New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

kloon said:
just orded mine from estore009.

Im thinking to order one more to for car.
My wife got one for her car.

But in friday there was almost an accident whit my car whitout a camera.
And it was not my fault.
So yes. This Camera is great to have in your car!

Edit: orded one for my car from Alibaba.com.
Payed $ 50.99 for it.
My wifes camera come from estore009.

Can anyone chuck an Ebay link of what SD Card they'd recommend for the best video quality (hopefully less gittering)

After convincing myself that it was a good deal to buy a fake camera off ebay for $ 30 (+shipping) (read here) I finally caved in and bought a DVR207 from estore009.
I am pretty sure that this one will be better then the one I have now... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm pretty happy after with the 207 considering it is my first ever dashcam. A question though... has anyone noticed the red and blue lights on the power and record buttons? They are very dim and only visible at night. As far as I can tell, the record button lights up blue 100% of the time, but the power button lights up red only sometimes. Has anyone noticed this and is there any rhyme or reason to it?

208 said:
So I'm pretty happy after with the 207 considering it is my first ever dashcam. A question though... has anyone noticed the red and blue lights on the power and record buttons? They are very dim and only visible at night. As far as I can tell, the record button lights up blue 100% of the time, but the power button lights up red only sometimes. Has anyone noticed this and is there any rhyme or reason to it?

The power light will only be ON when the unit is receiving power from the adapter and the unit is powered ON. The power light goes OFF when the unit is OFF. You can manually turn the unit ON and OFF by holding in the power button for several seconds. If the unit is OFF but still receiving power the power light remains ON.

The Record light is only ON "flashing" when the unit is recording. The light will be ON "dim" when you manually select the record button to cease recording. The record light is OFF when the unit is manually turned OFF.

As far as I can tell that is all the lights, I could be wrong.

Cheers :) Mario

edit - corrected information (Not confusing at all, is it?)

Does this make it any simpler? =)
e9P9w6r.png

Olli said:
Does this make it any simpler? =)
e9P9w6r.png

Awwwww....

You took the mystique out of my explanation ;)

PS - Well done

The problem of refocusing every 1-2 seconds on 1440x1080 mode is present on my unit as well. It happens even when the unit is not in the car (no windshield to focus on) and on a clear day. Clearly a firmware defect.

kwolf said:
The problem of refocusing every 1-2 seconds on 1440x1080 mode is present on my unit as well. It happens even when the unit is not in the car (no windshield to focus on) and on a clear day. Clearly a firmware defect.

Aha, so I'm not the only one to have experienced this phenomenon.

Thankfully, it only happens in the totally useless 1080 mode. Considering that the lens is glued in place, it has to be the 1080 "interpolation" that causes this. While the firmware is trying to figure out what values to give to the missing pixels, it messes up the all the pixels, making the image appear to be out of focus.

mariomart said:
I decided to contact the eBay seller to discuss the issue with the Radio Interference affecting the DVR207.

I received the following reply soon after.

"Dear customer,

Please don't worry,we can help you .

We contacted the engineer in the factory for the problem ,he said that the problem is that the car charger.

They recommand another kinds of better charger,we will purchase it and send it to you ,is that ok ?

If so,please tell your delivery address .

Best regards
Vicky

- estore009"

I have responded with my details so hopefully this should fix the problem. I suggest you contact your sellers to find a solution for you.

hello
sorry if you have already posted the answer (i tried to read the whole thread but i couldnt find it)
my problem in particular is not the radio but the GPS. when i use the charger, sometimes it starts to lose precision, and in the end, the navigation system is positioning my car like 30 meters away from real position, and this causes recalculation of routes all the time.
did you receive already a replacement for the charger?
did it solve the problem?

thanks in advance

petardo said:
hello
sorry if you have already posted the answer (i tried to read the whole thread but i couldnt find it)
my problem in particular is not the radio but the GPS. when i use the charger, sometimes it starts to lose precision, and in the end, the navigation system is positioning my car like 30 meters away from real position, and this causes recalculation of routes all the time.
did you receive already a replacement for the charger?
did it solve the problem?

thanks in advance

Hi,
I haven't received my new charger yet. I found that the ferrite filters helped relieve a lot of the interference and I would advise you try them as an interim measure. Is the GPS an In-dash or widscreen mount? If it is an in-dash GPS do you know where the GPS antenna is located on-top the dash. Try increasing the distance between the wiring and the GPS antenna.

I ordered two of these to use as rear view cams...I didn't read thru all these pages, but is the focusing issue pretty widespread or does it seem isolated to just a few.

Thanks jokiin

If they have some problems with interference, why don't fix it inside the camera and looking for stupid solutions like sending some stupid cable? The people who already bought the camera can think is OK to search for some ferrite or cable solutions but if I have bought this camera I would send it back and ask for my money.
My advice is to not buy until they will not solve the interference problem inside the camera not with some bulky cable.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
If they have some problems with interference, why don't fix it inside the camera and looking for stupid solutions like sending some stupid cable? The people who already bought the camera can think is OK to search for some ferrite or cable solutions but if I have bought this camera I would send it back and ask for my money.
My advice is to not buy until they will not solve the interference problem inside the camera not with some bulky cable.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think this problem is inherent to the design, can be improved but I don't know that it can be eliminated completely, it's built to a price not a standard unfortunately

If the 027 or 007 or any camera like the 207 have not this problem, this mean they made a mistake and should fix it, not let users wait months to get their paid dash cam working. Waiting many days for camera to arrive, then waiting more days for a response, then waiting more days for the stupid cable to arrive, and in the final to see the problem is not nicely solved.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back