Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

ianm said:
Things are now going from bad to worse :shock: I am now getting a message that sounds like (upgrade appears to be finished) and it just keeps on repeating :idea: I have formatted the card again and inserted it blank and just get the same message :evil:

try copy folder BlackVue from Mio, go to System folder then delete upgrade folder and then put it back to camera and see what happen??

I now think that the gps is down on the unit as I have now got 1.007 on and still have no gps and the time is wrong, my other dr500 is fine, it is also running 1.007, I am a bit hesitant to put the custom firmware on that one now.

Hillbilly, thanks for the link to Viewer ver 2.033. I've upgraded to that but the footage is still jerky unless I drop Viewer speed down to 0.7 again. Guess my laptop or the software just doesn't like the high bitrate. It's something I can live with though so it's nothing to worry about. Thanks for trying to help. :D

Anyone know how to reset the time? It keeps showing as the year 1970. I format and put the right citytime file and timezone in config. GPS is on.

cisf0rcalvin, If you have a 1970, you will likely not work battery on the main board. If you do reboot from a web server, you might be the right time.

Endlezz said:
Mio, could you please send me the updated firmware as well? I sent you a private message with my e-mail address. Thanks in advance!
again please, I do not see your PM

Mio said:
cisf0rcalvin, If you have a 1970, you will likely not work battery on the main board. If you do reboot from a web server, you might be the right time.

Hi ok, how do you reboot the web server?

reboot dash cam to web-server.

if gps works, it catches the correct time, but the record is not a right. Because the battery does not work, he does not remember the time.
If you overload the a web server, it will be on and maybe take correct time

How do you reboot to the web server? Or how to overload? It remembers the time from before if I shut down overnight.

cisf0rcalvin, No, he does not remember a time when you turn off
problem battery
In some no contact
in some low voltage and the other
0_ae93f_451d9edd_XXXL.jpg

Should I replace the battery?

The update doesn't work for me. The first time I tried to install the 1.1.1aE firmware, I got all of the messages from my Blackvue telling me that it was updating, but nothing changed after the update, except that the time was wrong. My bitrate was and is still 7500kbps. Since then, every time I try to update my firmware, my Blackvue gives me the message "initializing the SD card". It won't update anymore. Not good.

I thought mine was going to spit the dummy first up when the first message it gave during upgrade to 1.1.1a was "cannot find the boot loader" then all the other updates were successful then it all worked so I thought it all went all ok as seems to work ok.
but what I would like to know is how to know its temperature??

To see the temp open a web page to 192.168.8.1, other options there as well...

I checked the temp periodically during a 2 1/2 hour drive, 67 was the hottest I saw... also I run with the wifi off, would just turn it on the check the temps...

mjgood said:
To see the temp open a web page to 192.168.8.1, other options there as well...
you need some android phone for this do we?? I don't have an internet capable phone, is there another way?? laptop work? what other options are there on the page??

djrams80 said:
The update doesn't work for me. The first time I tried to install the 1.1.1aE firmware, I got all of the messages from my Blackvue telling me that it was updating, but nothing changed after the update, except that the time was wrong. My bitrate was and is still 7500kbps. Since then, every time I try to update my firmware, my Blackvue gives me the message "initializing the SD card". It won't update anymore. Not good.

Format the SD card using the SDFormatter program sometimes helps then copy the folder onto it

Laptop works as well, just connect to the Blackvue wifi...

I don't remember all of them... you can restart the device, also view live video..

Well, I it looked like the update finally worked, but now the camera doesn't work at all. It says initializing the SD card, then the green record light comes on and that's it. The camera just gets stuck right there. When I take the SD card out, it has all the normal initialization folders on it, but no recordings. This sucks.

djrams80 said:
Well, I it looked like the update finally worked, but now the camera doesn't work at all. It says initializing the SD card, then the green record light comes on and that's it. The camera just gets stuck right there. When I take the SD card out, it has all the normal initialization folders on it, but no recordings. This sucks.

Did you try reverting the recorder back to the older version Firmware by reinstalling 1.005E?

you can also try to upgrade to ofw 1.007E

Then go back to 1.005E

Then re-install the 1.1.1aE

This is what I did. But when downgrading, I had always to install the firmware 2 times (with the whole procedure necessary by using the pittasoft tool, but no format, just delete SD-Card), as the 1st time it always fails and a repeated foreign language looping voice comes telling something...

Does anybody know how to make the root filesystem RW and how to set the cam as a wlan client?

Back