PANORAMAII(II S) bought on Ebay. Getting screwed around by shpkorea (Ebay seller)

As an update...

I sent back the defective camera back to the seller (shpkorea) as stated back on May 12th. It was delivered yesterday. Took almost 2 months. I have yet to hear from the seller, or get the refund he promised. I'll give him time of course, but if he doesn't respond, I'll file a claim with Paypal/Ebay, and start a new thread about him on this site, because I know he responds to what's said on this site :)

As an update...

I sent back the defective camera back to the seller (shpkorea) as stated back on May 12th. It was delivered yesterday. Took almost 2 months. I have yet to hear from the seller, or get the refund he promised. I'll give him time of course, but if he doesn't respond, I'll file a claim with Paypal/Ebay, and start a new thread about him on this site, because I know he responds to what's said on this site :)

That's unacceptable. FYI, Pier28 is now shipping the all new Panorama MATTE BLACK Eddition to the USA, and to our Canadian friends across the boarder.
We always go out of our way to provide over the top customer service and support. We just overnighted one to a customer leaving for vacation the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an update...

That is super SLOW. Especially considering how quickly the system works when they're sending to elsewhere

The seller has responded asking why I didn't send back the accessories (power cable/suction cup) as well. I sent them only the bare camera, as per their instructions to only ship back the camera itself. They claim I never wanted a refund which is bogus. I have kept all the emails. I told them I will give it 2 more days and if my money isn't in my Paypal account, I will file a claim against them, and slam them on this site. I'm tired of getting the run-around.

Don't buy from shpkorea!!

Aren't there some US / Canadian regulations which restrict how batteries can be shipped to Korea which is why it takes so long (i.e. surface shipping)?

shpkorea have a good reputation on here from what I've read. Having a local reseller does make things easier though - I try and buy everything from Amazon where possible as they have great after service.

Hope you get it sorted ASAP

I know. I expressly asked the seller if I should send the whole package back, and he replied just to send the bare camera only. Accessories themselves are not much anyway.

It's the gamble you take buying offshore and saving a few dollars I guess

At the time, I followed the only link on the main page on where to buy it. There was no mention that there was a US-based seller. If I had known, I would have bought it from the US.

I know you're listed on there now, but at the time I looked at that page. It stated that shpkorea was the only authorized seller. That's the only reason I went with him. Other than my last email with him a few days ago, he has remained silent. I'll give him another day to refund my money, then I'll file a claim with Ebay, as well as slam him on this site. It isn't right.

Hi I'm pretty much in a similar situation like yours, just about to send my (probably faulty) camera back to shop Korea. You're right by the way... It says in their instructions that we're supposed to send them only the bare camera. I'm not even going to ask them about that, I'll send the whole package. Should've ordered from US seller... Maybe a couple bucks more because of the shipping but at least there's no need to wait ages and ages for it to arrive.
Good thing I have a g1w for the meantime.

Shpkorea finally refunded my money today, after much arm bending and BS. He didn't refund my return shipping costs, as he said he would do. Thank God that chapter is over. I can not recommend shpkorea at all. Also bought a Panorama from RoadCam tonight. Save yourself lots of grief, and buy from a seller who actually knows what customer service is all about.

Last edited:
Back