Gitup git2 Videos

A video review / installation guide of a "wireless" car alarm system which i have filmed with the Git2 (90° lens) and use the FNCam app on my phone to monitor camera view so i could get the right framing of the image.

i gave the gyro a serious workout last weekend on my quadcopter on a windy day. no case, no rubber dampers, not even a lens filter. just zip-tied the cam directly to the carbon fiber frame of my little 250 racer quad. feel free to laugh at my lack of flying skills - this was the third time i'd ever tried to fly FPV - using the camera in the quad (not the git2, even though it's capable of that) to transmit a live feed to a screen on my controller, so i could see what the quad sees. it takes some real getting used to! i think the camera did great - no jello effect, only a slight buzzing from the body of the cam rattling against the frame during some high throttle maneuvers, and it handled the high motion (during the flip) really well. still on firmware 1.3 because i've been so busy - i was lucky to remember to charge the git2 battery and stick a memory card in it before i left! too bad i couldn't have landed on the carrying case at the end - that's what i was trying to do - a tall order, especially considering the case is barely bigger than the quad itself, AND it was quite windy!

My test with Beta Firmware 1.5
Resolution: 1080P 60fps
Color: Colorfull
Contrast: High
Metering: Centre
WDR: OFF
Gyro: OFF

Tested it for the first time in low light at my weekly night ride. I can say it does a decent job considering the huge amount of vertical movement it had to endure sometimes.
Firmware 1.5b
1080p@30
ISO: Auto
Color: Normal
Contrast: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Metering: Center
Gyro: ON
WDR: ON
Bitrate: Medium

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/445451/

Good proof a bicycle can not have too much light on it, but tell that to the ppl here riding at night with 2 flashing LEDs and thats it.

I keep seeing posts saying that the gyro doesn't work at night, I'll bookmark that video for next time I see one!

Yes, you can get some blurring from the camera shake, but the gyro still works very well!

I keep seeing posts saying that the gyro doesn't work at night, I'll bookmark that video for next time I see one!

Yes, you can get some blurring from the camera shake, but the gyro still works very well!

Well, it does and it doesn't. The movie was edited, meaning I left only the good parts so it's not an accurate depiction of how Gyro works at night. I had a lot of footage unusable, the good parts are also helped by my bike's front light and ambient lights (street lights, other bikes lights etc.)

These two OFF would give you better quality. I believe that with more light, Gyro will work better (same goes for WDR). ;)

Gyro works at night no doubt, the bad thing is the quality degradation at night using Gyro (the image passes from blurry to sharp, and so on). Gyro's efficacy is not the same at night compared to daylight, i believe important factors are scene's darkness, amount of details, camera speed and vibrations frequency). Bicycle moves slowly, there's not an engine creating vibratios, either. "Easy" work for Gyro here. :D

I would like to know what the WDR option does to the image, since the quality is also affected when the lights go down and WDR is ON. (This happens in many photo cameras that have this feature). :rolleyes:

Saludos.

I didn't have the chance to test the camera thoroughly, but I intend to test it with Gyro and WDR off in low light to see if it's an improvement. The selling point for me was the quality of stabilization so I'm a bit reluctant to turn it off :)

Other test with beta firmware 1.5

Stunt my bitch up :D man i would like a stuntready MC.

Miss the shots of adrenaline and dopamine when on the ragged edge but still in control.
IMG_8733_big_thumb.JPG

Faceplant_big_thumb.jpg
:D

A short video edit with the maiden of my 300mm HEX that uses a KingKong frame. The aircraft camera is also the FPV camera and it's the Git2 Pro (with gyro off). The head cam is the SJCAM M20. You can also see why it's important to have a lost aircraft alarm and how crop signs are made by aliens :)

With fast-motion or quick movements, videos lose definition or become some blurry at times on YT (at 1080 at least), but even so here is a small video with 1.5B2 Firmware.

Video settings:

1080/60 W
ISO Auto
EV -1/3
Contrast: Low
WB: Day
GYRO: Off
WDR: Off
Sharpness: Soft
Bitrate: High

Timelapses settings:

16MP
ISO Auto
Shutter Auto
Interval: 0,5s
EV -1/3
Contrast: Low
WB: Day
Sharpness: Normal

Git2 directly on bicycle handlebar, gyro on, fw 1.5b1, camera in water case.

Is it just the playback from youtube, or am I seeing a lot more compression artifacts and/or focus issues when you're riding in the forest?

Back