JooVuu X Camera

JVX-01.10.15 -1080x60- Evening Footage Test. 25.09.15.MOV raw footage sample on mega is actually encoded only in 720p?

The camera as @kamkar1 and @CheckYourLights plus other testers can attest to runs absolutely fine off a power bank.
I just wanted to confirm this in case anyone needed a second chime in. I almost always run my X with a power bank sometimes even while in the car.

2c297c9a7d3c500e06075206a975aa2b.jpg
9f8dce895ff74216da2db4b01d63b13a.jpg

Here it is on my hats from my other post.
Swl26ctm.jpg

Here is the cable I use bought from WalMart. The PS3 one is Mini B
Nt429gx.jpg

Here it is on my hat at a flea market.
Accidentally saved the clip twice to one stream. That was my mistake in Registrator Viewer.

Last edited:
JooVuu-Y coming soon. As in Why the heck is this thing so big? Maybe it's good for a roof mount with truckers.

7e49b3b0dd05dc1293249f25fd8452e8.jpg

Joking, this is the huge projector in the hotel I'm staying at.
Be careful, they may sue for copying the design. ;)

It might be a case of "bigamy"

Hoping to pre-order in a day or two; business is still hectic post-vacation here.

Phil

So I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. One question though: I want to use a hardwire kit and I wonder how to integrate the GPS module.
I'm assuming that the output from the cigarette adapter is 5V and the GPS module is powered from that.
If that's the case, I can just get DC/DC 12V to 5V step down converter and use that instead right?

So I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. One question though: I want to use a hardwire kit and I wonder how to integrate the GPS module.
I'm assuming that the output from the cigarette adapter is 5V and the GPS module is powered from that.
If that's the case, I can just get DC/DC 12V to 5V step down converter and use that instead right?

Just like our other products I suggest you hard wire using the included JooVuu x cigarette power cord by plugging that into a PANOBDP Multi Safer hard wire kit that has a female cigarette port.

@Pier28 I didn't want to announce it here but this will be our 'giant' camera. After all the research we have done we've identified a market that no one has explored yet. Giants. This will be our first camera into that market. The JooVuu Y (also Giant Cam) will allow all giants to protect themselves against angry mobs, witches, and other mythical beasts. More details soon.

We have a giant customer testing the JooVuu-Y today. :)

83988bfd447c9fe396f7518f70683e6a.jpg

Just like our other products I suggest you hard wire using the included JooVuu x cigarette power cord by plugging that into a PANOBDP Multi Safer hard wire kit that has a female cigarette port.
Well, it seems that no matter what I'm going to have to hack it. The current location of GPS module won't work for me.

Not my favorite way to have GPS antenna either, as it is now testing i just have the GPS antenna wedged up between my headliner and the windscreen, only about half of the GPS antenna housing clear my roof line.
Maybe the fact i drive a motorized shoebox make it a little less painfull for me and this way of making GPS, i can make it work in a permenent install, but it will not end up as the way i would prefer it.

The GPS antenna for my SG9665GC is at the upper left corner of my windscreen, i like it there, but that meant i had to flip the guts of it, which is okay as it was a 1 minute job.

Unfortunately, the GPS placement on this cam definitely seems problematic. If it were doable, I would prefer to see a mini-B plug splitter of some kind that would allow for a GPS antenna module on the end of its own cable like on the SG9665GC where it could be placed out of the way on the lower corner of the windscreen.

Somthing like that would be good, seeing as we cant put more plugs on the little camera itself.
Or rather we could, i for one have no need for the HDMI output on the camera.

Somthing like that would be good, seeing as we cant put more plugs on the little camera itself.
Or rather we could, i for one have no need for the HDMI output on the camera.

When I got my first dash cam five years ago I plugged it into my TV via the mini HDMI cable it came with. The image quality was pretty impressive and I was amazed. Five years and many cameras later I've never again viewed another video directly from a camera on the TV. The only reason I might want an HDMI port on a camera would be if it gave a live video image for refocusing the lens on an HDTV screen.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the GPS placement on this cam definitely seems problematic. If it were doable, I would prefer to see a mini-B plug splitter of some kind that would allow for a GPS antenna module on the end of its own cable like on the SG9665GC where it could be placed out of the way on the lower corner of the windscreen.
SG9665GC is plued in a AV port,but ours do not have,increase another port means modify PCBA,etc

maybe like Koonlung K1S, have our GPS module mounted in a long cable spliter

As with mounts, one GPS design can't please everybody. USB plugs and cables can be changed but it's a very fiddly operation which most will not be able to do for themself.

I think a future possibility to consider might be having plugs at or close to the GPS module so each user can select cable lengths which will give them their best install options.

I do like the concept of the separate module so that those who don't want it don't have to pay for it, and so that it can easily be added later without having to buy a new cam or a more expensive discrete GPS unit not meant for compactness. Dan is doing well fine-tuning things for us like this so I expect this too will be worked out well in time.

Phil

Back