BULLETHD BIKER PRO - Problems

Wifi only comes on after you press the button. (No auto wifi on option). This is pretty typical with any DashCam / actioncam that has wifi.

I suspect it's to keep wifi connection conflicts from occurring and it's less punishing in the hardware.
Got it! Thanks. So I'll mount the two units somewhere within reach...... Not in the trunk as originally planned.

After trying to locate a suitable spot on the GL1800 to install the cameras (2 of them). I have found locations front and back that are suitable and have fabricated the mounting brackets for them. Finding a location for the 2 main controllers has become an issue. With the wires attached to them, there is no way to put them in the small side compartments up front, which would be ideal due to the WiFi. However if they are mounted in those compartments, there's no way to access the SD cards. I found a suitable location on the side wall of the trunk, not ideal, but they fit and will have access to the cards, but the video cable is about 2 foot to short to reach the front of the bike. Do they make a longer cable? That's one option. The other option is to have one in the front right hand compartment, but laid in loosely as to be able to remove it to have access to the sd card, and put the rear one in the trunk which I won't have as much a need to control it as I do the front camera........... Time to ponder.....

200cm is the longest cable. There used to be a 300cm option in the works but it was discontinued before it was mass produced (since it ended up being too long in testing). There is no send receive error correction chips that would allow for a longer cable so 200cm is max length with this particular solution.

Thanks for the quick reply

So location is my only option, however...... In laying it out not installed, just laying the cords out if I put it in the right front compartment the power cord is to short to reach a suitable location to mount the power supply........

You can extend the miniUSB power cable that's no problem. The video cable is the only one limited to 200cm. I'm not sure there is an official factory option but I'm confident any standard miniUSB or USB extension cable will work.

That's good to know, thanks. I may have found my solution...... I'll lay them both out and see before I start drilling holes.....

OK..... Got both cameras installed, no video on either card.

Heres what they do.

Front camera comes on, beeps every few seconds, both power and Wifi lights are red, switching to Blue (purple), then back to red, continues to beep even after key is turned off. Disconnected power, still beeps.......

Rear camera comes on as above, Beeps a couple of times with red lights on power and Wifi, then beep stops, lights turn to Blue. When key turned off, unit shuts down. No Video recorded on card.

Both SD cards did have the Biker Pro files written to them.

Where to start?

Rule out you have a bad power supply. Plug in each main unit USB power cord into a USB wall outlet adapter. (such as those that are used with your iPhone/iPad/Android phone)
I had this happen to another customer and a new power supply fixed the issue.

Also be sure you aren't using Sandisk cards. If you are using any card larger than 32GB they need to be formated FAT32 as well.

I only used 1 power supply, if I need to, I can install the other to see if that changes anything.

I didn't format the cards. Will do that now.

In win 8.1, under properties for each card it says the file system is Fat32

If you have a 32Gb size card it will already be FAT32

Open the settings.txt file on the card and change the default line from 0 to 1. Save file reinsert into main unit and see if that resets anything. Also need to rule out the power supply being potentially underpowered.

I plugged the front one into a wall set up and same result, just beeps. Of course, with no power source it just beeps, won't shut off at all

If it's not shutting down ever/at all even after removing power you'll need to wait for the internal battery to completely drain and all lights need to be off before trying again.

Yea, it won't do anything, I have it completely out of the bike, can't manually shut it off. How long does the battery last?

Might take up to an hour with no real activity going on. I'm not aware of a way to reset it faster. I'm going to ask the developer if this stuck condition can/will be addressed in the next firmware update.

The back one, seems to be functioning fine, I'm trying to connect via Bluetooth on my iPhone and it's not seeing it

Back