Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

airbender you do not work avserver.
perhaps damaged when saved

horsepower said:
You put the hacked firmware on it, and you are now returning it? Please let me know how that goes!

I am sure they won't mind it and they can flash the original firmware. They put a trojan in the SD card when they shipped it and I didn't mind it. :cool:

Thanks MIO for your help. :)

@MiO,

what does the syncguid.dat file or what does it stand for :?:

not understand the question ?!

Mio said:
not understand the question ?!

What does that file do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yes, want to know why the file is there and what it does :!:

Where is this file?
I do not understand?

in root directory.
if you want i can send it via PM

it´s just a number inside.

I've been out of the country. I bricked my 500, sent it back and bought a new one. I now have the USB to serial interface and cable in case I brick this new one playing with it.

I got hold of the DR500GW last month and Mio kindly sent me the DR500GW custom -1,003_aE.zip file. Does anyone know how to incorporate the file(s) for this custom firmware? I tried but I don't know what or how I have do to get it to work, I'm also using an Apple Mac, any help would be very much welcome

many thanks

Malcontent, my congratulations ;)

Apple Maс has no zip archiver :(

Mio said:
Malcontent, my congratulations ;)

Apple Maс has no zip archiver :(

Oxford dictionary for “Malcontent” say it is

< noun
a person who is dissatisfied and rebellious.
adjective
dissatisfied and complaining or making trouble.>

you will have to let me know where in my post, I say I am dissatisfied or where I give the Impression I am rebellious?

I mention I got the Blackvue DR500GW the other month and then I THANK YOU for sending me the file, as I do not know how to use this/these files I ask for help, me asking for help is now a sign of one who is not grateful and a trouble maker, so what would you suggest I do if I don’t know the answer? If you remembered I sent you a friendly request for help last week but I heard nothing so asked for help here

I'm sorry you think that of me, we all had to start somewhere

and I'm a friendly guy who is only to happy to be of help to anyone

If its of any help, the Mac can and did un-zip the file, there are software for the Mac that can do this

regards

mollydog, I was referring to this man memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=686 ;)

Sorry me. But I do not understand what kind of assistance is required

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Mio, I am very very sorry as i thought it was meant for me and I was only asking for help :)

I have un-ziped the file and don't know how to use them. on the Mac I can use TextEdit in place of Notepad++ so if I have to alter something I can, I just don't know what to change or how to

or do I just copy everything to the SD micro card?

many thanks for any help

regards :)

As far as I understand, you have to copy all to SD card and the device does all the rest by itself. Patiente needed, device reboots couple of times. Editing the existing files is only for case you want to tweak some parmeters. By default it goes with something 12 mbit bitrate and if it`s ok for you, no tweaking needed.
Of course, Mio knows better, I don`t have myself the mentioned firmware.

linni said:
As far as I understand, you have to copy all to SD card and the device does all the rest by itself. Patiente needed, device reboots couple of times. Editing the existing files is only for case you want to tweak some parmeters. By default it goes with something 12 mbit bitrate and if it`s ok for you, no tweaking needed.
Of course, Mio knows better, I don`t have myself the mentioned firmware.

many thanks for this, I'll do it right away :) its the higher 12 mbit bitrate I'm after, to get the better quality

thank you :)

regards

Hi, I have short question to the CAM: how to copy the videos from the camera to Android smartphone using WiFi ? ( Ive got the app, just cant figure out how to download the files over WiFi ). Thanks a lot for the help

Acho said:
Hi, I have short question to the CAM: how to copy the videos from the camera to Android smartphone using WiFi ? ( Ive got the app, just cant figure out how to download the files over WiFi ). Thanks a lot for the help

Press and hold the selected file and options will pop up.

I tryied this, it only shows a pop up menu "FILE MANAGEMENT" and there is only one option - big button "CANCEL" :(

Back