Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

I just ordered 2 of the lexars. My transcend front card just died on me today (locked in a readonly mode). It almost had a good 6 months on it.

You might as well do a warranty claim on the Transcend and keep them for backups, other devices, or sell them on ebay etc.
http://www.transcend-info.com/Warranty

Got a flat battery this morning from the X2 as I've been running this FW with the BDP turned off..... What's the recommended voltage cutoff? I'm in the UK, if that makes a difference

I think 12.4v is the recommended one with this mate as they changed the cable loss settings internally so it's actually 12.1v - your milage will vary depending on the car but I know my VW starts to see some strange electrical quirks when I go to 11.8V.

I never had issues with BDP turned off but I do tend to always do at least an hour of driving every day and the car rarely gets parked up for a day.

I don't even remember seeing the option to change the voltage - which menu is it under? 1.02.05

I think 12.4v is the recommended one with this mate as they changed the cable loss settings internally so it's actually 12.1v - your milage will vary depending on the car but I know my VW starts to see some strange electrical quirks when I go to 11.8V.

I never had issues with BDP turned off but I do tend to always do at least an hour of driving every day and the car rarely gets parked up for a day.
I hadn't driven it since Friday morning

Is the firmware ever going to be fixed?
Sill have no rear camera on g events in parking mode.
Motion detection in parking mode is to sensitive. I mean it captures clouds passing by.
The voltage cut off is still flakey
And it still locks up.

Those lockups are usually always filesystem related - if you ever notice the X2 starting to act odd it's usually worth pulling the cards and running them through chkdsk on a PC or Disk Utility on a Mac and they'll show filesystem issues. As @Dionic90 formats every day it's probably why he never sees these sorts of issues.

I go nearly 6 days on the 128 sandisk cards, usually format on monday and pop them out on saturday or sunday morning to review. i pop in the 64 gb sandisk cards for that 24-36 hour period. dont experience ant lockups and i dont use the power saver cut off option either.

Ah I thought it was every day you formatted mate - are you running firmware 1.02.05 now then?

You sure it's 12.4v? I just went out for 30 mins for a drink with some friends and it had shut off. I then got back home, shut off my car to open my garage door, got back in my car and it had shut off again!

With my basic knowledge of batteries I think if your car battery has recently been fully discharged it might quickly drop below the minimum threshold until it has been given a decent full charge again (24hrs hooked up to a trickle charger). Also battery age and type affects output and 'damage' fro a full discharge.

Last edited:
I was running 2 x Lexar 300X 64GB cards in my X2 (bought the cards before I realised the problems with the X2) and over the weekend we parked at the airport. Cards worked fine going to the airport and the week prior but when getting back into the car after 3 days the X2 booted and gave a "insert front card" error. It would not let me format the card and I tried swapping the bottom one to the top but same error.

Checking the cards on the PC showed that BOTH cards were 'not formatted' but could easily be seen and formatted by the computer. Both ran a full h2testw test with no problems.

This occurred during parking mode, BOTH cards were not visible to the X2 and were corrupted by the X2 but ran fine on a PC.
Even if 300X cards are not 'fast enough' why would it corrupt both cards and then make them unusable in the cam until formatted again?
Is parking mode less strenuous on the hardware (writing smaller files) than in normal mode? If so why did this occur during parking mode?

Hello! Does anyone knows when 1.02.05 will appear?

Thank you! But it will not be easy. X2 was a present from USA from my friend and I don't know where he bought it. Can someone send it to me by mail?
I would be very grateful.

Thank you! But it will not be easy. X2 was a present from USA from my friend and I don't know where he bought it. Can someone send it to me by mail?
I would be very grateful.

As far as I can tell it has not been officially released yet but @Pier28 will be able to help you.

I had another failure on 1.02.05 today with my Lexar 633x 128GB exFAT-formatted cards.

The car had been parked in my garage for 24 hours and had exceeded the 6-hour parking mode timeout. Upon starting the car, the X2 appeared to boot normally, then displayed the green dot but no time counter for what seemed like a really long time until the screen went black and non-responsive. I pulled the power plug and drive off.

Upon return, I examined both cards from my PC. 106GB had been used on the front card and 93GB on the rear, about 7 days worth of data, with no missing content from what I could quickly tell from skimming date/time stamps.

I will externally format to FAT32 and see if that makes any difference going forward.

I had another failure on 1.02.05 today with my Lexar 633x 128GB exFAT-formatted cards.

The car had been parked in my garage for 24 hours and had exceeded the 6-hour parking mode timeout. Upon starting the car, the X2 appeared to boot normally, then displayed the green dot but no time counter for what seemed like a really long time until the screen went black and non-responsive. I pulled the power plug and drive off.

Upon return, I examined both cards from my PC. 106GB had been used on the front card and 93GB on the rear, about 7 days worth of data, with no missing content from what I could quickly tell from skimming date/time stamps.

I will externally format to FAT32 and see if that makes any difference going forward.

@reverend suspects that 128GB Lexar 633x cards are not MLC I'm afraid. Only the 64GB 633x cards are confirmed to be MLC and seem to behave in the X2 as expected. Try manually formatting FAT32 for the larger 128GB cards as a test.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back