Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

Wow that update sounds deep, can't wait until all that shakes out properly and we see where it can take us.

-Mode Video = 2 adds the following features:--- Mode selection AWB: custom or standard media server--- Custom color adjustment AWB ("warmer" / "colder")--- Adjust the brightness in day mode--- Adjust the brightness in night mode--- Speed ​​control exposure- In Video 1 and Video = Video = 2 possibilities of the hardware flip the image

- Implemented the ability to disable the LED GPS and Wi-FI in normal operation mode, the registrar and parking

Hi Mio,

Wow! Looking forward to 1.1 ! I like the above feature! Guys, let contribute a bit fund to MIO.

Mio, I will like to do donate fund to u. I will email you again.

just thought, be funny if during the upgrade process something goes wrong it could be made to say "You have bricked the blackvue" and repeat over and over. if I heard that, I would be spewing.

Would be nice to totally disable the damned G sensor if I am honest, the state of the roads in the UK means it is constantly going off despite being on the minimum sensitivity settings..........tbh the software setting is flawed in any case being scaled to 1g, should have been 2g IMHO.

Marcus said:
Would be nice to totally disable the damned G sensor if I am honest, the state of the roads in the UK means it is constantly going off despite being on the minimum sensitivity settings..........tbh the software setting is flawed in any case being scaled to 1g, should have been 2g IMHO.

Just turn the audible indicator off and you wont notice it Have had mine off ever since the first day I used one Still works just cant hear it

should have been 2g
in a custom firmware is made ​​8g ;)
In Ukraine, the road is much worse. :lol:

Guys, anyone encounter same problem as me? I try to adjust the bitrate to 15k. But when i on my DVR, it auto shut down. When i adjust back to 12k. It works!
So strange !

Dscheng said:
Guys, anyone encounter same problem as me? I try to adjust the bitrate to 15k. But when i on my DVR, it auto shut down. When i adjust back to 12k. It works!
So strange !
yeah it has that in this post somewhere, some haven't got enough memory or something and don't like it.

Dscheng, you have a problem with the memory card
it is not enough speed to record

Mio said:
Dscheng, you have a problem with the memory card
it is not enough speed to record
oh.. I using 64GB class 10 card. Maybe i should reformat the card. Then change the bitrate to 15k? I will try again later.

I cant wait until V1.1 comes out. all these custom firmwares make this backvue worth having, without it I wouldn't own one.

wozzzzza said:
I cant wait until V1.1 comes out. all these custom firmwares make this backvue worth having, without it I wouldn't own one.

Same here, thanks to Mio the DR500 is starting to work as how Blackvue should of done the firmware, three cheers to Mio for all his help he's been giving us

mollydog said:
Same here, thanks to Mio the DR500 is starting to work as how Blackvue should of done the firmware, three cheers to Mio for all his help he's been giving us

Hi everyone!

I also appreciate Mio's work, compliments!!!

It really seems, that Pittasoft has lost sense of reality. At the moment they are listing numerous "independent reviews" on their website.

I did the job and read them all over while letting my PC search for tags as "pixel", "pixelation" and "macroblocking". This is the only one result I found (out of 11 previews!):

"The only negative is that some edge video can have slight pixilation, very minimal however"

Have you found "Dashcamtalk" on Pittasoft's list? Nor did I :roll:

Thomas

Attachments

• pittasoft.png
    pittasoft.png
    321.8 KB · Views: 199

Dscheng said:
oh.. I using 64GB class 10 card. Maybe i should reformat the card. Then change the bitrate to 15k? I will try again later.
Try to use GUI version of fat32format. Keep default settings for Allocation unit size (32768 bytes).

So looking forward to the 1.1 come out. Really need to thank Mio for the extra work on the english version firmware. :)

I got 2 video uploaded, you can see the difference at night recording between lots street lights and less street lights

Last edited by a moderator:

McDurbin said:
I installed the custom firmware from Mio and was reviewing the video I recorded today. It looked nothing like the samples so I went to the properties of one of the videos and was only getting 5000kb for the bitrate. I've attached a screenshot of the avserver file. I didn't alter any settings, I just moved the custom firmware folder over and let it update.

How can I fix this?

Anyone? I may just return this camera since the audio recording sucks and I can't seem to get the video to an acceptable quality. For $300 I was expecting alot better quality. The video takes long to buffer if you don't have high compression on.

Attachments

• blackvue1.png
    blackvue1.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 128

McDurbin said:
McDurbin said:
I installed the custom firmware from Mio and was reviewing the video I recorded today. It looked nothing like the samples so I went to the properties of one of the videos and was only getting 5000kb for the bitrate. I've attached a screenshot of the avserver file. I didn't alter any settings, I just moved the custom firmware folder over and let it update.

How can I fix this?

Anyone? I may just return this camera since the audio recording sucks and I can't seem to get the video to an acceptable quality. For $300 I was expecting alot better quality. The video takes long to buffer if you don't have high compression on.

Can you upload an sample video? Mine record audio ok, me and my friends conversation recordrd clearly and i can hear what song i was playing.

BTW, are you still cant adjust the bitrate, still running 5000?

M-Element said:
McDurbin said:
McDurbin said:

How can I fix this?

Can you upload an sample video? Mine record audio ok, me and my friends conversation recordrd clearly and i can hear what song i was playing.

BTW, are you still cant adjust the bitrate, still running 5000?
Well if I turn the compression off it goes to 7500. I pm'd Mio and he didn't know why it wasn't working. Here is a sample,
It doesn't handle bass or wind from an open window well at all.

But like I said with compression off it takes longer to buffer. I can't imagine how long it'd take if I got the bitrate up to 12000.

McDurbin, you did put the avserver file on SD card root, right?
i tried, if i only put the blackvue folder ( no avserver file ) on SD root, it still work, but only record 7500 bitrate

Back