GS1000

It will be complete when/if I find a solution for GPS connection delay. Sometimes it takes ages to catch a sat. :( I don't want to take the antenna out by the way.

I may modify the case and make the antenna dismountable. I guess that's what I'm gonna do. Even I don't want to take it out, it seems to be the only way. I just wonder how useful this will be. :?:

Hello, does someone know if it is possible to change/upgrade firmware in fake orange menu gs1000 (front of red lambo on start\back on powering down)? Does it make any sense to change the fw?
I can see here that some other units have different fw. Mine is 201201106.
Thanks.

ufonauta said:
Hello!

Too bad it is not just found this forum.
I ordered one of these cameras, but it may be based on what you read here to be fake?

Images looks ok, price looks ok, at this point i say dvr is ok.
If not, then this is crime of the century.
Tell more when you have it.

edit
to me it looks price is 128, not 28.

Sabe said:
ufonauta said:
Hello!

Too bad it is not just found this forum.
I ordered one of these cameras, but it may be based on what you read here to be fake?

Images looks ok, price looks ok, at this point i say dvr is ok.
If not, then this is crime of the century.
Tell more when you have it.

edit
to me it looks price is 128, not 28.

As the picture shows, I have paid £ 28.89. + shipping
Other not taken anything like it. I think it comes on Thursday and then reported on the quality.

[img=left]http://www.quiff.hu/ebay_gs1000.jpg[/img]

ufonauta said:
As the picture shows, I have paid £ 28.89. + shipping
Other not taken anything like it. I think it comes on Thursday and then reported on the quality

Well, brand new gs1000 at 28 pounds is a fake.

(but still i see price 128 pouds)

Sabe said:
Well, brand new gs1000 at 28 pounds is a fake.

(but still i see price 128 pouds)

Now we can only hope that I get a good camera.

Szia ufonauta,

Now we can only hope that I get a good camera.

You've ordered a fake GS1000 without GPS and G-sensor. Your only hope is, that the picture quality will be good...

hungarycam said:
Szia ufonauta,

You've ordered a fake GS1000 without GPS and G-sensor. Your only hope is, that the picture quality will be good...

Hi Hungarycam!

In fact, the gps g sensor and so do not care, as the picture quality and recording time length. (MJPEG or H.264) This is the third camera, what to order and they were all bad. I hope it gets better.

Regards
ufonauta

I just got through beating!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400492861750? ... 1497.l2649
No H.264 codec, but MJPEG. So you can only fit 4 hours with a 32 GB card. The picture quality is just'm going to try now.
Would I need an address to the European Union, which was cheap GS1000 can order and ship fast. They might prefer to send it back and order a new one.
The firmware version:
Instead, you can not put up a H.264 firmware?

javr said:

Thank you!

I read, of course, but for me, unfortunately, only the European Union, from good transport, since over 22 Euro + 27% VAT is to be levied in the future from non-EU products. In addition, before long long time (11-12 hours) car trip they plan, so as soon as I need a camera. The current camera MJPEG compression a good image, but only 3 hours and 40 minutes in a 32 GB video card. So I thought that one H.264 cameras can wear all the way. Or go better if I have a 32GB card?

with lower resolution (picture is not brilliant, but it's still good enough) - more time on 32GB.
Check the videos on Youtube and change the resolution (240p, 360p, 480p, 720, and so on) and you will see the difference.
If you pick lower resolution on your dashcam, it will take less space on the memory card. Example:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I tried several resolutions.
I think it remains to 720p. I'll just get up in less time. Or even get a 32GB card.

As you watch this video showing the DOD GSE550 video. And pretty good quality 720p resolution.
However, the picture seems to have a 720p resolution, 8 GB card takes up 272 minutes.

[img=left]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196619_200313940100691_168331275_n.jpg[/img]

I have a 32 GB 720p 228 minutes.

I notice everyone here swears by high bitrate, and I in my work and Digitize VHS video bitrate of 4800 kbps sharp writing DVDs. 2 hours to go onto a 4.3 GB disc. I understand that fast movements better with higher bit rate, node I (MJPEG) to work in the 17,000 to 18,000 kbps GS 1000th Really nice picture and not choppy or fast motion, but I think that would be enough for half the bitrate (8000kbps) corresponding to H.264 codec. In addition, you also get an extra card for the long journey, the laptop will be in a lot of storage space, you went to the card.

The question still is that this camera would be acceptable image. And much to go around. a 32 GB card at 720p.
If anyone could confirm it may be ordered. Moreover, this also has GPS logger.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281110217215? ... 1423.l2649
In most Alarm sell some feedback to the order.

Hi everyone
I have a problem with my GS1000 and i hope you can help me
I ordered this device
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock ... 23733.html
It is fake orange menu GS1000. I've received it with firmware ver. 201300322, but some functions didn't work(auto record, power off, etc.). I decide to change firmware to ver. 201201122, and after that my GS1000 is shuting down after 2sec.
I tryed many firmwares. With some of them it starts, but the picture is up side down and buttons not work.
It seems to me that I need original firmware ver. 201300322, but i can not find it anywhere.
The seller answer me
------------------
Diana Qin:
01:43 Jun 01,2013
sorry, we don't have this firmware software,the factory don't give me.
------------------
If someone have similar DVR with fimware 201300322, can you make the backup and send it to me to p.glazunov@bk.ru ?

Thank you in advance

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I'm from russia

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you buy GS1000, you'd better check the version with the supplier first.
There are too many fake GS1000 in china market.
There are some manufactures try to modify the firmware version.
The original orange menu price is above USD100.

Re: GS1000 LCD turn off function

Hello does someone know how i can record while lcd is off? when i use this function [blue menu] the lcd only turn of when camera is on but i not record. on the recording modus the lcd not shut down. it there a trick?
it would great if this where be possible because in night i dont want see the light from the screen. In Menu : Auto-LCD - i can choose: On/1min/3min.

An other question is which voltage need this modell when i want to use it for the use on the power-point? can i use it with all 5v USb-adapter, or need it a special one?

Greetings :|

GS1000 recorded a video that I want to upload to YouTube. The video has a date, time and speed stamp. Is there any free program that has a feature that I can blur stamps?

Back