Powerucc Panorama2

Why then does not complete update and upgrade DVR dependent

Why then does not complete update and upgrade DVR dependent
Probably because you were holding down buttons all the time? Need to release buttons right after firmwared upgrade started.

Yes, probably. Is there no way to recover?

Yes, probably. Is there no way to recover?
So, at the moment when you connect it to power source, the blue led turns on but unit does not start up, screen is black, right?

So, at the moment when you connect it to power source, the blue led turns on but unit does not start up, screen is black, right?
everything is so. Yes

everything is so
These are the symphtoms of "brick" :(
Can be restored only by manufacturer. Unfortunately wrong way of firmware upgrade is not covered by warranty, you going to need to pay for 2-way shipping cost.
As a last chance, try to remove a RTC battery inside unit and leave for few hourse then put back. Maybe it will help ?

These are the symphtoms of "brick" :(
Can be restored only by manufacturer. Unfortunately wrong way of firmware upgrade is not covered by warranty, you going to need to pay for 2-way shipping cost.
As a last chance, try to remove a RTC battery inside unit and leave for few hourse then put back. Maybe it will help ?
Thank you! Try to remove the battery.

I just bougt the PANORAMAII(II S) from shpkorea.

The seller sent me the following instruction:
1. Please do not try to do firmware upgrade even if your camera doesn't work as expected. Instead let us know your problem first.

Why shouldn't I do a firmware-upgrade on the cam? I am confused. Do you have an idea?

I just bougt the PANORAMAII(II S) from shpkorea.

The seller sent me the following instruction:
1. Please do not try to do firmware upgrade even if your camera doesn't work as expected. Instead let us know your problem first.

Why shouldn't I do a firmware-upgrade on the cam? I am confused. Do you have an idea?

That's basic CYA to minimize RMA. They are worried customers won't be careful enough when upgrading the firmware. Just follow Niko's instructional video to the letter and you'll be fine.
http://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/#Firmware_Update_Instructions
Bare careful is all, you don't want to "brick" your device rushing or assuming what to do.

Yes, if you brick your device whilst trying to upgrade the firmware, you're outta luck because you voided the warranty in doing so.

SD card question:
Before my Panorama II went out of focus and bit the dust, I'd bought a SanDisk 64GB microSDXC for another device. I tested it on the P-II and it worked flawlessly. I've seen other posts that are against microSD cards and I'm wondering why. Once my new Panorama arrives, I'll want to buy a 64GB card for it too. So, the question is, what's wrong with microSDs? This one cost me about $42 and the full size SDs cost twice as much, at least!

Heat is the main issue. The adapters aren't rated for dealing with the heat generated.
I don't know about the CAD$ exchange rate, but we can get 64GB full sized SDXC Samsung cards pretty cheaply
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171335031939
Much better quality than Sandisk.
If full sized cards are costing more than microSD, then something's a miss. Last time I checked micro cards were more expensive. Could be different these days, though.

Heat is the main issue. The adapters aren't rated for dealing with the heat generated.
I don't know about the CAD$ exchange rate, but we can get 64GB full sized SDXC Samsung cards pretty cheaply
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171335031939
Much better quality than Sandisk.
If full sized cards are costing more than microSD, then something's a miss. Last time I checked micro cards were more expensive. Could be different these days, though.

Thank you, I appreciate the tip about the heat.

As for the price, your link was a start. The curious thing is that in U.K the same sells for 54 pounds, about $92, in Hong Kong it sells for $80 and in Korea, $77. I found one in U.S. for around $35. The seller says it's 100% Samsung but do I want to take the chance? It's half as much as the Korean seller charges.

Here in Canada, I can't even find Samsung for sale. I looked for Samsung before, since the 32GB card that came with the Panorame has been working flawlessly. I can't find anything for a decent price, even if I were willing to spend money on an unknown brand.

SD card question:
Before my Panorama II went out of focus and bit the dust, ........

Did you try to re-adjust the focus and get it right again? Or is there other issues too?
If it's just the focus issue, it should be fixable.

Did you try to re-adjust the focus and get it right again? Or is there other issues too?
If it's just the focus issue, it should be fixable.

Can't adjust the lense, it's glued to a particular position. When I excaust my pleas for warranty service, which so far have been futile, I will open it up and see if an adjustment can be made. The camera has no other issues.

Yeah. As I understand it the lens is screwed together. There's meant to be some glue on the thread to stop it from moving/turning out of focus, but it sounds like some haven't got enough to stop it from turning. Possibly just cleaning the lens may turn it.

SD card question:
Before my Panorama II went out of focus and bit the dust, I'd bought a SanDisk 64GB microSDXC for another device. I tested it on the P-II and it worked flawlessly. I've seen other posts that are against microSD cards and I'm wondering why. Once my new Panorama arrives, I'll want to buy a 64GB card for it too. So, the question is, what's wrong with microSDs? This one cost me about $42 and the full size SDs cost twice as much, at least!

have a look @
this shows why microsd cards are not as good as full size cards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back