SG9665GM

Thanks for the reply......The issue I see is that you want to attract buyers to your version of the B40 and are asking them to pay a premium for features and enhancements but you are not willing to state what those features and enhancements are. In order to evaluate whether one camera is a better buy than another a prospective purchaser will be looking for the unique selling points. Not many buyers will buy a camera that is outwardly identical to another but more expensive.

we're not trying to market to buyers here, I appreciate that buyers here are searching for deals and it won't be attractive to them, don't have a problem with that, the product is sold primarily in the retail channel and the price it sells for reflects that, it might appear to someone that is looking at buying a similar product from China that there is some huge markup but I can tell you that's not the case, the profit margin is not that great, do I want to assist some seller from China to enhance their version and make it even better, not really, it's not that I don't like helping people, I've helped many consumers here out of my own time and get nothing for that, I don't ever hold back from trying to help a consumer have a better experience with their product, helping someone undermine your product that just copies what you do, very counterproductive

I understand your point of view, all i am trying to say is that I would be more than willing to pay a premium for a product, such as the Street Guardian, over what I would pay for a Tiesfong B40 if it was demontstrated to me that I was buying a better product and not just a Tiesfong B40 with the Street Guardian name etched on it. It would be interesting to see direct comparison testing between the two products.

Please don't think that I was being critical of you or your product, I fully appreciate the time you spend on this forum helping others and I have found your posts to be very informative. If I came across that way then it was unintentional and I apologise for that.

I understand your point of view, all i am trying to say is that I would be more than willing to pay a premium for a product, such as the Street Guardian, over what I would pay for a Tiesfong B40 if it was demontstrated to me that I was buying a better product and not just a Tiesfong B40 with the Street Guardian name etched on it. It would be interesting to see direct comparison testing between the two products.

Please don't think that I was being critical of you or your product, I fully appreciate the time you spend on this forum helping others and I have found your posts to be very informative. If I came across that way then it was unintentional and I apologise for that.

I think you're looking at retail pricing and comparing to the wholesale pricing that some vendors sell direct to the public for, yes we've made some changes, the inclusions are different, the warranty and support are very different, those are things that help make up the differences in retail prices, add to that freight, duties, taxes etc, if I was selling direct out of China the pricing would be much more comparable if I wasn't incurring all those costs, we don't sell it out of China though so making price comparisons is never going to work, have a look at anything on Aliexpress or similar and you'll find a large price difference to what you'll buy the same for in your own market

Again as I said I'm not trying to market it to people on here, it's just something we do and I have been sharing some information about it, not fishing for customers, there's no posts here from me asking anyone to buy my products, if that's what I came here for it would be a very poor return on time spent, I do however spend time here because the input is valuable to see what people want/need, what frustrates them, what pleases them, where other brands are going right, or wrong, as it helps us to shape what we're doing in our products

Anyway, no need to apologise, I know where you're coming from, just trying to explain my side of it so you better understand where I'm coming from

We have Offline sales plans with the SG9665GM as well. The real excitement is coming in the phase two products on the way. (you'll be pleased when the details are ready to be announced)

Thinking about getting this because I'm kind of nervous driving around without a dash cam. (I was in an accident a few months ago and ever since then I've been a bit paranoid while driving)

How long before the refresh comes out? I'm interested in the wifi and capacitive ones that's for sure. I was waiting for the Guardtrak ones to be out, but the wait is making me nervous.

Oh, and is this compatible with a hard wire into the car? I was looking into doing that when I get a dash cam

Last edited:
wifi and capacitor model is a bit later on, update to the current model with capacitor will happen before that

Is that also for the Guard trak ones as well jokiin? I wouldn't mind getting this as a temporary solution while I wait for better ones to come out.

It's always the waiting game with tech... I just don't want to get this and then a month later, the capacitor ones get released.

Some questions regarding the SG9665GM:

1) Does it exhibit the same problems as the B40/A118 cameras as listed on the https://dashcamtalk.com/b40-a118/ page? (Blurry Video, Card Full Error, Fast Forward Not Working, Video gets Dark)

2) Will the mount be compatible with future upgraded versions of this camera? Will it be compatible with the Guardtrak versions?

3) What kind of support is provided when buying from Pier28 site?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for about a month and pulled the trigger on this dashcam. It came in today and I am looking forward to trying it out. I have a question regarding firmwares. Can these be updated? I noticed my firmware is SG20140806.001 and Street Guardian has a SG20140819.001 listing in there support. If they can be updated how do I go about getting it done?

Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for about a month and pulled the trigger on this dashcam. It came in today and I am looking forward to trying it out. I have a question regarding firmwares. Can these be updated? I noticed my firmware is SG20140806.001 and Street Guardian has a SG20140819.001 listing in there support. If they can be updated how do I go about getting it done?

only difference between 0806 and 0819 is a timezone adjustment for New Zealand

did you get with or without GPS?

Yes
only difference between 0806 and 0819 is a timezone adjustment for New Zealand

did you get with or without GPS?
Without the GPS. I had in mind that if this works out I'd put this in the back window and get the Panarama G or the new SG7LA50G that was just announced. So, are these firmware upgradable?

Yes

Without the GPS. I had in mind that if this works out I'd put this in the back window and get the Panarama G or the new SG7LA50G that was just announced. So, are these firmware upgradable?

they're upgradable but if you're using without GPS there's no change you need anyway, if you move to New Zealand though we may need to revisit that though :D

they're upgradable but if you're using without GPS there's no change you need anyway, if you move to New Zealand though we may need to revisit that though :D
Cool, I was just wondering. If there is a major bug fix or feature addition on newer firmwares in the future it is good to know that I can update the dashcam. Thank for your help. :)

Any plan in the work to have a base like in mini 0803 where you can just remove camera leaving the base with all wiring?

I just bought a pack of two B40's from JD while visiting China recently. Now that I'm back in Australia, I've noticed that the one of the dual mini-USB cables is too short to plug into the 12V socket in the middle of my 2013 Corolla. It was mostly likely designed to be connected to the front 12V socket. I assumed that the box would include two 3-4m cables instead of one with a short USB cable and long USB cable.

Does the SG9665GM come with transparent 3M tape?

Will some kind of orange plastic tool be included with the SG9665GM to assist with installation like the B40?

I removed the gray 3M tape off the B40. It came off easily. I'd imagine that it will fall off the windscreen when it gets hot during summer in Australia. Perhaps it'd be better to mount to the back of the rearview mirror to try to avoid direct sunlight @ 30-40 C+ outside...

The 3M tape thats used for e-tags/CitiLink/Eastlink/Breeze works really well. It was difficult to remove the e-tag.

I just bought a pack of two B40's from JD while visiting China recently. Now that I'm back in Australia, I've noticed that the one of the dual mini-USB cables is too short to plug into the 12V socket in the middle of my 2013 Corolla. It was mostly likely designed to be connected to the front 12V socket. I assumed that the box would include two 3-4m cables instead of one with a short USB cable and long USB cable.

odd that you got different cables with each

Does the SG9665GM come with transparent 3M tape?

no we don't use transparent tape

Will some kind of orange plastic tool be included with the SG9665GM to assist with installation like the B40?

interesting that you mention that as it is something we're looking for at the moment to include with all models in future, just haven't found the right supplier yet

I removed the gray 3M tape off the B40. It came off easily. I'd imagine that it will fall off the windscreen when it gets hot during summer in Australia. .

it's all in the preparation

How do we format 64gb cards?

I seem to remember an app that Niko recommended a while back. It basically formats the sdcard a special way...

Back