Nextbase 522gw keeps freezing

So "it has to be the firmware" was a bit of a misspeak then (to use the latest jargon)

Not neccessarily.

If the card had an error and the firmware can't handle it and just freezes then it is a firmware issue. If my pc/phone hits an error they tend to mark that segment as bad and don't use it again, they don't just freeze the device. So I am still blaming the firmware.
Have you read forums from a year ago, same issue, Nextbase saying change card etc people bought loads of different cards including nextbase cards. Then nextbase said, oh we found a bug and released a new firmware to fix it.

So yes 100% firmware :)

Can you run your old card through a fake checker (h2testw) as there are a lot about.
I do buy my memory from my memory so hopefully legit. Bear in mind the integral 128gb worked fine in a 412gw, never one issue. The new kingston that freezes was 128gb. The one that worked for hours before freezing was a 32gb.

Could it just be 128gb are more prone to issues?

I started running it through that but said was going to take 2 hours :( I am using a slow sd card reader.

If you've bought from MyMemory then it'll be OK.

I'd bd interested to see what SpeedOut makes of it.

I tried that but its connected to a usb device and most speeds were 19 not sure if thats the limit of the device I use to read cards.

Ah yes, you do need a USB3 card reader or you will get a false reading.

wow, you have a newer firmware version?

wondering if this would be special for your hardware, or shareable?

22.5 is for the 512gw isn't it?

Oh well the never ending saga.

My daughter has a 522gw with a rear camera, uses the Integral SD card and its been fine since April.

I bought same SD card, started well and then started to freeze.

Sod it I thought, get a nextbase one.

That was the worse card, froze after 4 mins into a journey. Froze 3 times in 3 journeys all the same day, all less than 10 minutes in.

So now I will send the nextbase card back, they said got to buy nextbase, I did it didn't fix my issue so back it goes.

Just annoyed I just didn't keep my 412 which never failed.

So I bought a usb 3 card reader.

tested the integral one my daughter uses in her 522gw and she has the rear camera with no issues.

Wrote at 55mbs. Tech support said I need one that writes at 45mbs. I ran it for hours, no issues.

I then tested their one I bought, that wrote at 77mbs.

yet both cards made the dash cam freeze, so its Firmware or an issue with the dashcam.

Luckily I bought from Amazon. So contacted the seller, they said order new one send old one back.

So I have done this. Hopefully the new cam will work otherwise I will send that back :)

Now can I be bothered to send the next base sd card back as its only 32gb or keep for my Video camera or camera..... Decisions....

New dashcam arrived and been testing it on continuous record. 5 hours in on the nextbase card, no issues. So far 4 hours in on the integral card, no issues.

Looks like it was the dashcam that was faulty. Shame support's only ever answer was buy a nextbase sd card.

Got a 522, loved the camera, but the app kept locking up my iPhone and iPad, tried for a few days of resetting and downloading, and said heck with it and sent it back! But when it worked videos were great, but to much hassle on the app!

522GW, 19.1 firmware, tested with multiple properly rated SD cards, freezes frequently when rear view module is attached. Just removed the rear view module to see if that makes a difference.

Nextbase: This isn't good enough. Regardless of whether the SD card has errors or is too slow, the dashcam should never freeze. You need to fix this, and you need to let us know that you intend to fix this.

522GW, 19.1 firmware, tested with multiple properly rated SD cards, freezes frequently when rear view module is attached. Just removed the rear view module to see if that makes a difference.

Nextbase: This isn't good enough. Regardless of whether the SD card has errors or is too slow, the dashcam should never freeze. You need to fix this, and you need to let us know that you intend to fix this.
I've never had an issue with my 522 and rear window cam add on. The only time there is an issue of freezing is when you remove the rear camera before switching the unit off. It has an hissy fit then.

Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk

I've never had an issue with my 522 and rear window cam add on.
Well, I and apparently plenty others have, and I'm not sure how your lack of a problem helps us?

Clearly a dashcam should not freeze during normal operation - not even if we all did indeed use broken SD cards, lied about these cards working everywhere else, lied about them being rated correctly, lied about speed tests etc. Nextbase needs to stop blaming the customer and start trying to fix the problem in their product.

Well, I and apparently plenty others have, and I'm not sure how your lack of a problem helps us?

What's up, time of month?

I was just making the point not every 522 owner has that problem but I've noticed a similar problem as I stated in the comment. [emoji106]

Some people join to complain Rick

What's up, time of month?
Seriously?

I was just making the point not every 522 owner has that problem
Yes, that is quite clear from reading this topic. My intent with posting was to add another voice saying this is an issue for many of Nextbase's customers. Perhaps, with enough voices in enough places, Nextbase will eventually try to fix this problem, helping those of us who have paid to have a piece of useless hardware in our cars. Your comment downplays the issue and adds no new information, so I don't see how that's helping anything?

Seriously?

Yes, that is quite clear from reading this topic. My intent with posting was to add another voice saying this is an issue for many of Nextbase's customers. Perhaps, with enough voices in enough places, Nextbase will eventually try to fix this problem, helping those of us who have paid to have a piece of useless hardware in our cars. Your comment downplays the issue and adds no new information, so I don't see how that's helping anything?

Seriously?

You're very self righteous aren't you?

"It adds no new information" I think you missed the point of my last comment.

You bang on like every single Nextbase product is faulty, for every kn*bhead that comes on the forum in the manner you have just to complain because they've had a problem with a product what about the 1000s of others that are happy with it?

You're clearly new to the forum but coming on as a new member and coming across as a complete weapon isn't the best way to introduce yourself. But keep on I find it comical, I'll leave you to it chum. [emoji23]

But I hope you get your 522 sorted either way, all the best.[emoji106]

Hmm did you just forget to reply to my actual statement in between the name-calling, attacks and deflections? :)

You added no new information. Read the topic. It is already clear that this is not affecting everyone. If you're not contributing to a solution, what's the point of your post?

I've made no claims that every Nextbase product is faulty, so I don't see why you use that as an argument. I've made a claim that this freezing issue is a real issue, for many customers, and that Nextbase should put some effort into solving it. This thread's topic implies it is about a *problem* with the 522GW, not about those who do *not* have a problem with it, no?

I am new to *commenting* on the forum, sure. Does that make my statements less valid somehow?

Anyway, last comment from me, unless of course you have any idea what I can do to get Nextbase to start fixing this.

Back