Blackvue DR500GW-HD : New official firmware?

I have just installed this 1.007 only on my PC. There is a new version of Blackvue software, 2.033.
Because it looks like as a original FW, it's packed with default upgrade files and then cannot see differences.
Because we don't have any information from Pittasoft about it, or we don't have any rollback from this 1.007 back to 1.005, I didn't installed it into my camera.

Mio, when you will have time, please check also this FW. If there is something new in it, what is not included in your custom FW, for example Microphone Sound Improvement, or anything else, it would be good to know it.

Attachments

• Snap16.jpg
    Snap16.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 472
We have already checked. Changes have. Probably engaged in another programmer
It will take time to study and testing

Voyag3r said:
Hi,

today i received a mail with the downloadlink for the new firmware from my camera seller. It is now the version 1.007E official from Pittasoft. But you cant find this version on the Pittasoft website. This should be a version specifically for the German market. It should be possible to reduce the compression of the recorded video to get a much better video quality. Therefor Pittasoft reduced the wifi range to get more free resources for the processor.

Has somebody already experiences with that version? In the moment i´m using the custom firmware from Mio and i´m really satisfied with it. A firmware upgrade is always a little bit risky and I´m a little bit afraid to try this new version when nobody heard about it and there is no material for comparision.

Can you give the dowloadlink here for everyone to check?
Tks.

thomaspeter said:
Mio said:
Thomas, it is necessary to sound about 30 phrases
If you decide to to record, I will say what

Okay, Mio, I'll try to contact this young lady :?

But how to record the phrases? Is it acceptable to use my tablet pc with integrated microphone?

Send me the phrases (via personal message, if you want)!

Thomas

Also mir würde eine deutsche Version mit einer netten weiblichen Stimme schon gefallen... ;-)

I think, i would appreaciate a german version, a german manual (has anyone seen the above mentioned german manual in the meantime?) and gentle, german, female voices. :mrgreen:

Voyag3r said:
It is now the version 1.007E official from Pittasoft. But you can't find this version on the Pittasoft website. This should be a version specifically for the German market.

Hast Du da einen Download-Link für mich?
Gerne auch per PM. :)
Ein Link zum Downloaden der neueren Blackvue Software wäre auch toll, google findet nur die Vorgängerversion.
Oder vllt. kannst Du sie irgendwohin legen, wo man sie sich ziehen kann?

Can you post the download-link to that official german adapted version?
Via PM would also be ok.
A possibility to download that new version of Blackvue software, v2.033 would also be great. Google found only the older 2.032 version.

Voyag3r said:
Therefor Pittasoft reduced the wifi range to get more free resources for the processor.
You mean shorter than the 3 inches that is required for a semi-reliable connection in the current firmware? They're really stretching the concept of wireless.

A have a netbook sitting on the windshield and the connection is not working. It connects but FTP times out. There are times when I'm tempted to rip apart the whole camera and hardware an RJ45 so that I can force a reliable network to the <bleep> thing. Pulling out the SIM card constantly to extra videos is too annoying to be worth using the thing.

Dear all, take a look at my correspondence with Pittasoft:

Dear Alex (from Pittasoft),
several forum members are reporting, that Pittasoft has released a firmware upgrade for the DR500GW-HD, called 1.007E.
These guys posted the following link:
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/6CCG0ROMQHP
Is this official, and if so, why can't I find it on your website?
Shall I install the above mentioned firmware upgrade or shall I wait for your official customer notice?
I would appreciate your answer!
Yours

Dear Customer,
First of all thank you for contact us.
It must be unofficial firmware.
If we have new firmware, we are going to upload it on our website.
If you need further information, please contact us at as@pittasoft.com.
Sincerely,
Pittasoft support team.

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
thomaspeter said:
Dear all, take a look at my correspondence with Pittasoft:

Dear Alex (from Pittasoft),
several forum members are reporting, that Pittasoft has released a firmware upgrade for the DR500GW-HD, called 1.007E.
These guys posted the following link:
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/6CCG0ROMQHP
Is this official, and if so, why can't I find it on your website?
Shall I install the above mentioned firmware upgrade or shall I wait for your official customer notice?
I would appreciate your answer!
Yours

Dear Customer,
First of all thank you for contact us.
It must be unofficial firmware.
If we have new firmware, we are going to upload it on our website.
If you need further information, please contact us at as@pittasoft.com.
Sincerely,
Pittasoft support team.

Thomas

Well I contacted Pittasoft when I bought a Korean version camera. I emailed them asking if there was English firmware so I could change it.

The reply was that the firmware was encrypted and would NEVER be able to be changed.

We know the result of all that dont we

I am using the 2.033 viewer and the text etc in it is identical to the prev version.

There is NO firmware for a DR 500 on the Pittasoft site at all so someone is telling porkies I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
So ... the firmware from Voyag3r at share-online.biz is a fake?

who knows. may have a virus in it.

Guys there is no virus. Done well, thrown out all unnecessary.
completely reworked

But this is not an official firmware? Altough he told us it is original.

Therefor Pittasoft reduced the wifi range to get more free resources for the processor.
I don't understand why reducing the wifi range should led to less cpu consumption.

As I wrote in a previous post this version has been made ​​available to me by my seller. He told me that this version comes from Pittasoft .
I have not yet tested this version, because i'm happy with Mios version at the moment. I was told that with this version, the image quality can be improved at the cost of WiFi range. What has changed in detail, i can not say. I dont think there is a virus in it :? . My virus scanner has detected nothing.
The upload should be a help because this version can not be loaded on the official site. Maybe it is also helpful in the development of future custom versions :?: .

Voyag3r said:
I have not yet tested this version, because i'm happy with Mios version at the moment.
I installed this 1.007E over my 1.005E firmware. Tested it for two days. Now we have 4 settings for recording quality with highest settings at 10,000kbps. Current version of BlackVue Mac Viewer can't set those bitrates to SD card, but official BlackVue iOS App can do this. Also iOS App show firmware as 1.007.
I found what recording quality now is higher than with 1.005E (due to 10,000 kbps @ 1.007E vs 7,500 kbps @ 1.005E) so I think I can recommend this update.

Voyag3r, thank you for sharing this firmware with us!

dashuser said:
So ... the firmware from Voyag3r at share-online.biz is a fake?

Not necessarily as there is NO firmware in any language for a DR500 on the download section of Pittasoft's site.

It seems they just arent publishing it for some reason.

They seem to be letting approved sellers have it To wit this one and Soltech both have published two versions in English.

Hello everyone,

The discussed firmware is beta version, stable release will come later.

BlackVue said:
Hello everyone,

Well as you are observing on here perhaps you could put the 1.005 on your download section for those that want to use it.

There is no Firmware for the 500 on there at all nor was there for the 400II.

As you will notice someone is having trouble with a camera with poor focus as well. How should he fix that.

Lots of us have bought cameras from various sources and are quite happy with them but would like a bit more manufacturer support.

Obviously you have a group of authorized outlets but it seems that other suppliers can buy them wholesale and sell to us so why not support us as well.

You are after all gaining revenue from increased sales regardless of who on sells them.

BlackVue said:

Hi BlackVue,

nice to hear from you! Guys, please treat him fair (although I expect some critical comments in the next hours or days :p ).

And please, BlackVue, always tell the truth! Yesterday you wrote me: "It must be unofficial firmware", today you are speaking of a beta version...

Yours

Thomas

If Blackvue would match the features the custom firmware add's I'd gladly buy a DR500GW-HD. (support 64GB with the need to special format outside the camera, higher bitrate for maximum quality, auto exposure correction for smooth dark/light transitions, etc etc)

Back