Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

There is a MAC version,,,,, but that maybe dont mean phone support ???? i am not familiar with the products of that brand.

Guys, I cannot seem to be able to export any video segment in 3.6.8 (Plus): "Movie duration: -1 seconds" --> "Duration must be shorter than -1.1 seconds".

Any clue?

With 3.6.7 there was no issue, same camera - A119s (in fact same videos).

Thanks!

@Tyby, I see that you are from Romania. If clearing the cache doesn't work, try this (from the FAQ)

If the your video durations shown in the Videos-Trips-Geotags window have a duration of “-0:01”, this indicates that the video files couldn’t be found by ffmpeg, which is used to extract meta data about the videos.

One reason is that you have a unicode character in your file path to your videos. Try moving the video to a directory whose path doesn’t include any unicode characters. Usually, drag/dropping the videos directly from the SD card onto Dashcam Viewer works.

-John

Dashcam Viewer v3.7.0 Released​

Dashcam Viewer v3.7.0 has been released for both Mac and Windows with the following new improvements:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for iTracker MINI 0906 TS format.
  • Added support for MINI 0906 TS format
  • Added support for NextBase 522GW by working around extraneous data point issue.
  • Reported compatible with GARMIN nuviCam LMTHD
New Features:
  • Added ability to "Clean Up" all sub-windows. Selecting Clean Up from the Windows menu will gather the Dashboard, Graph, Map, and Control Center window around the Main Window. You can control how the sub-windows are positioned by placing the Control Center and Dashboard windows in the approximate desired position before selecting Clean Up.
  • The "hard reset" procedure will now clear the GPS data cache in addition to resetting all the settings. As described in the Users Manual, a hard reset can be performed as follows:
    • Quit Dashcam Viewer
    • Hold down the Shift key
    • Start Dashcam Viewer
    • You will see a dialog box come up asking if you’d like to Reset All Settings. Click “Yes”.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug in which Show Fullscreen mode would not work correctly.
Dashcam-Viewer-CleanUp-Windows.jpg

Dashcam Viewer Plus and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com).

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Looks good, that auto tile will be very useful, thanks

Edit :

Oh, doesn't work for my choice of windows :(

3z3jaq4.jpg

Last edited:
@Kremmen the problem is that there is not enough room left on your screen for Clean Up to insert the Dashboard and Graph windows. If you just shrink the vertical size of your main window by about 200 pixels then there will be enough room to complete the Clean Up. ;)

OK, thanks.

With my dashcam resolution I find the 'missing' window takes up too much screen estate and the info on that window I don't need.

Dashcam Viewer v3.7.0 Released
I used the built in update check to downloaded v3.7.0 for macOS 11.6. After unpacking the DMG and overwriting the existing application package folder, I encountered this message when trying to open it.

“Dashcam Viewer.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

I subsequently deleted the installed application folder, then attempted again to unpack and place the application back into the Applications folder, but once more encountered the same failure and message.

Black Friday Sale!

Dashcam Viewer PRO for Mac and Windows is 20% off using coupon code BLACK21. The coupon code works on upgrades as well. Sale ends on Sunday. Thanks for your support!

John

Hi,
would be great to add live map in PIP export mode.
For exemple Rear view in top left and live map on top right.

Best regards.

Thank you for the suggestion. I would love to do that, but currently only video files can be combined and exported (not ancillary windows). A future modification would be to support capturing a portion of the user's screen that includes the PIP and Map. I can add this to my ToDo list, but there are dedicated tools that already do this kind of thing (like SnagIt for example).

I am not a fan of PIP in this situation, but on the home CCTV i do have several cameras going in one picture.
It is also rare i have used PIP in my youtube uploads of traffic, or comparing 2 dash cameras, cuz comparing you still need the 2 pictures to be the same time, so i grab the middle 50% of each and then put them on top of each other to form out 1 video.
Though i guess you could argue it is PIP just both pictures are the same size, i am more inclined to call the traditional Picture in picture ( one big picture + a small one on top of that somewhere ) for picture on picture, but thats probably a grammar error on my Danish part.
To my strangely operating brain picture in picture mean that if you remove the little picture there would be nothing behind it, where as picture on picture, if you remove the little one the parts of the bigger one would still be there behind it.
Also not a fan of the map being in the footage, not in videos, or just reviewing footage on the computer, hence why i do not use dedicated dashcam player software's in general.

I would use that if i got some mystery footage and i would need to know where it is filmed, but there are no mystery to my own footage.

For some select kinds of action footage i do some times like overlaid metrics on the footage, like you see some people do with action camera footage, but it still have to be moderate, for instance i would not like to watch someones 20 minutes long descent of a mountain on a MTB to display every little twist and turn the whole way down.

Thank you for the suggestion. I would love to do that, but currently only video files can be combined and exported (not ancillary windows). A future modification would be to support capturing a portion of the user's screen that includes the PIP and Map. I can add this to my ToDo list, but there are dedicated tools that already do this kind of thing (like SnagIt for example).
How on earth i didn't have the idea to record the pc screen to achieve that...
Thanks for the tip.

hehe that would be a quick fix for sure, i know on my AMD GFX card it is easy to start screen recorder, and so just record while your PC play the session on the dashcam player software.
And it is in the AMD software so dont even need a 3 part software to do it, i assume it would be the same if you have a Nvidia GFX card.

I just have to press ALT + O to start / stop screen recording ( i have changed the default button to O as thats the first letter in the Danish word for record ( Optag )

I just found out that in the AMD radeon software there even is a editing feature for the screen recordings / any recording i assume :)
I wanted to take a picture of the settings but forgot it is in Danish so you probably not get much out of that.

Last edited:

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.0 Released

Dashcam Viewer v3.8.0 was released today for both Mac and Windows with the following new improvements:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for YEECORE D21 dashcam.
New Features:
  • [macOS] Dashcam Viewer is now available in both native Intel and Apple Silicon (e.g., M1) builds. Due to the ginormous size of Dashcam Viewer, a combined universal binary version is not practical. Instead, simply download the appropriate version for the Mac’s CPU architecture. This is our first Apple Silicon version so please PM me with any odd behavior (beyond the normal odd behavior). And remember you can always run the Intel version on an M1 Mac (it emulated but still very fast).
dcv_3.8.0_arm64.png

Going native on MacBook Air M1

dcv_bigSur_warning_override.png

The first time you run Dashcam Viewer on macOS, you may get a warning that Apple cannot check it for malicious software. To get around this, right-click on the Dashcam Viewer icon and select Open from the pop-up menu. Then you'll see the warning dialog again but this time there will be an Open button you can select.
  • [Windows] Dashcam Viewer will now encode the GPS latitude/longitude coordinates of the vehicle into the EXIF section of the JPG image file when the Export JPG toolbar button is clicked. EXIF encoding of GPS latitude/longitude is available in both Plus and PRO versions of Dashcam Viewer.

dcv_jpg_export.jpg

JPG frame export showing location of vehicle in EXIF block
Dashcam Viewer Plus and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com).

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

John,

Ever since BlackVue introduced all the new different event file types, synchronization between front and rear video channels in the viewer has been messed up.

Is this something you're aware of yet?

Can send some vids if you need them.

Back