Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

what video mode?
This only works video0

I did not change this settings.
Code:
Video=2
In manual there is not written that I need to set it to 0.

I think
Code:
Volume=95%
is not working.
Could anyone please check this?
It take the setting from normal config.ini with the same name.

dashuser said:
Code:
Video=2
Did you safe your configuration (using _SAVECFG_) before entering to the FAST mode?

dashuser said:
What do you mean, could you clarify please?
A proper setting is
Code:
VOLUME=95
, without the % symbol.

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

sure hope you guys will be paying him a good amount for all his hard work you are going to learn from.[/quote]

I hope so too, I was going to dump this DR500 as the image quality just wasn't up yo it for the price Blackvue were asking for it, I got hold of a $60 cheap DVR that produced images just as good as this DR500 for much less money, Blackvue should be paying Mio for all his R & D he's been doing for Blackvue

No, I didn't safe the configuration with _SAVECFG_
Why should I do this? From where did you know?

I suggested that the % is wrong.
But it is part of the original file! Please open your rar archive and have a look at config-custom.ini.
You will see the % there.
Maybe they know about it and has to be there. Maybe not ... :?:

config-custom.ini
volume76cfcd17png.png

config.ini
volumeedb76a79png.png

//
I removed the % from config-custom.ini and started the camera. Its still loading the setting from config.ini

Why are there 2 "Volume" settings? Are they the same? One is in config.ini and one in config-custom.ini

Sorry guys, I am a newbie on this.

May I know what should I do with the files Mio emailed to me?

I am abit lost.

dashuser said:
Code:
Video=2
I think
Code:
Volume=95%
is not working.
Could anyone please check this?

Yes, really we didn't correct documentation. All settings, except settings of video are ignored, and everything, as for video - works. And that is why. The matter is that English-language firmware versions jumped at once with custom-1.005 on custom-1.1.1a, and Russian-language (intermediate) versions was at least two more: 1.1.0 and 1.1.1. In 1.1.0 FAST mode really sharply I accelerated loading time, but starting with version 1.1.1 all procedures were copied and optimized so special need for the FAST mode disappeared and practically nobody uses it. Documentation, unfortunately I didn't correct.

dashuser I do not understand what you want
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=669&start=760#p17967

_SAVECFG_ - saves all of your settings.
When formatting flashcards, all these settings will be loaded on flashcards

Last edited by a moderator:

dashuser said:
I suggested that the % is wrong.

the "%" sign in the configuration file is established correctly! It isn't necessary to confuse the configuration config.ini and custom-config.ini files

dashuser ok, I see

RAGY just click on Mio name on the left from any of his post to see his profile, and use the PM:Send private message link to send a request for a custom firmware.

I got the firmware, but i got no idea what should i do with it. Sorry abit noob here...

Bootup time with custom firmware is exactly 37 seconds.
What I mean:
Power on -> 37 secs later -> video beginns

Tested with a timer im front of the camera and startet both at the same time.

dashuser said:
Why are there 2 "Volume" settings? Are they the same? One is in config.ini and one in config-custom.ini

Business is so. In official firmware from the moment of inclusion of a food and until start of dashcam the minimum of diagnostic messages, including at the time of software updating is played. Thus the loudness of these messages is fixed and the VOLUME parameter from the config.ini file you can already regulate loudness when actually dashcam already works.

In castes of firmware the set of additional diagnostic reports, for example, at the time of the firmware updating is provided. Due to the ey the decision to regulate the loudness of these messages independently (in the config-custom.ini file) from what are lost by the supervisor of the dashcam was made.

So do I format my SD card, unzip the file, copy and paste the blackvue folder into the SD card then boot it to my Blackvue?

RAGY said:
So do I format my SD card, unzip the file, copy and paste the blackvue folder into the SD card then boot it to my Blackvue?

yes

So for English version, do i need to remove docRU folder?

RAGY said:
So for English version, do i need to remove docRU folder?

All the same. Existence or absence of documentation on anything doesn't influence. :)

Help !!!

I faced this issue of occasional "hang" at after the initial power-up "chime" sound with just the blue GPS LED on. It does not reach the state where the voice says "blackvue is ready........" and orange led starts blinking and I need to do a reset.

It happens maybe once every 4 times I start the car.

Anyone knows what could be wrong? (Formated SD card, same..)

Mio: Is there any ssh or telnet that I can login to BV to see where it hang?

Thank everyone.

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

BlackVue said:
jokiin said:
will be interested to know how you go with heat, I don't know if correct or not but there was a lot of speculation about Pittasoft lowering the bitrate to avoid heat related issues they had in earlier models, it may have helped with heat but quality has taken a hit as a result, the higher bitrate certainly helps with detail, I know in my own cam when I run it a 15mbps the picture is much more detailed

We decrease bitrate to record more video on the SD card. Higher bitrate doesn't cause overheating.
Welcome to the forum, Blackvue, and thanks for your participation!
Getting my DR-500 hardwired tomorrow so haven't' installed it yet, Mio.

I think everyone should send Mio and his team a little contribution on PayPal for their hard work! :idea:

Hillbilly said:
dashuser said:
Does someone know why the camera is getting so warm/hot? Is it the cpu? Or maybe the voltage converter from 12-24v to Xv?

My old camera (rollei 110) was also a bit warm but a much less then the 500 does.

The camera runs on 12 volt and does get warm but not so hot you cant touch it. Generally anything over about 60C feels too hot to touch but in the scheme of things isnt that hot really.

I had two cameras before and they were not that warm/hot.

I know that 60°C are not extremely much. But for example a modern cpu from intel (core i5) has an specification of 72,6°C.
And the gab between 60 and 72 isnt that big.

I only what to know what part of the camera is causing the heat. My Samsung S3 has a quite good cpu and never gets so warm. Tough it has no ventilations holes.

//
Here are my suggestions for pittasoft about the dr500:

- the ring around the lens should be black (attracting attention is unwanted)
- the wide angle is too wide. thats too just to much. One quarter of the image is my dashboard and another quarter is the above sky.
- try to make the camera more efficient without producing so much heat (my two old cams (Aiptek X3, Rollei 110) were much cooler), the dr400 has a bad reputation because these problems.
- higher the bitrate! (a lot of people are complaining about the poor video quality, see amazon comments and other reviews at youtube and so on; there IS a reason why someone is making his own firmware) Try to learn from that.
- support sd-cards with higher capacity (in 2013 there should be no 32gb limit)
- license plates are hard to read (because the extrem wide angle?)

I can not understand why you set the bitrate to only 7,5 kbits. You know what people see:
They see that the video quality is very poor and will never buy a blackvue camera again. (Also they do not recommend your products and write negative reviews.)

Pittasoft can benefit from the users suggestions. Because they are the users (and they also buy your products).

Back