JooVuu X Camera

Hope JooVuu Dan is taking notes. This is important stuff!

Oh we are do not worry, we had a surprise built in feature that when you were in an accident would play this
repeatedly but I guess we'll have to cut this now...DAMMMMMMMMM.

@country_hick
Hmmm,aging test we could get that tested in the lab,or require higher temperature+lower temperature during something more professional lab such as CE test
@JooVuu

@country_hick , we are playing this safe, we have not tested it in the scorching heat etc yet so do not want to make any claims on this. This is one of those where we expect to get better temperatures out of it, but until we have tried we do not want to claim anything that we are not sure about.

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for the feedback, questions, suggestions etc, we really do appreciate it. Please keep it coming. I've had a few emails regarding 'pre-orders'. I've learned my lesson about opening up pre-orders to soon, so pre-orders will NOT be available until I give the word that we will be going to production with the final shiny package etc, that usually indicates about 2-3 weeks for production/QA and then a few days for everything to go through customs. We will of course announce more details the closer we get but just want to nip this in the bud before it blossoms into anything. The thing we are focusing on is reliability and quality, and as such I do not want to be rushed because we have customers who have bought it and are desperate for it. I want it to not live up to expectations but exceed them.

Again thank you for the kind words, feedback, questions, anything we have not answered please just let us know and we can always clarify etc.

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people has make a concern, that it has the USB interface at the back. My concern is, if you keep unplugging and plug it in, the USB WILL fail.

It must be easy to make the camera so its get power, when it’s get connected to its mount. That will also open up the opportunities to make a battery pack, so people can bring it on the go, bike, skiing. Bigger marked for you.

CPL filter, I still hope you will make that options.

On your webpage you state it’s a 2K and 3K resolution camera (tour page). I think its a typo.

The camera detects it is dark and increases exposure in decreases framerate to let more light in to get better video quality”.
Hmm hope it’s still fast enough to read a license plate at speed.

Any change there will be a USA seller and return point, in case there are needed for return.

What kind of warranty will there be.

No premature shipping. TEST IT and high QC. You will lose people trust, if there are any major bugs.

Example lenses out of focus, problem with memory card, heat stroke etc.

And last this is a really good camera on paper.:)

My experience with USB plug is there is a lot of stress on the interface, when you have a physical movement on it. The interface can break. Soldering can break or the print layer can break. You try to build small, but the force you use to push the cable in and out will not change. I can imagine that some use will take it out, when there leave the car. Try to plug the cable in at night without the light. There might even be a stress on the cable, if it hanging down. You driving on a bumpy road the cable will swing around, if the cable not has been fixed to the car. I have fixed couple of equipment with that problem, so that the reason I put it on the list.

You will as manufacture clam its user fail. The user will say: “it fail at normal use”. People will start to write about it. 1 can fail, 10 there is a pattern.

I understand it’s still is in development, so that why I mention it.

Some people has make a concern, that it has the USB interface at the back. My concern is, if you keep unplugging and plug it in, the USB WILL fail.

It must be easy to make the camera so its get power, when it’s get connected to its mount. That will also open up the opportunities to make a battery pack, so people can bring it on the go, bike, skiing. Bigger marked for you.

CPL filter, I still hope you will make that options.

On your webpage you state it’s a 2K and 3K resolution camera (tour page). I think its a typo.

The camera detects it is dark and increases exposure in decreases framerate to let more light in to get better video quality”.
Hmm hope it’s still fast enough to read a license plate at speed.

Any change there will be a USA seller and return point, in case there are needed for return.

What kind of warranty will there be.

No premature shipping. TEST IT and high QC. You will lose people trust, if there are any major bugs.

Example lenses out of focus, problem with memory card, heat stroke etc.

And last this is a really good camera on paper.:)

Hi @Viking
First of all, welcome to the forum. Second of all, I'll go through and answer everything.

1) Why will the USB fail? Simply by unplugging and plugging it back in? If so, then surely regardless of where we place it it will fail. We did not want to put the USB on either the left or right hand side as some countries have left hand drive and some have one. So we went for a neutral place.

2) It is why we have made it how we have so it can be used for that reason exactly, more like an action camera. However, for the time being the immediate focus is the camera being a car camera. The first shipment will all be shipped with super capacitors unless there is a huge change in our strategy which at the moment we see no need to.

3) Rather than aiming for something that will please everyone (which is impossible) we have decided to give the customer the tools to create what they see as the 'perfect' car camera. So they can choose to have maybe 60fps at 1080dp, whilst some other people may choose 1080dp at 24fps. If we cater for just one type of customer we alienate the rest, so we have tried to create a camera where you (the customer) can choose how to utilize and get the best out of it for yourself.

4) There will be a specific USA seller, may be more than 1 but this is not finalized yet.

5) We will not be releasing this information at the moment regarding warranties.

6) We are aware of what we need to test which is why we'll be doing lots of internal testing, and then when we get to a good enough stage release it to about 10 beta testers. Once they have done their testing, we will implement changes, and repeat process until we are at a standard that we are happy and satisfied with releasing to the general public

7) Thank you, we think it is to, now we just got to get it as good as we want to.

Kind regards,

Dan

PS I've just seen your above post:

Personally out of every single dash camera we have ever sold, according to our files we have had 3 sent back to us due to USB failure. That is less than a 0.001% failure rate.

PPS
We'll be releasing another camera soon though this is not developed by us, only the firmware has been changed, altered, and improved by us. More details will follow soon.

Last edited:
My experience with USB plug is there is a lot of stress on the interface,.

it's Micro USB, except for Apple it's now the defacto standard on just about any mobile phone you care to look at, the connector is stronger than you give credit for

it's Micro USB, except for Apple it's now the defacto standard on just about any mobile phone you care to look at, the connector is stronger than you give credit for
My experience with MicroUSB:

Using Samsung Galaxy S4 for 2y.
Due to the nature of my personal use I do carry with me a portable battery bank. During 1 day I do plug / unplug about 10 times. So its over 7000 times plug / unplug within 2y.
I can plug a wall charger plug to the phone microusb port and hold cable with phone handing down and ( swing ) swivel it. Its still holding plug / port connectors strong.

My experience with MicroUSB:

Using Samsung Galaxy S4 for 2y.
Due to the nature of my personal use I do carry with me a portable battery bank. During 1 day I do plug / unplug about 10 times. So its over 7000 times plug / unplug within 2y.
I can plug a wall charger plug to the phone microusb port and hold cable with phone handing down and ( swing ) swivel it. Its still holding plug / port connectors strong.

if the connector is good quality it's not going to be a problem, I'm sure @JooVuu are not going to spend all this money to develop a product only to try and save 10 cents on a connector

I just hope that this will have the 2 types of QA used.

1. Quality parts and design that eliminates most failures from the start. (I have no doubts here.)

2. At least 2 people dedicated to QA. One who looks at every part for defects and the circuit board to verify good soldering by the human element (which causes most problems) and one who tests each cam as an assembly for at least 24 hours with sd cards to prove the focus and recording capability. There could probably be software developed to verify constant recording with only a human needing to verify correct focus. Looking at the date marks and file size from each recording to prove recording happened should be easy to automate.

If more manufacturers followed this testing each individual cam we would not have the fiascos of some series of cams having horrible failure rates and needing DIY solutions. I would gladly pay an extra $2 to know the cam will work correctly compared to wondering if it would work or not out of the box as a recent cam introduction has had to many problems.

100% tested and working is a great sales pitch.

Will this have a metal cmos holder? After the mobius went to a FRP cmos holder and video went out of focus this is a concern.

What kind of lens covers will be available? Will one be made with a filter to reduce glare?

Last edited:
Thanks for answer Dan.
These GPS I have fixed was more than 2 years old, but less 4 years. Some people just like to keep thing and think it’s an easy fix.

I have been reading in this forum, the last couple of month and I really like you product on paper.

1. Small.
2. No screen. Less to fail.
3. Capacitors. No battery to get cooked.
4. The fact you got some experience, what not working in a camera as dealer and try to build a better camera with people from inside and outside of China.
5. Dealer in USA.

Ps: Hope the microphone is sensitive enough to pick up a voice from a cop, if you get stopped.

I will keep an eye on this product and mostly gonna buy it.

@ country I’m ready to pay $5 extra for quality and test.

Last edited:
As per Post #1
"THE ETA for the camera is: Summer 2015."

I hope its gonna be the summer in the northern hemisphere rather than southern hemisphere.:confused:

But it will give JooVuu some extra month, without he breaking his promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
iOS and Android App
[*]Can configure the camera through the app on the go (all parameters)
[*]Access ‘live view’ (see what the camera sees)
[*]Download videos on your device
[*]Stream and record
[*]Live view and record

PC Program
[*]A program for PC to be able to configure your camera (all parameters)

Will the PC program be able to do all that the APP can do? Some people may have laptops or windows tablets.

why WILL it fail exactly?
I also had got a bunch of micro USB plug failures on many devices after 3 years of care use! Most of the time the problem appeared after having used USB cables from other brands to timely charge a phone... Then it beguns to loose the connection when the cable hung or when it was plug into a docking station ! So, yes, I would also prefer to not often plug the USB in the cam body but as much as possible into the mount.

Then the mount could behold some spring loaded contacts which comes against metal parts of the body (as data can be transferred through WiFi, 2 contacts are already sufficient).

At best the mount could be contactless as actual car's key holder, Nokia lumia inductive charging mats, tooth brushes,... Eg an annular coil could form the mount.. If it doesn't block WiFi off course

Last edited:
As far as USB ports go, I prefer mini over micro any day, twice on Sunday.
Mini is much stable compared to micro port/plug.
One of my dashcams micro USB port isn't snug enough.
Never had any issue with mini though but I think as long as the micro plug and port both are of decent quality, it should be okay.

a good quality Micro USB plug and socket is no issue, a lot of products don't use good quality plugs and sockets, that's an issue

Think i read somwhere micro USB actually have a longer expected lifetime then mini USB, that beeing said i allso prefer the mini USB over micro.

Think i read somwhere micro USB actually have a longer expected lifetime then mini USB, that beeing said i allso prefer the mini USB over micro.

Mini is harder to damage, I think with Micro there is more chance of self inflicted problems

I have google micro USB life cycle.

In general micro USB should be to handle 10000 mating cycle. The female comes in different mounting model (The interface in house). Which one there is best for dash camera, I have no clue.

(Mini USB life cycle around 5000 mating.)

I don’t know how far in the design of the box JooVuu are, so it may be to late to change, it might damage the heat flow in the housing.

I will prefer at power though the mount and no fooling around with cable, but I also understand JooVuu has to draw a line in the sand and say “good enough”.

Most important is hardware / firmware / software is working and no heat problem.

Question @ Dan.

In the specification it say GPS optional. So will a user be able to add GPS to this model later?

Will the standard firmware features write speed stamp without GPS?

Back