SG7LA50G

Got my SG7LA50G and installed it without too much trouble. Video quality is seems pretty good so far. Any chance of adding a feature in the firmware to disable startup and shutdown chimes? I prefer the camera to be totally stealth.

There's a bunch of stuff on the to do list already including the tones

Below is total over half hour of my night driving. I have split into few videos.
Two full size videos ( 1 min videos joined ) so you can go trough all possible scenes.
Also I have made a 3 shorter compilation videos from same night for those who dont have time to watch half hour videos.

Because YouTube is not always the best place to watch true video quality, Raw / Original files you may download HERE.

File Data

Video:

Video resolution: 1296p
Overall bit-rate: 24.8Mbps
FPS: 29.97
Video Quality selected: SuperFine
File size 180Mb per 1 min video.

Audio:

2 channel
Bit-rate: 128 Kbps

P.S. Videos were recorded on beta-firmware from 14.12.14. More new firmware updates will be out soon.

Compilations:

Full size videos:

I love seeing the 1440p option in Youtube now, awesome stuff.
From this one
5R9wNOs.png

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together, something I just haven't had time to do myself

I am putting together soon also similar compilation of day time driving with different scenes and raw video files. Just need some time.
I thought night video would be priority to many people, there for first I spent time on night-time.

I love seeing the 1440p option in Youtube now, awesome stuff.
From this one
5R9wNOsl.png

Yeah, thats a good option on YT.

Few things I need to point out:

My "compilation videos" are max. 1080p due to AVS Video Editor I am using to put video together has max option of 1080p. But people can still download raw / origina lvideo files and check them out if needed.
Also strange thing is that Full size of Part -1 I have joined with Registrator Viewer then uploaded to YT, - it's shows on YT as 1440p ( 1296p ), but Part-2 ( ful lsize ) which I have also joined using RV, - it's uploaded to YT at max 1080p, however in my PC it shows 1296p.
Anyway, raw / original files can be downloaded for more detailed inspection if needed ;)

There's a bunch of stuff on the to do list already including the tones

Looking forward to hearing about firmware enhancements. Care to share what you are planning?

Where area you based? Mine arrived in the UK Xmas eve, so hopefully I should get it before new year. Hope you enjoy setting up etc.

I'm in Ohio/USA. Shipping was much quicker than expected and it showed up on Dec 20th. Good stuff!

My "compilation videos" are max. 1080p due to AVS Video Editor I am using to put video together has max option of 1080p.

There is a newer version of AVS Video Editor 7.0 that supports 4K now. (Niko and I already talked offline about it, future video edits should be better) :)

would love to but unfortunately that works against us when we do, it's not just customers that follow what we do

Fair comment too jokiin. Thanks for your Whirlpool comments which have been helpful with the 0803.

Main problems appear to be I require capacitor model with GPS inside and switch-mode PSUs are typically noisy.

Guess the SG PSU is no quieter?

Anyhow, as I have 90 day wait minimum according to my Oncologist for cystoscopy and biopsy, then pathology results, could you please either Whim or PM me when a capacitor/GPS model is available?

Bear in mind the unit, turned off, will need to endure minus 4 C to 45 C ambient here so inside temperature will be off the scale!

Any comments you can make publicly would be much appreciated. ;)

we have some more capacitor based models we're working on, there will be very few models from us with battery next year

The night quality looks great on this one!

Would it be fair to say some highlights (like number plates) seem a bit blown out in the night footage? reading a plate would be of prime concern for a cam.

Would it be fair to say some highlights (like number plates) seem a bit blown out in the night footage? reading a plate would be of prime concern for a cam.

You are right, at night ( also in the evening or cloudy day ) numberplates are "blown out" in the scenes where cars speed are different. In the scenes where your car speed is close to the front- or side lane moving car speed ( almost synchronised ), or you stopped in traffic, then as you can see from video samples, nubmerplates reading is quite clear. If in front of you- or side lane car speed is different than your car speed, then numberplates are getting "blown out". This rule applies to ALL dashcams.
Also big role plays numberplates light reflection and what type of headlights bulbs are used. You may read here: Reading License Plates at Night. HID / Xenon, standard bulbs

Below is simple explanation of what I was trying to say.
I have stopped before traffic light. Front and right side car is also stopped, you can read their numberplates. Left lane car was passing me with a speed around 25-30 km/h and their numberplates are "washed out", as you mentioned earlier. But I must point out again - this rule applies to ALL dashcams that are out there now, no matter if its 50 or 500 usd. Within present technology and hardware used in dashcams, you can not get a better result than that.

SG7 Night Numberplates Reading.jpg

One more example, similar to the previous one: centre car is stopped but from right side line car was moving.

SG7 Night Numberplates Reading 2.jpg

Below you may see side lane car moving at the same speed as my car, so we can see numberplates. As soon as our cars speeds had changed, - I could not read his numberplates from dashcam any more.

SG7 Night Numberplates Reading 3.jpg

Another similar scene.
SG7 Night Numberplates Reading 4.jpg

SG7 Night Numberplates Reading 5.jpg

SG7 Night Numberplates Reading 6.jpg

Below is an example where front moving car speed was same as mine, so numberplates reading are very clear.
SG7 Night Numberplates Reading 7.jpg

SG7 Night Numberplates Reading 8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1296p Sunny Day.
You may see how much difference plays sun if its in front- or behind car. Also dashboard reflection is important factor.

Back