GS1000

Hello everyone,

few days ago I've receive GS1000 Car DVR Camera with Ambarella Chip with FW version V2.0.6.G2KB A
I have a problem with speed unit stamp on video. Speed is in MPH and it is imposible to change it.

Could you someone help me? Is it posible to change FW (upgrade/downgrade) and how?

Thanks

HD50G_130530.V1 firmware

Anyone tried new FW. HD50G_130530.V1 : fixed erroneous symbols on video overlay when logo output disabled?

pertti said:
GS1000 recorded a video that I want to upload to YouTube. The video has a date, time and speed stamp. Is there any free program that has a feature that I can blur stamps?

I don't know any easy and free, but this Camtasia studio can make it very easy and i believe that this is working 30 day evaluation version
http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/
There is special tool just for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello after a long time.
My GS1000 has worked good but lately it started to operate badly. It did not start every time I started the engine and sometimes it switched off suddenly during driving.
I tried to install the latest firmware from Texet webpage http://www.texet.ru/dvr/dvr1gp.htm, version 19.04.13
http://www.texet.ru/save.php?file=/file ... 378889.zip
but it bricked my camera. I unbricked the device using the method secribet in this thread and uploaded again the TXH4.35.220512_USB_RUS_elf . Now the camera operates properly, but I am wondering how long? :mrgreen:
I also tried the method of saving and loading firmware using the micro card. It operates, but:
1. When I extracted the firmware into the card using the "backup autoexec ash" file the camera swithed on as usually and when i switched it off and loaded the memory card into the PC reader I found the firmware saved on the card. Without any information. And when I did so wuith the original firmware the camera informed me about saving the file.
2. When I renamed the firmware into "texet.bin", saved on the formatted card , put the card into the camera and swiched it on it apperared a circle for several seconds and the camera swithed off. I had to remove this memory card and put another one, formatted. Then the camera started to work properly. So I think that I should have 2 micro SD cards - one normal and one with backup firmware.
3. The GS1000 becomes more and more pupular. Lately it has appeared as Opticam G3 in Poland
http://www.euro.com.pl/rejestratory-jaz ... m-g3.bhtml
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... m-g3.bhtml
:D
499 zl is about 150 USD now :D

Mantom said:
Hello after a long time.
My GS1000 has worked good but lately it started to operate badly. It did not start every time I started the engine and sometimes it switched off suddenly during driving.
I tried to install the latest firmware .......

You should use this firmware.
texet.jpg

The one you tried was made to older model.
I have experienced that fw you have now do not change video bitrate at all, even if you select "high" it uses lowest bitrate.

It is normal that saving firmware don't give any notifications.
It is also normal that dvr loads firmware every time it finds it from memorycard, therefore you must remove fw after successful flash. No need to remove card, just plug dvr in computer and remove file in usb drive mode.

You should use this firmware.
texet.jpg

The one you tried was made to older model.
I have experienced that fw you have now do not change video bitrate at all, even if you select "high" it uses lowest bitrate.

Unfotunately this firmware has bricked my camera. I had to return to te previous version and the device operates :mrgreen:

Mantom said:
Unfotunately this firmware has bricked my camera. I had to return to te previous version and the device operates :mrgreen:

Ok, my mistake, i was sure that you say you tested version 4.19.13

The one that i know that works is the one i showed, version 12.11.12
..........12.11.12122217001_1355918080.rar

Hey peoples,

I recently decided to get my first dashcam and found this site a great help. After weighing up the options I decided on a GS1000. I purchased my cam through e-Prance (in June 2013) as e-Prance was a recommended seller and I wanted to try make sure I got a genuine orange menu unit.

The cam arrived and is indeed an orange menu, and I suspect it is a 'new' orange menu given the firmware version. I think the firmware version reads 'SM5E5HGB.130509.V1' however the font isn't the best choice when it comes to distinguishing between 'S' and '5'. Can somebody please check the image I've uploaded and confirm whether i've read that correctly?

GS1000Originalfirmware_zps075d06e3.jpeg

Assuming the firmware is SM5...., I'm assuming that indicates the cam is a 'new orange menu' unit, as the firmwares for these new units include versions 4.35 and above. With that in mind, what is the latest firmware version circulating for the 'new orange menu' unit? I'm keen to know whether anybody is running anything newer than this.

Thanks!

need help; I have gs1000, but the menu is in Chinese and therefore I really can't tell anything or do anything as simple as changing date. I know there's an English translation of the manual which was some help. is there a translation of the menu into English posted anywhere? assistance is appreciated

bobn27613 said:
need help; I have gs1000, but the menu is in Chinese and therefore I really can't tell anything or do anything as simple as changing date. I know there's an English translation of the manual which was some help. is there a translation of the menu into English posted anywhere? assistance is appreciated

just go to the setup menu, usually the second menu option, and change the language to English, usually one of the first options in the settings menu is the language option

Sabe said:
This kind of motion detection works well only if you have a wall or a fence in front of your car, otherwise tf card gets full of rain movements, birds, and moving tree leaves and bushes. And if you adjust trigger level harder then you got nothing. It is very difficult to adjust trigger level so that it works, and of course, it won't work in the dark.
Security ip-camera outside my home sends alarm images to my gmail account, and some days i got 50 alarm emails for just a cloudy day, when light changes a lot.
This camera with motion detection might work well inside home or office because image quality is much better than any same price range security cameras, but in car use this option is quite useless.
I think why not you install the Soler Panel that help you to get the power with Motion detection cameras.And you can also use that power when there is power short fall.Because i think you need continuously power for effective working of these cameras.

Hello guys! SOS, please help me. I have GS1000(gse560) firmware smh4.36.220812b. It stopped doing cycles in recording, it started recording the full length films, so I desided to flash it with a new firmware from texet gp1 (http://texet.ru/dvr/dvr1gp.htm), made a back up of the firmware it had, saved it and put this new firmware by renaming firmware file from texet into vfirmware.bin and at the same time i put a back up file) and it flashed, but right after I have a bricked device, when you press the power button it starts with a texet wallpaper at first and right after that the screen turns black and a strange sound coming out of it, I hooked it up to the PC USB to try to flash it but I can't find Ambarella device through the direct USB program so now I can't flash it through USB too. I also tried to flash it through the sd card with many different firmware but it wouldn't flash though. When I hook it up to the PC through USB it says USB connection on the screen of the GS1000 and nothing goes on after that, the PC sees it as a flash card. Please help me guys, I payed 200US dollars for it!!! :roll:

vladilen said:
Hello guys! SOS, please help me. I have GS1000(gse560) firmware smh4.36.220812b. It stopped doing cycles in recording, it started recording the full length films, so I desided to flash it with a new firmware from texet gp1 (http://texet.ru/dvr/dvr1gp.htm), made a back up of the firmware it had, saved it and put this new firmware by renaming firmware file from texet into vfirmware.bin and at the same time i put a back up file) and it flashed, but right after I have a bricked device, when you press the power button it starts with a texet wallpaper at first and right after that the screen turns black and a strange sound coming out of it, I hooked it up to the PC USB to try to flash it but I can't find Ambarella device through the direct USB program so now I can't flash it through USB too. I also tried to flash it through the sd card with many different firmware but it wouldn't flash though. When I hook it up to the PC through USB it says USB connection on the screen of the GS1000 and nothing goes on after that, the PC sees it as a flash card. Please help me guys, I payed 200US dollars for it!!! :roll:
Will anybody help me guys?

needs to be in boot mode for the USB software to see it, have to press the reset button first and also find the right key combination when connecting it the PC for it to be recognised before you'd be able to do anything with it, the USB software also only works with Windows XP

vladilen said:

Same happened to me, and i recover from it.
You can recover from this only with directusb program, and i have noticed that different firmware can change that button combination from where you go to usb mode.
Try next.
Go to here http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Firmware_Update_via_USB and try all these button combinations how to enter usb mode, my guess is that buttons has changed from what it was.
Once you get it working scroll down and use that elf firmware named "Texet DVR-1GP TXH4.35.220512_USB_RUS.elf" and load it as instructed.
This is not final firmware, this is only the way to get it alive again.
Next you can download the right fw this time and it's that shown in image,(over a serial 122217001...) when you extract it there should be a folder named "12.11.12 B card 1gp"
texet.jpg

I would be very surprised if that don't work.
It is possible that directusb program can use directly "bin" files but i haven't tried it.

Edit later:
Now i tested how i go to usb mode with texet firmware.
It's simple, keep photo button pressed while connect usb cable, and that's it.
And like i said, originally it was different button, that was confusing.

Sabe said:
vladilen said:

You can recover from this only with directusb program, and i have noticed that different firmware can change that button combination from where you go to usb mode.
Try next.
Go to here http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Firmware_Update_via_USB and try all these button combinations how to enter usb mode, my guess is that buttons has changed from what it was.
Once you get it working scroll down and use that elf firmware named "Texet DVR-1GP TXH4.35.220512_USB_RUS.elf" and load it as instructed.
Next you can download the right fw this time and it's that shown in image,(over a serial 122217001...) when you extract it there should be a folder named "12.11.12 B card 1gp"

Thanks a lot for this reply, I will try to do this too!!!
texet.jpg

It is possible that directusb program can use directly "bin" files but i haven't tried it.

Edit later:

Thank you Sir for your support, I'll try!

vladilen said:
Sabe said:
vladilen said:

Try next.

Thanks a lot for this reply, I will try to do this too!!!
texet.jpg

Edit later:

Thank you Sir for your support, I'll try!

Also please tell me what kind of windows do you have on your PC when you flash it? Is it windows XP or 7 and is it 32 or 64 digit?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back