JooVuu X Camera

Hey @Dashmellow
The mini USB is 10pin HOWEVER that is only for data and GPS but for just power it is 5 pin...and not the crazy Mobius 5 pin but the actual normal 5 pin.

The camera as @kamkar1 and @CheckYourLights plus other testers can attest to runs absolutely fine off a power bank. In fact I've just finished a test regarding a power bank and it worked fantastically. I used a generic 5pin cable to run power from the bank to the camera and not one problem. Regarding the inline GPS, it should not be tooooo much of a modification but the problem is again money and also demand. From my research most people like to just use everything out of the box and as such I went with the simplest option.

I have so so so so many plans for this camera if I had money and if I had about an extra, $150,000usd I could release the accessories I really really want to. Sadly I do not have it so have to prioritise. But again the camera runs perfectly fine off power banks.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks for the reply, Dan. That the camera runs on a standard cable is great news! As for a GPS enabled USB cable, I believe it would be a popular and welcomed option, but all good things in time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Dan. That the camera runs on a standard cable is great news! As for a GPS enabled USB cable, I believe it would be a popular and welcomed option, but all good things in time.

It definitely does. We'll be including a cable as standard but any 5 pin cable for powering will work perfectly.

Cheers,

Dan

I would really like to see side-by-side comparison with SG9665GC. It would be interesting to see how the two processors and sensors handle different situations.

Was more thinking of the pile of amazon vouchers I've got burning a hole in my pocket.. :)

We can temporarily add JooVuu-X to the Amazon store no problem if needed as we have access to all International Amazon channels. (If Dan is ok with that short/long term)

I would really like to see side-by-side comparison with SG9665GC. It would be interesting to see how the two processors and sensors handle different situations.

I'll see what I can do. I'm in Hong Kong for the Global Sources trade show at the moment but brought the sample JooVuu-X with me.

We can temporarily add JooVuu-X to the Amazon store no problem if needed as we have access to all International Amazon channels. (If Dan is ok with that short/long term)

I'll see what I can do. I'm in Hong Kong for the Global Sources trade show at the moment but brought the sample JooVuu-X with me.

Vendors can sell on Amazon :) No problem here.

Cheers,

dan

Yeah been a bit busy today, but tomorrow i will grab the SG and get the footage from it covering the same trip yesterday.

I am however still on Beta firmware on the SG camera, but that compared to a camera in development can be all that unfair.

Contemplating puttint the "old" xcam in the rear window beside my mobius, but i am all out of power sources as i still havent gotten around to tap into my rear light for more 12 V outputs.

Need to do somthing quick, weather is on the off here and this dashcam thing is turning into a addiction or at the least a hobby demanding a lot of power outputs in my car :D

Contemplating puttint the "old" xcam in the rear window beside my mobius,

actually that would be a good comparison also as a lot of people that would otherwise consider a Mobius might like to see what extra they get for their money with the X

Yeah. will have to "steal" another neodynium magnet from my friend tomorrow, my mount off the rear hatch is a bit creative, but damm nice as it get camera lens right up against the glass.

Truth be told i better have a look at mobius firmware, its been quite a while since i had been messing with the little mobius, and i am sure there is several new firmwares now.

Yeah been a bit busy today, but tomorrow i will grab the SG and get the footage from it covering the same trip yesterday.

I am however still on Beta firmware on the SG camera, but that compared to a camera in development can be all that unfair.

Contemplating puttint the "old" xcam in the rear window beside my mobius, but i am all out of power sources as i still havent gotten around to tap into my rear light for more 12 V outputs.

Need to do somthing quick, weather is on the off here and this dashcam thing is turning into a addiction or at the least a hobby demanding a lot of power outputs in my car :D

Sounds good Kamkar, we're releasing another firmware asap that has even higher bitrates and a few modifications for IQ so once we have that sorted let the comparisons begin :)

I have done a fjew H2H with the 2 back in the old footage thread, but that was in the erly days.

If i had to guess i think the SG9665GC still have the upper hand, but its allso way ahead of the X cam in time on the marked, but looking at the insides i am sure the X cam can be just as good.

Its a tough business :D and the SG minions are not resting on the laurels, so all we can do is crack on and do our best.

JooVuu-Y coming soon. As in Why the heck is this thing so big? Maybe it's good for a roof mount with truckers.

7e49b3b0dd05dc1293249f25fd8452e8.jpg

Joking, this is the huge projector in the hotel I'm staying at.

Last edited:
Circus in town :D

Watch out with those, they are like accident amplifiers.

@Pier28 I didn't want to announce it here but this will be our 'giant' camera. After all the research we have done we've identified a market that no one has explored yet. Giants. This will be our first camera into that market. The JooVuu Y (also Giant Cam) will allow all giants to protect themselves against angry mobs, witches, and other mythical beasts. More details soon.

Back