SG7LA50G

Ok I like the form factor so now it is down to this or the 0806 but I have to see video before u can make the decision.

Ok I like the form factor so now it is down to this or the 0806 but I have to see video before u can make the decision.

the 0806 has a headstart on us already as they've already been doing firmware adjustments for a few months longer than we have, it all takes time

Let's look at it this way. Hardware vs hardware. Firmware can only take you to the hardware limits but cannot over come them. Who has the best hardware, lens/cpu/sensor etc?

Let's look at it this way. Hardware vs hardware. Firmware can only take you to the hardware limits but cannot over come them. Who has the best hardware, lens/cpu/sensor etc?

that's subjective, there's no best of the best, everything has strengths and weaknesses, the 0806 is certainly doing some decent video right now

I would disagree there. Hardware cs hardware is not that subjective. Let's say one is 80mhz the other is 100mhz, one has a cmos sensor that has a higher MP rating, higher operating temp etc. Now firmware is different, is the firmware written properly to take advantage of that hardware, that is where that makes big difference. Like apple vs android, Android phones have better processors, more ram and better graphics but because android software is not as optimized as ios they don't do as well on benchmarks.

the lens and sensor is different, there are strengths and weaknesses to each, even when the firmware is tuned to get the best performance there are still situations that will favour one solution over the other, if there was a single best hardware platform that's all anyone would need to use

firmware is very much the key to getting the best out of any hardware though

If there is one person that can make universal great decisions when it comes to DashCam products it's @jokiin. His attention to detail, premium in depth SDK knowledgeable engineering team, and years of monitoring real world feedback is a recipe for success.

These qualities and more are the reasons why Pier28 is fully behind the new Street Guardian brand. Quality well thought out products with good customer service and support. (global team effort)

Last edited:
that's very flattering but I'm not exempt from making mistakes, wrong choices etc, we do work hard to try and avoid that though and constantly improve what we're doing, we don't make decisions based on price which saves us a lot of grief but there's always work to be done and there is always room for improvement in everything we do

what GPS logging options are there?

Timestamp only?

approx location embedded in video without speed?

now I just need to decide if I should go with this one or the Panorama G. I see that the G runs on 12v which I can pull easier without having to put a 12v>5v converter and it has a cap as well, as opposed to the SG7LA50G which appears to be a more discreet unit and doesn't have embedded speed in the raw video.

Dammit, this looks perfect for me, I loved the form factor of A118 but wasn't impressed by night footage, the new sensor and connected baseplate would have swung me on this but I need it for a chrissy present :(

Might come back in the future though...

Our shipment is on the way from the Factory. It's processing through customs over seas as of today.
I'll let everyone know when the USA stock is ready to ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide the dimensions of the mounting cradle?

Can you provide the dimensions of the mounting cradle?

Not exactly a cradle size, but from other measurements you may calculate approx. cradle size.

Street Guardian SG7LA50G.jpg

Street Guardian SG7LA50G-2.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Street Guardian 7