Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

we're working on some dual camera product, still a while away though
If you're still in the design stage here are the features I'd be interested in:

1. All cables go into the base like the SG7LA50x. This allows the camera to be removed without hassle.
2. Discrete rear camera with very small footprint making it easy to mount in rear window with heater wires.
3. 5v USB power vs 12v
4. Capacitor
5. Screen - doesn't have to be big, but enough to allow configuration and camera alignment

Am I dreaming or is something like this possible?

Lots of things are possible, there's no one size fits all solution so we'll do more than one design, takes time

Only 2 will be sold? Jokiin will be making a big loss :p
Wrong!
It's better to own reliable at some point expensive product that work 24/7 365 days a year than lots of other stuff [emoji6] that works 50% of the time.

Last edited:
Wrong!
It's better to own reliable / expensive product that work 24/7 365 days a year than lots of other stuff [emoji6] that works 50% of the time.

If you are talking about reliable products, there are already quite a few dashcams available now which are reliable.

If you are talking about reliable products, there are already quite a few dashcams available now which are reliable.
True. Plus technology always evolving.[emoji6]

Last edited:

Yes, but I require a dash cam that will continue to work okay behind glass when the ambient temperature is 45 C!

Location is near Penrith, NSW. What State and location are you in?

Think I will await Jokiin's new capacitor model with the internal GPS module.

The SGZC12SG will run at up to 90c which coincidentally is about how hot it was last time I was out at Penrith during summer

Its QL ( Cairns ) or NT ( Darwin ) for me should i ever get the chance, but sadly the 315 mill was won by some one north of Copenhagen on friday.

Had it been me the 1 class 1 way ticket would allready have been booked :) and i would not have made this post as i would have been at the aussie embassy to get my permission to go and stay 4 ever.

Last edited:
The SGZC12SG will run at up to 90c which coincidentally is about how hot it was last time I was out at Penrith during summer

Yes, but it hasn't been 45 C ambient for quite a while and I'm fairly sure the 0803 won't survive that kind of temperature.

Do you reckon the temperature behind the windscreen would far exceed 90 C if the ambient was 45 C? Ever actually taken any measurements may I ask?

Yes, but I require a dash cam that will continue to work okay behind glass when the ambient temperature is 45 C!

Location is near Penrith, NSW. What State and location are you in?

Think I will await Jokiin's new capacitor model with the internal GPS module.

In Sydney too. I park my car out on the street during the day when at work. If it seems like going to be a hot day, I put on front windscreen shade which does partially cover my Mini 0801. I purchased this 0801 over 1.5 years ago and so far it hasn't failed me yet with its battery. I will look out for new models of dash cam later this year with capacitor to replace this 0801.

Yes, but it hasn't been 45 C ambient for quite a while and I'm fairly sure the 0803 won't survive that kind of temperature.

Do you reckon the temperature behind the windscreen would far exceed 90 C if the ambient was 45 C? Ever actually taken any measurements may I ask?

inside temps are generally 30c to 35c above ambient temps

Capacitor based dashcams with high quality PCB along, high temperature resistant CMOS like Dony IMX series with strong firmware will outrun any high-end battery based dashcams.

Temperature sensitivity is all that stopped me from going for the 0806. Here's hoping it wont be long before I can get my hands on this SG9665GC :)

Last edited:
Back