Next version of Mobius?

The design is very similar look to the M1, different cable, different button layout, card location etc but close enough to know they are related products

I'm taking bets on how long until we see the first Mobius 2 clones and counterfeits? :D

eBay is so flooded with M1 fakes these days I'm rather surprised that it is allowed to go on like that.

Last edited:
I think fails. Because year 2016 but Only can do record 1080p
Everyone speaking 4K.

No one i know speak 4K, and no one i know have a screen that can play that resolution.

In many cases it seem ppl was expecting a game changing camera, but that will not happen before Apple make one.

Myself i dream about updating my 22" CRT monitor to a LCD screen, but you can be assure it will only be a 1080P screen.

1080/ 60 is fine, 1080/ 120 would have been awsome, and 1080 / 240 is just messing with my brain to a degree where a meltdown is close.

eBay is so flooded with M1 fakes these days I'm rather surprised that it is allowed to go on like that.

impossible to control unfortunately, you need very deep pockets to afford to fight this, even Apple as the richest tech company in the world can't manage to keep it from happening

impossible to control unfortunately, you need very deep pockets to afford to fight this, even Apple as the richest tech company in the world can't manage to keep it from happening

I know, yet eBay has been successfully sued on multiple occasions because of counterfeits, so one might think they would be more proactive about stopping the practice as it is part of their customer agreement. There must be a lot of profit in it even for eBay.

eBay and Chinese Sellers Sued over Counterfeits

EBay Ordered to Pay $61 Million in Sale of Counterfeit Goods

Here its legal to buy counterfit goods, and import them too, but you are not allowed to sell those goods here.

they'll always be going for the big fish, I think at the end of the day the only winners are the lawyers, the real losers are the consumers that end up with sub standard products

The differences between Mobius fakes and the real Mobius' are so obvious eBay could resolve the issue immediately with little effort but they don't, so they are essentially enablers and participants in this criminal behavior while the Federal Trade Commission turns a blind eye. Such is the nature of commerce in today's corporate controlled, special interest dominated USA regulatory environment.

The differences between Mobius fakes and the real Mobius' are so obvious eBay could resolve the issue immediately with little effort but they don't, so they are essentially enablers and participants in this criminal behavior while the Federal Trade Commission turns a blind eye. Such is the nature of commerce in today's corporate controlled, special interest dominated USA regulatory environment.

some are so close it's very hard to tell, even if not close those that want to deceive will use pics of the real thing in their ads so it can be very hard to police, the reality is the fake Mobius is small change compared to some other stuff that goes on at eBay, they have bigger fish to fry, just fake Apple product would be enough to keep them in full time jobs

eBay only reacts when pressed on the issue. That's all anyone needs to know about their motives regardless of how much clout any given manufacturer may have.

eBay only reacts when pressed on the issue. That's all anyone needs to know about their motives regardless of how much clout any given manufacturer may have.

oh yeah while ever it's happening they're still making money, no delusions about where their priorities lie that's for sure

The design is very similar look to the M1, different cable, different button layout, card location etc but close enough to know they are related products
Yes, it is similar, I have watched the unboxing video.

I'm taking bets on how long until we see the first Mobius 2 clones and counterfeits? :D

Most of the Mobius 1 copy use same chipset and sensor as the genuine one.
But for M2, many other company didn't have ability to build products based on M2 chipset, that's also why Mobius take so long time for developing.
If there is a copy, they maybe use Novatek, Sunplus chipset.

Also this depends on the M2 sales, if it is becoming popular fast, the copy will come out soon.

Those silver things are heat sinks, not buttons but nice to see a mostly black camera at any rate. :)

This is interesting:

M2-details.jpg

Assuming the tripod mount is brass as appears here, it'll need some "stealth" work for dash cam use. Also, the notion that the tripod mount is attached with four screws rather than the slide-in cradle seems like it may have some potential downsides depending on how one wishes to use the camera. This is not necessarily a development I'm happy to see.

3.jpg

Last edited:
I do not understand, the fire in RCGroups about M2 , But I do not
understand developers M2 With their review so tatty , they could be more generous and post some pictures with the aspect of the New M2

I do not understand, the fire in RCGroups about M2 , But I do not
understand developers M2 With their review so tatty , they could be more generous and post some pictures with the aspect of the New M2

It's how the operate. They don't ever give any information out.

For example:
- We ordered 100 Lens B cameras. They said everything was fine and shipped everything.
- The next day they released the C lens. No warning no anything.
- We asked them and their response 'we don't release that information'.
- After that we only order Mobius's in small quantities.

We're one of their biggest resellers and that's how they treated us. It hurt. Luckily we managed to shift the B lenses but it was a real eye-opener.

each has its strategy, but can turn against oneself

I do very interested in M2 but there are other alternatives.
It has been a long wait

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Mobius 2 / M2 5
Back