JooVuu X Camera

The switch away from the original metal barreled module was a huge mistake in my opinion......and the newly designed case to accommodate it makes installing a "vintage" metal module a royal pain.

I hate focus issues and see the new Möbius as one step forward, two steps back!

I had the same issues with the GT880S most recently suffering focus issues.

The moral of the story is please use a metal lens holder in the X :)

I hate focus issues and see the new Möbius as one step forward, two steps back!

I had the same issues with the GT880S most recently suffering focus issues.

The moral of the story is please use a metal lens holder in the X :)
metal lens holder in the X
Have any picture?and why?

it's not something you need to customise, just check with the lens supplier
Thank you,do you mean OV4689 CMOS lens module already have metal base?Just now checked and did not find metal lens module yet,and we will check with our supplier,if you have the source,please also inform us :) Thank you first.
Lens base or lens holder,which part is it refering to?the ring around lens or the whole wraping material?

Attachments

• LENS.jpg
    LENS.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 19
the lens mount (or base), the bit the lens screws into that is mounted to the CMOS PCB, not many suppliers have the metal base so you may need to ask around

Mint is an excellent distro to start with
Entering Linux via "Mint"
I hate to derail, but I couldn't help myself.
Mint is on all of my PCs except for the one I use to edit camera videos and play a game now and again. I love using it.
If your laptop is really old (i had one that used to run Windows 98) try Peppermint OS
It seemed really light and made that old laptop almost fly.

If your laptop is really old (i had one that used to run Windows 98) try Peppermint OS
It seemed really light and made that old laptop almost fly.

I've been using Elementary OS (Luna) on an oldish ThinkPad. It runs very well.

Maybe we need a Linux thread?

the lens mount (or base), the bit the lens screws into that is mounted to the CMOS PCB, not many suppliers have the metal base so you may need to ask around
One photo is metal lens
The second and last photo is metal lens base ,is that called lens base?(The part to connect PCBA and install screw)
I asked some lens module supplier,some people said" if lens itself is metal,then lens base is not so necessary to be metal?"
But lens itself could be metal and the lens base could also be metal,price will be much more

Attachments

• 7f70b4db2be7dc171cafe0cae05ce5c2.jpg
    7f70b4db2be7dc171cafe0cae05ce5c2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 20
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 20
  • plastic lens base.jpg
    plastic lens base.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 18
metal lens is better than plastic, the lens base also, of course it costs more but it depends what sort of result you want

The Mobius moved to a FRP base I believe and now it has focus issues in the heat which is something they never suffered from in the past.

Not sure how much the cost difference is between the items but if it stops people getting focus issues down the road it may be worth spending an extra £ per unit now rather than finding the issue when the unit is out there - you've even got diehard Mobius fans looking elsewhere now because of it.

Metal base around the lens is needed for sure or expect lots of customer complaints from summer heat focus issues.

it's not an absolute necessity for a lot of cameras but given the compact size and the components being used I think it would be a better choice, I'm sure Daniel will want to use whatever is going to deliver the right results so something he'll look at I'd say

The Mobius moved to a FRP base I believe and now it has focus issues in the heat which is something they never suffered from in the past.

Not sure how much the cost difference is between the items but if it stops people getting focus issues down the road it may be worth spending an extra £ per unit now rather than finding the issue when the unit is out there - you've even got diehard Mobius fans looking elsewhere now because of it.
If manufacturer wants to build a good long term product then it should go forward model by model, price of individual component should not be issue, all glory can disappear in a very short time if word comes out that this is not good product anymore.

Well if a camera ( action or dash ) go out of focus shortly after purchase, its more or less money wasted.
And ppl will forget all about the moderate price they paied for the camera, and go stupid - stupid ( brand ) and then hate avay.

It all come down to price first and then IQ, thats why the mobius have been so sucessfull against the expensive benchmark Gopro.

As people are having problems with the current Mobius FRP lens housing where the older metal one did not give problems, I think the best course is clear. At the price level you envision, you don't need basic quality problems like that.

Back