it has no sence to invest your time to work on German version now. Most of the people don't need the voices for camera, and i think germans know english very well. So instead of working on German version of FW, would be better to spend this time on ENG version to be ready soon,as having the ENG version can be used by anyone, GER version is just for few countries, and as it was mentioned, DR500GW is not much known camera in Germany.

Avenger1 said:
Mio said:
GER version is just for few countries, and as it was mentioned, DR500GW is not much known camera in Germany

Mio, maybe Avenger is right!

Very few people use dashcams here (because our policemen are not corrupt and german drivers are very disciplined most of the time :D ). One day, when you will have nothing else to do, you can create a german version. Right now everybody is looking forward to the new english version (which is hopefully easy to install, also for dummies like me) ;)

Thomas

Hi,

today i received a mail with the downloadlink for the new firmware from my camera seller. It is now the version 1.007E official from Pittasoft. But you cant find this version on the Pittasoft website. This should be a version specifically for the German market. It should be possible to reduce the compression of the recorded video to get a much better video quality. Therefor Pittasoft reduced the wifi range to get more free resources for the processor.

Has somebody already experiences with that version? In the moment i´m using the custom firmware from Mio and i´m really satisfied with it. A firmware upgrade is always a little bit risky and I´m a little bit afraid to try this new version when nobody heard about it and there is no material for comparision.

Attachments

• pittasoft.jpg
    pittasoft.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 177
I suggest you to forward that FW to MIO for analyzing. Maybe within that FW is something, what can completely change the MIOs concept of FW 1.1.1. and do a complete new FW based on 1.007 :)

We see her, ;)
but custom firmware have gone far ahead of the official :D

Back