SG9665GC v3 in September 2016? [Edit: NOPE.]

V3 available next month

dual camera a little longer still, we were trying for before Christmas but not sure if we will have everything sorted in time

If the functions and the price are good I will wait for the dual version.
Will the dual camera have a display and/or wifi?

One Important thing, will it be as temperature resistant as the V2 is?

Sounds good
Only thing now is the price

If the functions and the price are good I will wait for the dual version.
Will the dual camera have a display and/or wifi?

One Important thing, will it be as temperature resistant as the V2 is?

While you're waiting, would you like to wait for the forthcoming Street Guardian twin remote lens dashcams instead?
The twin lens/sensors are separate from the electronic PC unit, the latter of which is normally stored in the glovebox etc, so that it is not damaged by the parking heat of the sun.

After all, temperature resistance is something you seem to be concerned about.
And with a separate lens/sensor unit, and a separate electronic PC unit with touch screen, you don't even have to think about complex and troublesome Wi-Fi mobile phone connections.

Presently, Street Guardian only has the single remote lens dash cam in the SGZC12RC V2 for sale.

RC%20Original-850x850_0.jpg

Below, the electronic PC unit with a resistive touch screen can be seen mounted on top of the steering column.
X1%20Mounted%20In%20Car%20(8)-700x700_0.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't mount it on the column unless it gave useful info like speedometer and/or compass heading from GPS data, or maybe if it was for a rear camera, and the camera was properly positioned, then maybe it could be used as a backup camera monitor. but then most times if it's aimed well for backup camera, it will be aimed way too low for normal traffic/dashcam use.

But that's just my opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it. :p

I have 35°C in summer outside
Dont know how hot in my car
And -15°C in winter.
Temperature resistance is important because of that

I have 35°C in summer outside
Dont know how hot in my car
And -15°C in winter.
Temperature resistance is important because of that

Remote lens/sensor dashcams are far more temperature resistant than conventional dashcams mounted on the windscreens.

What are the improvements to the SG9665GC V3 over the V2 supposed to be?

I think it will have a new lens, and V3 will also have the CPL filter included in the package.

Thats the major things i can think of, its not like the V3 will be a totally new camera, its just a product evolving.

V2 currently benefits from beta firmware updates, which have not yet been released for V1. Is this likely to change with V3 becoming the beta test model? Or can V2 & V3 run the same firmware version? I know there's reasons why V1 is not supported for beta testing.

V2 currently benefits from beta firmware updates, which have not yet been released for V1. Is this likely to change with V3 becoming the beta test model? Or can V2 & V3 run the same firmware version? I know there's reasons why V1 is not supported for beta testing.

V2 and V3 will be able to run the same firmware, there may be some different default settings that will be ideal for each but that aside they could both run the same version without issue

1st December tomorrow, any news on V3 coming onto the market?

1st December tomorrow, any news on V3 coming onto the market?
in the second half of December I think will have sellers

Back