DR500 GPS not found

my camera has just gone back for repair. will most likely be on ebay shortly when i find a replacement for it.

The GPS on mine hasn't worked since Day One - which is why it's going back to the vendor for a refund. :(

we have found a solution problems gps.
need to do reset GPS module. Unsolder the the battery for a short time
0_b83a1_f53464ba_-1-XL.jpg

ah crap, wish someone told me this before I sent it back last week. but oh well, hopefully I will get it back working.
thanks for the info though for next time it happens.

Mio said:
0_b83a1_f53464ba_-1-XL.jpg
Wow. My gps chip is not burnt. Strangely I remove my cam n I accident drop my cam. I fix back and the gps is working !! Haha. Maybe I lucky.

Mio said:

Thank u very much. My gps didn't work since overheat when parking mode. Then I unplug the wire to GPS module like yours, now it work again. :mrgreen:

minaaom said:
Mio said:

Thank u very much. My gps didn't work since overheat when parking mode. Then I unplug the wire to GPS module like yours, now it work again. :mrgreen:
Hi minnaom,

How you unplug the wire? I never see any wire from the picture. Or you unsolder it? If possible, please share with some picture how you unplug the wire?

Dscheng said:
How you unplug the wire? I never see any wire from the picture. Or you unsolder it? If possible, please share with some picture how you unplug the wire?

mOQGewmlqz6qOn44L5z51GeY-QuiOo_NsSzTYdgv884

kLe4RPBeyhDb_Gk4q0sjGIQh4saYo6z1j6fP06eTy5M

I cannot detach the battery because it fixed with glue, so I just unplug as in Picture and it work.

minaaom said:
Dscheng said:

mOQGewmlqz6qOn44L5z51GeY-QuiOo_NsSzTYdgv884

kLe4RPBeyhDb_Gk4q0sjGIQh4saYo6z1j6fP06eTy5M

I cannot detach the battery because it fixed with glue, so I just unplug as in Picture and it work.
Hi, i cant see your picture.

yeah we cant see them pictures.
but my 500g is on the way back to me fixed I hope. should have it next week.

Finally my GPS signal is ok. I am not sure what happen too. It actually lost signal for a month. When i suddenly fix back the camera, it detected the signal. Hopefully, it will stay on forever haha. *Cross my finger*

Welcome back GPS !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost my gps signal. Contacted pittasoft and they basically told me im out of luck. I will not be buying another bv500. Took bv500 apart. De soldered the battery for a while.. soddered back on and still does not work. Bought a lk7900ace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, I don't know why others cannot see picture in my public photo dropbox. Try again !!

20130513122521.png

20130513122648.png

Another GPS failure victim. Mine fell off the glass about 3 feet to the center console area of the car.

I wish I could figure out how to open the casing to check the plug, as it's not clear to me how to do that from any of the discussions or pictures. :(

brianman said:
Another GPS failure victim. Mine fell off the glass about 3 feet to the center console area of the car.

I wish I could figure out how to open the casing to check the plug, as it's not clear to me how to do that from any of the discussions or pictures. :(

Have you seen this here? ;)

There is a disassembly section.

Regards

brianman said:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Look at the end where the power pkugs in. There is a small notch on the side. Take a small flat head screw driver and push this down/inward. The round cap comes off. Its tight so be careful. Next the 2 sides come together at the seams. There are 8 clips in total work your way from the cap to the wifi area with the same small flat head seperating the 2 halves. The portion without the lense has to slide upwards and towards the power output area. Good luck.

just got my dr500gw back today after warranty, they sent me a brand new camera, wonder if its English or not, will find out later when I get it going.

So my DR500 lost GPS recently too. I bought mine from dreamseller on ebay, no warranty :(

I disassembled the camera, and after removing the GPS chip i found that removing the small watch battery from the GPS board, and leaving it off also brings the GPS back to life. the GPS may be a little longer to get a location at power up without the small battery, but i leave my camera on all the time with a powermagic, so not an issue for me. It's really small so soldering off/on was not do-able for me. just remove the battery by flexing it back and forth a few times, and toss it. Worked for me! :D

camMO said:
So my DR500 lost GPS recently too. I bought mine from dreamseller on ebay, no warranty :(
that's where I got mine from as well, he's about the only seller on there who provides warranty and also the best price.

Back