Ordered one, got a different one. Which is better?

Thanks for the PM response. The SGZC12SG Deluxe Kit is on the way along with additional bonus goodies, and a pre-paid/pre-printed return label for the SG9665GC.

They're actually both good cameras, just different. Why not get both and put one in the rear. :D

Because I already spend too much on this kind of stuff! Or I would! The video quality appear to be great on both, I just decided to go with the touch screen and bigger screen for my old eyes. And I like that it has a buffer. It was a tough decision. I like them both.

When the camera arrives I have to send my heat bloated 0803 in for repair/replacement. It has had so many problems since day one, and once I find out what it costs to ship back to China I may not even do that. If it is cost effective to fix it I may use that as a rear cam.

When the camera arrives I have to send my heat bloated 0803 in for repair/replacement. It has had so many problems since day one, and once I find out what it costs to ship back to China I may not even do that. If it is cost effective to fix it I may use that as a rear cam.

I doubt that it's worth shipping back to China but in all likelihood you just have a swollen battery. Assuming there is no other damage, if you are inclined and have some basic skills you can replace it (with a better quality one) and you're back in business.

Might check that. I should have sent it back before that happened. It just plain gets hot, not at hot as one of the ones I sent back, but now I can't trust it to leave it plugged in without burning my car down (kind of defeats the purpose). But if it were the battery it shouldn't work at all should it? I put its deformed carcass back in the car and it appears to still be working.

Might check that. I should have sent it back before that happened. It just plain gets hot, not at hot as one of the ones I sent back, but now I can't trust it to leave it plugged in without burning my car down (kind of defeats the purpose). But if it were the battery it shouldn't work at all should it? I put its deformed carcass back in the car and it appears to still be working.

The swollen battery could still be putting out some current but even if the camera works you shouldn't be using it. Some people have drilled lots of holes in the casing of the 0803 in an effort to keep it cooler. HERE are the instructions for dismantling the 0803 if you feel like tackling it.

As you probably already know, there are many threads here on DCT about the mini-0803 along with numerous reports of the same heat issues and swollen battery issues you've expereinced like HERE and HERE and HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back