JooVuu X Camera

Dan it may be worth you hitting up Andy_S on here as he's written a PC app for the Xiaomi Yi and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that would work with your camera if it's using the A7LS75.

He's doing some amazing work and there's no point reinventing the wheel and all that - it may work out cheaper to commission Andy to do a version for the X camera?

I have no doubt that JooVuu intends to offer a link for downloading the GUI software client to your computer the same way it is done with the Mobius and the Innovv C series. In this day and age pressing a CD with the software is a waste of money and resources.

I'm also confident that it will not require uploading videos to the internet to view them. Imagine the bandwidth involved if we were all asked to do such a thing.

Dan is talking about an online GUI interface for the camera rather than having the interface on your computer. It would most likely just save a config file to your camera and perhaps a copy to your desktop for back-up.
I see.
Nowadays, internet is mostly on so that'll work plus changing settings/config is not done daily so should work fine.

I see.
Nowadays, internet is mostly on so that'll work plus changing settings/config is not done daily so should work fine.

For awhile, there was an online web based GUI for configuring the Mobius specifically for those with Mac computers but it was eventually abandoned for the local clients which people seem to prefer.

Edit: Come to think of it, the online GUI for the Mobius was cumbersome to use compared to the mSetup app on Windows. In mSetup, with the camera connected to your computer, it will appear within the app showing which version of firmware is installed, allows you to configure the camera with a press of the "set parameters" button and provides the capability to format the microSD card while it is in the camera.

Last edited:
Just to clarify: there will be a dedicated, iOS, Android (and we hope Windows Phone) App. This is just about the desktops.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks Dan. I guess I already knew that but was basically expressing the notion that all interfaces with the camera should work locally without the need for network access of any kind.
Also, (slightly off topic, I know) it would be cool if the mobile apps would let you see what the camera sees for aiming and composing purposes.

Hi @Dashmellow
You mean something like this? This is just a rough design.

Enjoy

Dan

Attachments

• 11263696_10205776163276359_69940066_o.jpg
    11263696_10205776163276359_69940066_o.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 39
Hi @Dashmellow
You mean something like this? This is just a rough design.

Enjoy

Dan

YES! That looks great!

I believe the description of the mobile apps said "streaming" but it wasn't clear if that meant live video or already recorded video clips.

If everything comes together as planned this seems like quite an exciting camera and should be a real winner!

I vote for a dedicated PC/Mac program.

Perhaps start with the web-interface, then add downloadable files for Win and Mac home users later on. This would eventually give everyone what they want but not slow you down or add to your costs right now :cool:

I saw your "cost to make" blog, and your "price to be announced soon" message, but can you quite an approximate price range (USA)? I'm buying a Mobius this weekend but the next unit after that might be yours- I don't want to spend all my money on a 2nd Mobius if I can afford this one ;)

It's awesome to see someone developing a product based on user-wanted performance instead of maximizing profits, and I wish you success beyond your wildest dreams with this :D

I saw your "cost to make" blog, and your "price to be announced soon" message, but can you quite an approximate price range (USA)? I'm buying a Mobius this weekend but the next unit after that might be yours- I don't want to spend all my money on a 2nd Mobius if I can afford this one ;)

development costs aside the components are much more expensive, if they can deliver this at anything close to double what a Mobius costs they will have done very well

development costs aside the components are much more expensive, if they can deliver this at anything close to double what a Mobius costs they will have done very well

Yeah, my guess all along so far is that this will be a 150-200 dollar camera, plus or minus. You seem to be saying more or less the same thing and of course, you are coming from a much more knowledgeable place. Assuming the camera performs as "promised" and is well constructed I would personally consider this to be a reasonable investment and a worthy purchase in that range.

Perhaps start with the web-interface, then add downloadable files for Win and Mac home users later on. This would eventually give everyone what they want but not slow you down or add to your costs right now :cool:

I guess I have to disagree. It seems to me that developing both a web interface and a local GUI client would only add to the complexity and cost of development. Plus, I don't think there were any votes in favor of a web only interface were there?

Last edited:
Assuming the camera performs as "promised" and is well constructed I would personally consider this to be a reasonable investment and a worthy purchase in that range.

if it's well built and stable it has the components to justify the price, building cameras properly is expensive, the expectation is skewed based on the amount of low end product in the market

it's quite ironic really but you get people that will spend a lot of money on a decent point and shoot or digital SLR camera and justify the purchase as wanting to be able to take good photos even though they'll often see very little use, yet the camera that they're wanting to work every time they're in the car without fail and be their witness as it were and people start trying to buy the cheapest product they can

I guess I have to disagree. It seems to me that developing both a web interface and a local GUI client would only add to the complexity and cost of development. Plus, I don't think there were any votes in favor of a web only interface where there?

I can't say I even see the benefit of a cloud based solution, doesn't make sense to me

Basically just thinking out loud regards the user-interface because I have a dumb phone and I am trying to get away from Win to run Linux here instead (learning Linux is my next "brain-exercise" project)

Considering what you'll get for your $$$, I'll wait on the second Mobuis to see what happens here. Quality is never cheap, just always worth the price!

Basically just thinking out loud regards the user-interface because I have a dumb phone and I am trying to get away from Win to run Linux here instead (learning Linux is my next "brain-exercise" project)

Considering what you'll get for your $$$, I'll wait on the second Mobuis to see what happens here. Quality is never cheap, just always worth the price!

It's hard to go wrong with a Mobius, assuming you can avoid the recent FRP lens module fiasco. I love carrying one as a pocket cam and if and when I ever retire the dash cam versions they can easily be repurposed for something else, unlike a traditional dedicated dash cam. I suspect the same will eventually apply to the JooVuuX.

Ubuntu fan here which I dabble with as a VM on my Mac.

Yes, going for the "A" lens version as it appears that they haven't resolved the heat-focus issues with the "C" lens yet. I can swap lenses around later. Do let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Entering Linux via "Mint" as I'm redoing an old but excellent laptop which won't do anything more bloated than XP. Mint will run on a flash drive with it. Ain't gonna buy another machine or OS I don't really need; I have better uses for my $$$ than paying dividends to MS stockholders!

I believe all the newer lenses for the Mobius are now FRP modules but I haven't heard any reports regarding the new "A" module yet, good or bad.

I believe all the newer lenses for the Mobius are now FRP modules but I haven't heard any reports regarding the new "A" module yet, good or bad.

it does seems from what was stated they were all going to be with FRP which is a bit of a shame, I think the metal base was better

Reactions: map
Back