Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Hi,
Do you know whether the new version of C lens is avaiable for purchase? Or maybe developer still working on it?

I just emailed and ordered one last week from BuyMobius.com. It arrived Friday and I have confirmed it's the new detachable ribbon "C" lens. BuyMobius.com had great service and fast shipping for me in the US. I assume they'd be good for international as well.

Just as an information, I don't expect a fix, but it took me by surprise:
Mobius without lens connected can't be neither charged, nor connected as mass storage to a computer. I tested with 2 units, one of them it's a V3 HW.
At first attempt the blue led turns on for a moment (and the green one too if the battery is depleted), but then nothing happens. At subsequent attempts there is no led activity. After few minutes the camera gets a little bit warm, and, even with a lens connected, it doesn't react to charger or computer, it needs to be reseted.

Just as an information, I don't expect a fix, but it took me by surprise:
Mobius without lens connected can't be neither charged, nor connected as mass storage to a computer. I tested with 2 units, one of them it's a V3 HW.
At first attempt the blue led turns on for a moment (and the green one too if the battery is depleted), but then nothing happens. At subsequent attempts there is no led activity. After few minutes the camera gets a little bit warm, and, even with a lens connected, it doesn't react to charger or computer, it needs to be reseted.
That is to be expected. The lens module is an integral part of the camera and needs to be initialized when the camera is started. The camera was not designed to be turned on without a lens attached. After all, the lens is not 'plugable' in the true sense.

I just wanted to charge it :) I was testing a setup where it's not easy to pull out the lens and where I don't have a power source yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've asked "eletoponline365" seller on eBay about those new lenses.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/161577541220
Hi friend,

Thanks for your message. The lense module is new one now, we just forget to update the picture on the listing. We will update it today. You can buy the item on ebay, we will ship it to you soon later.

Regards,
Mandy

You can also buy "updated C lens" (we should establish a name for it) on separate auction -> https://www.ebay.com/itm/151570716045
So I guess updated version is officially in stock :)

How about in windows?

Without any software the only way is to do properties then if read only is checked then that is write protected
There's a much easier method. With Windows you can add/remove as many columns in the explorer file list as you wish.
Right click on one of the column titles (Name, Date modified, Type, Size, etc.). On the pop-up window that appears click 'More'. Now click the 'Attributes' check-box and then click OK.
Now, whenever you list any files in the given folder you will see their attributes.
You can easily sort your files based on their attribute, or any other property for that matter. Just click on the 'Attributes' column header to neatly sort all your read-only (locked) files. Click on the column header again and the files will be listed in descending order.
In addition to the attribute I also like to select the 'Length'. The video length is then also shown in the file list. BTW, if you don't like the sequence of the columns you can simply drag/drop them into the position you want.
Once you have the list sorted by the attribute you can simply select a block of files you wish to change and then right-click one of the selected files and then select 'Properties' in the window that appears. In the dialog that pops up simply remove the check mark for the 'Read-Only' Attribute, click OK, and all the files selected will be unlocked.

Part of the above may be possible with the Mac, but most likely the Mac's functionality is very limited unless you use a third-party tool.

Can I just make comment on here that I've been thoroughly impressed with not only the quality and design of the Mobius camera that I purchased direct from the manufacturer via their ebay shop a few weeks ago, but also for the excellent quality of help and support provided by the many more knowledgeable users on this forum who chose to answer my questions rather than ridicule me whenever I've asked some pretty basic questions. It's only easy if you know the answer...

So thank you to all concerned who took the time and effort to reply which is much appreciated.

Can I just make comment on here that I've been thoroughly impressed with not only the quality and design of the Mobius camera that I purchased direct from the manufacturer via their ebay shop a few weeks ago, but also for the excellent quality of help and support provided by the many more knowledgeable users on this forum who chose to answer my questions rather than ridicule me whenever I've asked some pretty basic questions. It's only easy if you know the answer...

So thank you to all concerned who took the time and effort to reply which is much appreciated.

Well richcam, you immediately turned around and offered to share your knowledge to help someone else which is a lot more than some people do when they come to these pages, so you should take a bow yourself. :)

Hi, first time poster and I have a problem I think. Sorry.

Using the möbius as a dashcam and it's connected to a 12V ciggy socket in the car that has permanent power so I disconnect every evening or when parking up for a few hours etc

My question is, if I simply pull the plug then the camera shuts down straight away and I lose that file that it is currently recording.

In my old car, a BMW it was connected to a socket too but the BMW electrical system went dead after 16 mins and it shut the camera down automatically with this but it always kept the last recording.

Ami missing something here?

Thanks,
Keith.

Part of the above may be possible with the Mac, but most likely the Mac's functionality is very limited unless you use a third-party tool.

On the Mac you simply highlight a file or a whole folder, right click and select 'Get Info' and there you can set permissions.

Hi, first time poster and I have a problem I think. Sorry.

Using the möbius as a dashcam and it's connected to a 12V ciggy socket in the car that has permanent power so I disconnect every evening or when parking up for a few hours etc

My question is, if I simply pull the plug then the camera shuts down straight away and I lose that file that it is currently recording.

In my old car, a BMW it was connected to a socket too but the BMW electrical system went dead after 16 mins and it shut the camera down automatically with this but it always kept the last recording.

Ami missing something here?

Thanks,
Keith.

The Mobius ActionCam has an internal battery which is good for approx 80 minutes so doesn't have to rely on an external power source.

I'm pretty sure that when set up to be used as a dash cam and using the cigarette socket it, when un-plugged it saves the last file before powering down.

If you have a super capacitor fitted then you need to configure the Mobius using the MobiusManager software you must set the 'Power-Off Disconnected' option to IMMEDIATE or you will lose the last recording, you can find this option in the 'Basic Settings' tab as shown in the image below:

mobius-actioncam-configuration-basic-settings.jpg

On the Mac you simply highlight a file or a whole folder, right click and select 'Get Info' and there you can set permissions.
I'm not a Mac user, so maybe you can post how you can list, and sort, the attributes of all the files on the Mobius DCIM folder. My original post described how easy it is to do with Windows. I once tried to do this with a friend's Mac but couldn't figure out how. My aim was to list and copy all the read-only (locked) files to a USB stick.
But, I've learned something :). I didn't know that if you click on folder you can change the attributes of all the files in the folder. That is the same functionality that Windows also has. Like I said, I'm not a Mac user, so I learn from reading.

I'm not a Mac user, so maybe you can post how you can list, and sort, the attributes of all the files on the Mobius DCIM folder. My original post described how easy it is to do with Windows. I once tried to do this with a friend's Mac but couldn't figure out how. My aim was to list and copy all the read-only (locked) files to a USB stick.
But, I've learned something :). I didn't know that if you click on folder you can change the attributes of all the files in the folder. That is the same functionality that Windows also has. Like I said, I'm not a Mac user, so I learn from reading.

Macs give you quite a lot of information, generally more than enough to meet most people's needs but this info is in some cases accessed and controlled in different ways than in Windows. In many ways however, file attributes shown in folder windows are quite similar to Windows but Windows offers vastly more options of what can be viewed.

Here is what the column view options are in OSX. Whatever boxes you check will be listed in the columns.

attributes.gif views.png

In the Mac folder window, locked files will have a small icon on the lower left corner of the image thumbnail. (May be a little hard to see in this view)

locked_files.jpg

Here's a little better look a those lower left corner lock icons.
locks.png

As mentioned by @iDriver, to lock or unlock a single file or entire folder you select it, and go to the "Get Info" window which looks like this.

getinfo.jpg

Last edited:
Well richcam, you immediately turned around and offered to share your knowledge to help someone else which is a lot more than some people do when they come to these pages, so you should take a bow yourself. :)

Cheers Dashmellow, am somewhat embarrassed by your comment because I was only trying to return the favour, it's you guys that were able to help and assist me with setting up using the Mobius that deserve the credit. I just figured that the only posts on here tend to be complaints or requests for help, and noticed that hardly anyone posts a thank you message.

So credit where credit is due... is a great forum :cool: Thank you.

As suggested by @Isoprop, I have started a support thread for the Mobius. Here you will find useful information and support for the Mobius, as well as solutions to many situations. This is your go to guide for any questions or problems so:

Please post all support requests and problems here, do not start a new thread. Read posts #1-8 first. If you can't find your answer there then post your question or support request :D

The information found in posts #1-8 come from the RC Support Thread and is current as of Feb 12, 2014 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559). The authors of this information are Tom Frank and Isoprop to whom we owe a huge Thank You for all their support of this camera and it's users.

If you find any mistakes, please send me a private message, as not to waste space here.

Can anyone tell me whether a Mobius will work in the rear window of a station wagon, powered by a 16 to 18 foot cable from the cigarette lighter in the dash? Or is the cable too long?
Thanks much!

I'm using a 15 ft cable for my rear mobius. I actually don't need a cable that long but that's what I bought so I used it and left the excess under the rear seat. The cable I bought is the Rosewill RCAB-11026 from Amazon. It's a 15-feet USB 2.0 A Male to Mini B 5-pin Male cable. It will turn on & off the mobius fine however I can't use it to connect to my laptop.

Hope this helps!

I'm using a 15 ft cable for my rear mobius. I actually don't need a cable that long but that's what I bought so I used it and left the excess under the rear seat. The cable I bought is the Rosewill RCAB-11026 from Amazon. It's a 15-feet USB 2.0 A Male to Mini B 5-pin Male cable. It will turn on & off the mobius fine however I can't use it to connect to my laptop.

Hope this helps!

Certainly does. The camera works, that's all I need. Thanks!

Back