JooVuu X Camera

I just hope that this will have the 2 types of QA used.

1. Quality parts and design that eliminates most failures from the start. (I have no doubts here.)

2. At least 2 people dedicated to QA. One who looks at every part for defects and the circuit board to verify good soldering by the human element (which causes most problems) and one who tests each cam as an assembly for at least 24 hours with sd cards to prove the focus and recording capability. There could probably be software developed to verify constant recording with only a human needing to verify correct focus. Looking at the date marks and file size from each recording to prove recording happened should be easy to automate.

If more manufacturers followed this testing each individual cam we would not have the fiascos of some series of cams having horrible failure rates and needing DIY solutions. I would gladly pay an extra $2 to know the cam will work correctly compared to wondering if it would work or not out of the box as a recent cam introduction has had to many problems.

100% tested and working is a great sales pitch.

Will this have a metal cmos holder? After the mobius went to a FRP cmos holder and video went out of focus this is a concern.

What kind of lens covers will be available? Will one be made with a filter to reduce glare?

Hi @country_hick
1) Simply yes, but you also have to work within your quality parts own confines, so we had to cut a feature (until we hope our next firmware update once the camera is released), because we wanted to push the boundaries with our hardware, however, this will create problems so we decided for the camera to really release a solid stable product first, and then we can build from there. No point having shakey foundations and a beautiful house, it's better to have solid foundations and build the house out. Same principle for our camera.

2) I agree, however, we're going to take a different tact on this one and do something called 3.5 layer verification. Actually that's a lie, I'm not sure if it is called that but we are calling it. So the manufacturer will QA it to our standards (which we have agreed), then they will ship it to an independent QA facility who will verify, test everything. Any faulty products will be replaced etc. Then, the good products will be tested again by another indepedent QA facility, and the same will happen. Then the good products are shipped to our Chinese employee who will do a 'random' sample test. Where she'll pick about 30 or so and just randomly test them. If they pass, everything is shipped to us in the UK, where ANOTHER random sample test will be carried out. If this passes, then we ship out to the customers.

Whilst we cannot guarantee that this will get rid of all faulty/bad cameras, we can greatly reduce how many occur and it is far easier for us to deal with them in China than it is in the UK.

3) I'd prefer not to release this information just yet as it is not finalized.

4) We do have an idea for a CPL filter over the camera lens and other available filters (if there is enough demand), but these will probably not be released until AFTER the camera has been released. The CPL filter is on our roadmap for release but our focus regarding our time, effort, and well, money is on the camera at the moment.

Thanks for answer Dan.
These GPS I have fixed was more than 2 years old, but less 4 years. Some people just like to keep thing and think it’s an easy fix.

I have been reading in this forum, the last couple of month and I really like you product on paper.

1. Small.
2. No screen. Less to fail.
3. Capacitors. No battery to get cooked.
4. The fact you got some experience, what not working in a camera as dealer and try to build a better camera with people from inside and outside of China.
5. Dealer in USA.

Ps: Hope the microphone is sensitive enough to pick up a voice from a cop, if you get stopped.

I will keep an eye on this product and mostly gonna buy it.

@ country I’m ready to pay $5 extra for quality and test.

@Viking thank you for the nice words and encouragement. We did a LOT of research into this so we hope we got it right. The microphone being sensitive is something we have focussed on but it can also be 'dimmed' it's sensitivity if people are not too fussed about it but want some sound. This feature again has not been confirmed as we are still in the pre-alpha stage, though at the moment we have no reason this cannot work.

Will the PC program be able to do all that the APP can do? Some people may have laptops or windows tablets.

@country_hick the PC Program will NOT be able to stream (to begin with anyway). Apart from that everything should be the same.

As far as USB ports go, I prefer mini over micro any day, twice on Sunday.
Mini is much stable compared to micro port/plug.
One of my dashcams micro USB port isn't snug enough.
Never had any issue with mini though but I think as long as the micro plug and port both are of decent quality, it should be okay.

@Sunny the USB may change but at the moment we are pretty happy with micro. We're trying to make this as universal as we can and micro-USB is probably the most universal type of USB about.

a good quality Micro USB plug and socket is no issue, a lot of products don't use good quality plugs and sockets, that's an issue

@jokiin exactly, unlike a lot of the Chinese that only care about saving 0.1USD to create more profit, we would prefer to spend an extra $2usd take a hit on profit but get far higher reliability.

Also, any errors on the website please let me know either via PM or at www.joovuu.com/contact as it is quite hard to keep up with it here, and we'll get them corrected ASAP.

Any more questions just ask.

Kind regards,

Dan

Am I correct in thinking that SD card recording times would be about half what they are now using the highest resolution possible?

I would suggest having 3 adapters available for the micro USB plugin. 1 going up. 1 going down. 1 going to the side not having the HDMI port. That way whatever orientation the cam is placed in hooking up the USB cable will be easy. The adapter would also take any wear from unplugging and plugging in the cable instead of the cam itself. I would expect these to be extra cost accessories not standard equipment.

Looking at my current car and truck I barely have room to mount a mobius sized cam above my rear view mirror. Having an angled usb port (or one on the top of the cam) would make fitting a cam much easier and would be a more compact solution.

Last edited:
Am I correct in thinking that SD card recording times would be about half what they are now using the highest resolution possible?

I would suggest having 3 adapters available for the micro USB plugin. 1 going up. 1 going down. 1 going to the side not having the HDMI port. That way whatever orientation the cam is placed in hooking up the USB cable will be easy. The adapter would also take any wear from unplugging and plugging in the cable instead of the cam itself. I would expect these to be extra cost accessories not standard equipment.

Looking at my current car and truck I barely have room to mount a mobius sized cam above my rear view mirror. Having an angled usb port (or one on the top of the cam) would make fitting a cam much easier and would be a more compact solution.

Hi @country_hick
We have various plans for accessories and mounts etc for the camera, and this will be released in due time. At the moment we are focusing upon the development of the camera as without an actual camera all these great ideas are redundant.

We have a plethora of accessories we will wanting to be testing when we come to that stage and this will also be done through the beta testing of the camera.

Kind regards,

Dan

I have never had a need for any accessories for any of my camera, due to the way i use them i normally have to come up with my own way of mounting it to somthing.
Okay i did use the under water housing that came with my gopro ( pre HD ) but if that housing dident come with the camera i would not have put my camera in that situation, or i would have made my own waterproofing.

Just make a good camera Dan, that will be good enuff for many ppl in regard to RC and dashcam use. :)

Decided to try out my luck, so i too have signed up for beta testing.

@country_hick
the bigger power button on the right side of the camera is the SOS button @JooVuu

I see a minor design flaw.

The event button on the side would be in the wrong location for me. In the USA we drive on the other side of the road. With the cam right side up finding that button would be awkward. Installing the cam upside down could place it in a less than desirable spot. Maybe you will have a mounting bracket that allows the cam to be mounted either way in a car like the mobius does?

To me having the event button on top makes more sense. Of course, everyone else could disagree with this perspective. Maybe it is because I am planning on mounting a dash cam on top of my double jointed rear view mirror stalk. Pushing a button on the side could misalign the cam from where it should be aimed.

The event button on the side would be in the wrong location for me. In the USA we drive on the other side of the road. With the cam right side up finding that button would be awkward. Installing the cam upside down could place it in a less than desirable spot. Maybe you will have a mounting bracket that allows the cam to be mounted either way in a car like the mobius does?

To me having the event button on top makes more sense. Of course, everyone else could disagree with this perspective. Maybe it is because I am planning on mounting a dash cam on top of my double jointed rear view mirror stalk. Pushing a button on the side could misalign the cam from where it should be aimed.

It seems to me that when mounted as a dash cam, pinching the JooVuu-X between one's thumb and index finger would easily operate the event button no matter which side of the camera it is on regardless of whether you are in a left or right hand drive vehicle.

@country_hick, I for one am very grateful that you have informed Dan that we here in the US drive on the opposite side of the road than in the UK. Heaven only knows what might have happened otherwise. :eek:

Last edited:
It seems to me that when mounted as a dash cam, pinching the JooVuu-X between one's thumb and index finger would easily operate the event button no matter which side of the camera it is on regardless of whether you are in a left or right hand drive vehicle.

@country_hick, I for one am very grateful that you have informed Dan that we here in the US drive on the opposite side of the road than in the UK. Heaven only knows what might have happened otherwise. :eek:
Lol... we drive on left here? No wonder other drivers were honking at me. :D

Don't need an event button as long as a tap on the back will lock the files, be nice if the G-sensor ignored vertical G (ie potholes) for event triggering...

G-sensor angle specific triggers is an interesting idea
Yes, tap on the back = file lock, tap on the right side = photo, tap on the left side = marker (clicking on a marker in the viewer software takes you to the exact spot, as used on google maps).

Yes, tap on the back = file lock, tap on the right side = photo, tap on the left side = marker (clicking on a marker in the viewer software takes you to the exact spot, as used on google maps).

For anyone driving on anything other than pristine urban roads in a perfect genteel environment, this is an absurd idea.

For anyone driving on anything other than pristine urban roads in a perfect genteel environment, this is an absurd idea.
Well it may need some calibration to match the car's suspension, but I find a tap on the back of the mini 0806 to record a clip much easier than using the buttons! Little buttons and driving don't go well together.

UK drives the left lane,but after install the camera with car suction cup mount,the power button was also left side.And dash camera need to leave space for drivers to press easily..It shall not be a problem,our shop owner told USA market is big and design that on purpose.
Actually,since already have WIFI feature,could increase a wired remote control button in the future....(But that means open a mould additionally)But just an idea.

Sounds like a recipe for recording the accident you caused by taking a hand off the steering wheel, & distracting your attention from driving.

Better to leave the friggin' camera alone, & keep your focus on the road ahead.

Don't need an event button as long as a tap on the back will lock the files, be nice if the G-sensor ignored vertical G (ie potholes) for event triggering...
Finger tap on the back (cancel G-sensor) will lock the files? Do you mean this?Then it is too easily lock all files and made the card full and makes the camera finally looks like missing files.

Finger tap on the back (cancel G-sensor) will lock the files? Do you mean this?Then it is too easily lock all files and made the card full and makes the camera finally looks like missing files.
A finger tap on the back of most cameras with a G-sensor should lock the current file. The G-Sensor detects shocks, doesn't matter if it is a shock from a finger or from another vehicle. If it ignores vertical G force then you can set it at a reasonable sensitivity for finger operation.

In reality how many times do you really need to lock a file? Unless your making dumb driver videos, You hardly touch it and you're usually close enough to home to not have that file overwritten if something important happens. Most cameras are hidden behind the rear view mirror, so getting to tap the back isn't feasible, especially at speed. A pinch is better as long as the button is positive enough to feel.

The more advance the camera get, the more can there can go wrong. I will feel cheated if I
don’t get what I pay for and it’s functional. And I don’t care how difficult it’s for JooVuu to deliver.

So make a camera that have fewer function, but higher quality, that deliver what it promised to do.

When its works and people are happy (hopeful from the beginning). Joovuu can start to add extra function to the firmware as beta version and later firmware update, when its prove to work.

I always want to have fresh brewed coffee in the car. So make a tap, tap, tap function that start that process. Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap mean espresso (I’m impatient or my hand start to shake). :)

Back