JooVuu X Camera

I always want to have fresh brewed coffee in the car. So make a tap, tap, tap function that start that process. Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap mean espresso (I’m impatient or my hand start to shake). :)
Excellent idea, I wonder if we could configure it using Morse code instead of having to take our eyes off the road to look at the menus?

In reality how many times do you really need to lock a file? Unless your making dumb driver videos, You hardly touch it and you're usually close enough to home to not have that file overwritten if something important happens. Most cameras are hidden behind the rear view mirror, so getting to tap the back isn't feasible, especially at speed. A pinch is better as long as the button is positive enough to feel.
I've never pressed that button in over a dozen dashcams yet, except for testing part.

I've never pressed that button in over a dozen dashcams yet, except for testing part.
I've pressed it once on my mini 0803, wasn't sure if I had actually pressed it hard enough so pressed it again just to make sure. Turns out that a second press cancels the lock on the 0803 and so I lost the clip of a Koenigsegg. Never used it since, just keep an extra card for multi-day journeys.

I've pressed it once on my mini 0803, wasn't sure if I had actually pressed it hard enough so pressed it again just to make sure. Turns out that a second press cancels the lock on the 0803 and so I lost the clip of a Koenigsegg. Never used it since, just keep an extra card for multi-day journeys.

On the ones with LCD, don't you have to press twice as the first press just wakes the camera after LCD goes blank?
Confusing.
On the non LCD models like Mobius, joovuux, how do we know if the file is locked or not?
Is there a confirmation chirp/beep or "File locked" voice???

On the ones with LCD, don't you have to press twice as the first press just wakes the camera after LCD goes blank?
Confusing.
On the non LCD models like Mobius, joovuux, how do we know if the file is locked or not?
Is there a confirmation chirp/beep or "File locked" voice???

A beep will occur if the user wants to.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Confusing.
Yes, once to wake the screen up, then once to lock, but since I had my eyes on the road I didn't know if the screen had been on so I didn't know if I needed one press or two, maybe I pressed it three times just to be certain! I got the problem fixed for the mini 0806, you can press that as many times as you like after waking the screen up.

what, no push notifications to your mobile!

sorry, was just getting carried away like everyone else with crazy ideas there ;)

Sadly no. We were going to have a feature installed, where if the emergency lock button was installed, tiny wings and a little hand would sprout from the camera, fly to the nearest window, press the button to wind the window down (or grip it and wind it down), then fly out to a preassigned safe place where it can be picked up.

Sadly, we had to cut this feature as apparently trying to get a permit to 'grow a tiny hand' is harder than I thought. Maybe the next version.

Kind regards,

Dan

Sadly, we had to cut this feature as apparently trying to get a permit to 'grow a tiny hand' is harder than I thought. Maybe the next version.

So you're telling me there's a chance

Maybe instead of a beep it could be a series of censorship bleeps. This would be better the things most of us say when we hit that button

what, no push notifications to your mobile!

sorry, was just getting carried away like everyone else with crazy ideas there ;)
Inventions come through crazy ideas and some ideas posted here are genuine questions/ideas.

Your idea of event clips to mobile is not crazy either and doable.
Wifi enabled cameras already exist here to access files wirelessly so it's just matter of software to auto save them to configured phone.

Everyone is over-thinking this issue. All dash cams have microphones so just program the firmware to recognize a verbal activation command (like 'OK Google' or 'SIRI') and any number of things are possible. "OK Camera - lock file", "OK Camera - Send file", "OK Camera - Enter Park Mode", "OK Camera - Take Still Picture", etc. :)

Everyone is over-thinking this issue. All dash cams have microphones so just program the firmware to recognize a verbal activation command (like 'OK Google' or 'SIRI') and any number of things are possible. "OK Camera - lock file", "OK Camera - Send file", "OK Camera - Enter Park Mode", "OK Camera - Take Still Picture", etc. :)

"Ok JooVuu"

There is many project on the internet, where people develop Free and open-source software, if there can get driver to the hardware. That could be a possibility.

From Joovuu point of view, he is still in charge of his hardware and software to begin with. If a group of people decide to take challenge up, It could end up with the best software on the marked. That could be a sell point from Joovuu. If joovuu decide to make a newer model, he could work together with the group and both of them could benefit from it.

Kodi (xbmc), freenas, pfsense, filezilla, ispyconnect, Ubuntu,vlc ….. ect.

Back