Pre-orders

I signed up to say that I thoroughly enjoy and look forward to your blog posts. It shows the level of care and hard work that you've put into your product.

I don't have much to contribute in terms of suggestions as I haven't owned a dashcam before but the Joovuu X might be the first one that I try. I look forward to more news, updates and reviews. Keep up the good work!

Hi @ironchefff
Firstly, welcome to the forum. Secondly, i'm glad you look forward to them, it really means a lot when someone takes the time to read them and it seems to have an impact on them.

I started the blog because there were quite a lot of misconceptions, reality vs perceived reality, and also because it is actually quite an interesting world. Again, thank you for the encouragement and hopefully we can turn you into a sale...pre-orders go live today....

Dan

Hi @ironchefff
Firstly, welcome to the forum. Secondly, i'm glad you look forward to them, it really means a lot when someone takes the time to read them and it seems to have an impact on them.

I started the blog because there were quite a lot of misconceptions, reality vs perceived reality, and also because it is actually quite an interesting world. Again, thank you for the encouragement and hopefully we can turn you into a sale...pre-orders go live today....

Dan
The more you see from @kamkar1, @Padwanjoe the better this camera is looking :)

yeah it either needs a bend in the shaft to allow more movement or an angled base...........

the challenge I've seen from the shorter ones is they don't have enough adjustment to compensate for the windscreen angle and end up pointing too far down

OK, so I took another stab at a Pshop rendering of a small, discreet, adhesive attached, tripod threaded windshield mount with ball & socket adjustability. For all the reasons discussed previously in this thread I do hope we get to see something like this eventually become available for the JooVuu-X.

minitiltmount4.jpg minitiltmount5a.jpg

Last edited:
What is the maximum resolution the camera actually records at? The pre-order page states 2.5k (which would suggest 2560x1440) but the screenshots and videos posted so far are no higher than 2560x1080.

Which is it?

If I got this right, the GPS will be external, and it'll arrive later, need more production time, right? Via which port will it connect, inside the USB power cord?

Does it have automatic shutdown, low voltage setting? Does the USB power cord feed 5V or 12V power? Does it split for always on parking mode BATT wire and ACC+ wire?

What does microSD OTG mean? On The Go, how is it relevant to a microSD card?
Please don't force ****ty and small sized microSD cards by bundling them, it's a waste of time and money for everyone. People know how to buy their own microSD cards.

Working temperature seems a bit low +60C, especially for dash cam environments...

What is the maximum resolution the camera actually records at? The pre-order page states 2.5k (which would suggest 2560x1440) but the screenshots and videos posted so far are no higher than 2560x1080.

Which is it?

The test I did was at 2560 x 1080P so far. I'll wait for JooVuu to comment further on what the system is actually capable of. The whole 2K/2.5K/4K marketing "lingo" people use is always a bit skewed out there it seems. (similar to 2G/3G/4G etc) We'll be sure to use the appropriate terminology asap.

If I got this right, the GPS will be external, and it'll arrive later, need more production time, right? Via which port will it connect, inside the USB power cord?

Does it have automatic shutdown, low voltage setting? Does the USB power cord feed 5V or 12V power? Does it split for always on parking mode BATT wire and ACC+ wire?

What does microSD OTG mean? On The Go, how is it relevant to a microSD card?
Please don't force ****ty and small sized microSD cards by bundling them, it's a waste of time and money for everyone. People know how to buy their own microSD cards.

Working temperature seems a bit low +60C, especially for dash cam environments...

The sample I'm testing has the GPS integrated into the mini-USB power supply. I'm not sure if this is the final one, but seems pretty good.

I saw some settings to tell it how long to stay on at power loss. I'll go more into this on my beta findings review thread soon.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ull-res-screen-shots-raw-video-footage.14389/

There is no built in battery discharge prevention (low voltage settings) that I'm aware of. Probably best to plan on getting a 3rd party battery discharge prevention hard wire kit such as the PANOBDP Multi Safer or equivalent.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...charge-prevention-device-ms-multi-safer.4603/

The included power adapter converts 12V to 5V mini-USB power.

OTG means if you plug the camera into an Android device, you'll be able to read the files directly. I'm still waiting to learn if this is working now or is the intended meaning. It's becoming more common for devices to support "OTG" so you can access files directly without ejecting the card or using slower wifi transfers. JooVuu can confirm further what's up here.

The total package, specs on paper working temps are always officially lower if the Ambarella CPU advertises their rating to be a certain value. "Real World" heat chamber tests often times will prove this spec wrong as a whole and the over all camera rating will be a much higher value in reality. This is common in many products. Some manufactures stretch the true I think and gloss over the official temps. I think it's better to be honest and explain it the way I just did. JooVuu can confirm if my assumption is correct.

Most (not all) of the Street Guardian products come bundled with a card, as we found most people actually like a complete kit read to go. I don't think JooVuu is going this route though. I understand where you're coming form though many like à la carte purchases.

2304 x 1296 is my favorite of the 2 larger resolutions in the camera, but if i upload that footage it youtube it just figure as 1920x1080 so i suppose youtube dont support that format.

Hi All,

first post for new member,but been lurking as a guest user for awhile.

Anyway just wanted to say placed my order for 2 of these units, going to run this on the cellink B device. Which I am getting shipped to the UK. just wanted to say thanks to everyone posting and input which has helped with the JooVoo. Would like to add if possible if implementing voltage shutdown on the device, It would be nice if this could be disabled for the devices like cellink b and Anypower Alpha which has its own voltage cutoff.

I hope that make sence.

Any recommendations on a capacitor battery for these units?

P.S.

I hope the proximity sensor is going to be better than the blackvue,in the sense when you change the sensor setting it actually works, Blackvue its all or nothing, In fact I had to turn it off in the end, as it was constantly recording.

voltage control from the camera only works on 12v~24v powered cameras, these, like most, are 5V USB powered and it can't see your 12v feed to be able to control that

Hi All,

first post for new member,but been lurking as a guest user for awhile.

Anyway just wanted to say placed my order for 2 of these units, going to run this on the cellink B device. Which I am getting shipped to the UK. just wanted to say thanks to everyone posting and input which has helped with the JooVoo. Would like to add if possible if implementing voltage shutdown on the device, It would be nice if this could be disabled for the devices like cellink b and Anypower Alpha which has its own voltage cutoff.

I hope that make sence.

Any recommendations on a capacitor battery for these units?

P.S.

I hope the proximity sensor is going to be better than the blackvue,in the sense when you change the sensor setting it actually works, Blackvue its all or nothing, In fact I had to turn it off in the end, as it was constantly recording.

Hey @OptimalKiller
Welcome to the forum! We got your order and can't wait to get you the cameras.

Kind regards,

Dan

thanks for the warm welcome,

As seen as my Cellink B arrives I will have a spare t-power plus alpha going for free and a semi broken one going for free, All I ask for is for the P&P to be paid for. Im not sure but If Dan wants it for testing the JooVuu device with it he can have first dibs on the device, otherwise its open to anyone.

Cheers

Glyn

I went to pre order and unforunatley I can't. www.joovuu-x.com thinks i've registered before which i haven't.
I can log in to Joovuu okay thou, but the same details don't work on Joovuu X.
Tried reset pasoword many times on Joovuu X, and i never get the link to reset it. so stuck?

I went to pre order and unforunatley I can't. www.joovuu-x.com thinks i've registered before which i haven't.
I can log in to Joovuu okay thou, but the same details don't work on Joovuu X.
Tried reset pasoword many times on Joovuu X, and i never get the link to reset it. so stuck?

Chasing this up now :)

@kevster can you PM me your email please?

@ JooVoo.......... Have I missed a bus......... Did your occupation change from Manufacturer to Retailer o_O

Someone tell me I'm still sane or else :eek:

Back