JooVuu X Camera

As with mounts, one GPS design can't please everybody. USB plugs and cables can be changed but it's a very fiddly operation which most will not be able to do for themself.

I think a future possibility to consider might be having plugs at or close to the GPS module so each user can select cable lengths which will give them their best install options.

I do like the concept of the separate module so that those who don't want it don't have to pay for it, and so that it can easily be added later without having to buy a new cam or a more expensive discrete GPS unit not meant for compactness. Dan is doing well fine-tuning things for us like this so I expect this too will be worked out well in time.

Phil
I saw that GPS module before,but it is USB port .
Actually,if buyer need hard wiring kit,we can open mould and get our GPS module built-in hard wiring kit.
People can buy non-gps hard wire kit or non-gps car charger.
GPS car charger or GPS hard wiring kit could be sold as optional accessory,but now our standard package was GPS car charger @JooVuu

SG9665GC is plued in a AV port,but ours do not have,increase another port means modify PCBA,etc

Yes, we already know that the JooVuu-X doesn't have an AV port. The impracticality of modifying the PCB has been discussed previously and that was precisely the reason for suggesting a mini-B plug splitter of some kind. The idea would be to use the existing mini-B plug to perform separate functions simultaneously similar to the way the Mobius mini-B AV cable does.

Last edited:
Yes, we already know that the JooVuu-X doesn't have an AV port. The impracticality of modifying the PCB has been discussed previously and that was precisely the reason for suggesting a mini-B plug splitter of some kind. The idea would be to use the existing mini-B plug to perform separate functions simultaneously similar to the way the Mobius mini-B AV cable does.
car charger can have GPS
or do not have GPS
hard wire kit can have our GPS
or do not have GPS
Just 4 different kinds of cable,is not it fairly easy enough?

Why add a cable spliter and make the camera looks weired,as with a long cable ,one end is USB port,the other end is GPS module with sticker?it makes camera looks weired?

We will have optional mini-B AV cable,but what is the relation of AV cable with GPS module?

I am confused

car charger can have GPS
or do not have GPS
hard wire kit can have our GPS
or do not have GPS
Just 4 different kinds of cable,is not it fairly easy enough?

Why add a cable spliter and make the camera looks weired,as with a long cable ,one end is USB port,the other end is GPS module with sticker?it makes camera looks weired?

We will have optional mini-B AV cable,but what is the relation of AV cable with GPS module?

I am confused

I guess you do sound confused.

Perhaps you might benefit from re-reading all the posts about why some people are not thrilled with the idea of an in-line GPS module.

The simple answer is that having an in-line GPS module located where it is creates difficult installation headaches for many of us. It also has the potential to compromise the stealthy nature of the camera because it is not particularly easy to hide such a GPS module in some vehicles. The current GPS solution limits installation options for an otherwise highly versatile camera.

As for the example I gave of the Mobius AV break-out wiring harness it was merely to show how a camera of similar form factor uses the mini-B port cable to split its functionality into different connections. A similar cable/splitter such as I'm postulating for the JooVuu-X would not be an AV cable, it would merely split between a 5V power input and a separate GPS module cable similar to the SG.

Finally, to repeat another thing that was discussed earlier, some buyers would prefer the ability to power the camera from a USB-A ported power supply and still have GPS functionality, which the proposed splitter would accomplish.

Perhaps you might benefit from re-reading all the posts about why some people are not thrilled with the idea of an in-line GPS module.

The simple answer is that having an in-line GPS module located where it is creates difficult installation headaches for many of us. It also has the potential to compromise the stealthy nature of the camera because it is not particularly easy to hide such a GPS module in some vehicles. The current GPS solution limits installation options for an otherwise highly versatile camera.

As for the example I gave of the Mobius AV break-out wiring harness it was merely to show how a camera of similar form factor uses the mini-B port cable to split its functionality into different connections. A similar cable/splitter such as I'm postulating for the JooVuu-X would not be an AV cable, it would merely split between a 5V power input and a separate GPS module cable similar to the SG.

Finally, to repeat another thing that was discussed earlier, some buyers would prefer the ability to power the camera from a USB-A ported power supply and still have GPS functionality, which the proposed splitter would accomplish.

Thank you Dashmellow, we're looking into options. I have Emma working incredibly hard and as such she is not active on these forums much as she's mainly liasing with the factory so may not read everything. I'll make sure I bring her up to speed in future.

Perhaps you might benefit from re-reading all the posts about why people are not thrilled with the idea of an in-line GPS module.

That is not a big problem,every person have different view point.
As I think GPS module is situated in the middle,which shall be easy,as no longer need to install.
The simple reason is also because we want it to be small size.so we get GPS mount outside,meanwhile,GPS can get better signal .
The cable spliter,I think it is similar like Koonlung K1S has cable spliter, one port is for power supply,another port has GPS module with 3M sticker( as ours)
but maybe based on that,need to increase the third port for AV cable to plug in.( As we already have only 1 Mini USB port,which can convert Mini USB to AV port already),so our cable spliter had better have 3 ports as what you said,but it definetely means open mould if it can work out.Idea is good,I will check out.
@JooVuu

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm talking about. I think it could just be a small two port adapter that wouldn't even need the Y-cable.

Two plugs on a Y-cable might have the tendency to rattle against each other while driving.

Last edited:
Just got a JooVuu newsletter. Among highlighted features is:

"Proven to work in -26c to +50c with degrading in video quality"

Is that a typo? :)

Yes, looks like there needs to be 'out' after with. ;)

Yes, looks like there needs to be 'out' after with. ;)

Annoyingly I corrected the email before and then sent the old email. ****.

I'm trying to decide how to (hard) wire the X. One way is to wire it to a switched 12V fuse so it is turned on/off with the ignition. Another, to take advantage of motion detection, to connect it to permanent 12V. How does this work? Is the camera on at all times looking for motion? How does it know when to go from motion detect to full recording when ignition is turned on?
There is not much about this in the manual.
Also, can you update camera firmware using the phone app?

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide how to (hard) wire the X. One way is to wire it to a switched 12V fuse so it is turned on/off with the ignition. Another, to take advantage of motion detection, to connect it to permanent 12V. How does this work? Is the camera on at all times looking for motion? How does it know when to go from motion detect to full recording when ignition is turned on?
There is not much about this in the manual.
Also, can you update camera firmware using the phone app?

Hi Lacibaci,
As most people use the camera straight out of the box with what is supplied the manual is aimed at the mass market...a very small percentage of people actually hardwire their camera and as such to make this as easy and simple to understand we've tried to include only what the mass market will more than likely need. However, what we may do is create a section of the manual for more advanced aspects such as hardwiring. I'll get this sorted today/tomorrow.

Regarding your question, we're tweaking the motion detection feature at the moment so I do not want to answer your question and then it changes, however, the basic premise is this: when ignition is off, camera is still running in 'parked' mode, when ignition turns on, camera automatically switches to recording.

The firmware upgrade again is up in the air, it's not as straight forward but we think we might have a work around so hopefully can release some information soon.

Cheers,

Dan

We need to delver the items that will effect the widest audience at launch first but I'm sure we can work on adding special needs after we move forward with the basics first.

Hi Lacibaci,
As most people use the camera straight out of the box with what is supplied the manual is aimed at the mass market...a very small percentage of people actually hardwire their camera and as such to make this as easy and simple to understand we've tried to include only what the mass market will more than likely need. However, what we may do is create a section of the manual for more advanced aspects such as hardwiring. I'll get this sorted today/tomorrow.

Regarding your question, we're tweaking the motion detection feature at the moment so I do not want to answer your question and then it changes, however, the basic premise is this: when ignition is off, camera is still running in 'parked' mode, when ignition turns on, camera automatically switches to recording.

The firmware upgrade again is up in the air, it's not as straight forward but we think we might have a work around so hopefully can release some information soon.

Cheers,

Dan

OK, thanks, I understand.

Would it be possible to mount this on a standard 1/4-20 mount ?. Looking to replace my Mobius cameras due to poor night video quality.

Thanks,

M

Would it be possible to mount this on a standard 1/4-20 mount ?. Looking to replace my Mobius cameras due to poor night video quality.

Thanks,

M

Yes, the JooVuu-X has a 1/4-20 threaded tripod mount integrated into the housing.

X.png

Last edited:
the basic premise is this: when ignition is off, camera is still running in 'parked' mode, when ignition turns on, camera automatically switches to recording.

If there's no battery in the camera (ie capacitor) I think you will need access to the BAT and ACC terminals to do this. This could be done if you tap into the fuse box but not via the lighter adapter.

The absence of motion for a particular amount of time (detected by the G sensor) could also be used to put the camera in the parking mode but the camera will have to be powered all the time.

Voltage sensing circuitry in the cam can do this. A charged car battery doesn't exceed 12.6V alone, and when the car is charging that goes up to around 13.8V, so you may not need to tap power in two places. NOTE that I don't know how the "X" cam is configured; I am only saying that this is possible.

Phil

Back