:( What's the limitation, heat? My SGZC12SG can record for 18+ hours continuously. 15 FPS plausible?

unclip the camera, hold the second bracket up onto the glass next to the one you're using now, you'll know which is which
I have found that I ended up using the thicker mount anyway. If you use the thinner mount, it presses the right angled cable up against the glass too much. Find it takes the pressure off the cable when using thicker mount. Thanks for putting that in and giving us the choice.

Last edited:
Hi all.... excuse me if this question was made before ... :confused:

I am very interested in Street Guardian SG9663DC but I am a little confused about one issue. SG9663DR (with R) is the same camera with an upgrade of firmware ?

SG9663DR is a new model with parking mode ?
SG9663DC ( I have no knowledge about dash cam, please ) , can follow recording in parking mode some time after I have parked ? or it stops when I turn off the engine of the car? Is is possible to indicate the camera
to go on record althought it seems not to be advisabe for the battery.

When it will be avaiable the new Dash cam SG9663DR ?

Thanks all in advance by the answers.
Best regards.

Hi all.... excuse me if this question was made before ... :confused:

I am very interested in Street Guardian SG9663DC but I am a little confused about one issue. SG9663DR (with R) is the same camera with an upgrade of firmware ?

SG9663DR is a new model with parking mode ?
SG9663DC ( I have no knowledge about dash cam, please ) , can follow recording in parking mode some time after I have parked ? or it stops when I turn off the engine of the car? Is is possible to indicate the camera
to go on record althought it seems not to be advisabe for the battery.

When it will be avaiable the new Dash cam SG9663DR ?

Thanks all in advance by the answers.
Best regards.

I just replied to your other post:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-sg9663dc-or-sg9663dr.33961/

I think most / all SG dealers do take note if a customer order a camera without a memory card, and try to guide them to buy something that will work.
But as far as my testing goes the SG cameras dont seem to be fussy about memory cards, compatibility for many cards seem to be high on the SG agenda.

Yes it is highly dangerous to procure a memory card from a "unknown" place to save a few bucks.

I only do B&M stores to get the Danish 2 year warranty, not that it matter much for dashcam use, but i have gotten quite a few memory cards swapped when they have failed me, same goes for sold by and fulfilled by amazon.
I have never gotten a fake card myself, but i have had brand and high end cards die on me astonishing fast, but thank god Amazon have been real good to me then.

I bought a micro-usb card for my car stereo. After being filled once to verify its capacity and filling it again for use it died on me. Sandisk let me down. I had half the capacity but none of the files on the usb card were accessible. Brand names fail early sometimes.

After being filled once to verify its capacity and filling it again for use it died on me

Same here just with a Trancend Ultimate 633X or rather i dident even get to fill it once, only got half way there before it went read only on me.

Amazon had a new in my hands almost before i got to tend the broken one out to them on their expense, and the new one have been flawless. :cool:(y)

Same here just with a Trancend Ultimate 633X or rather i dident even get to fill it once, only got half way there before it went read only on me.

Amazon had a new in my hands almost before i got to tend the broken one out to them on their expense, and the new one have been flawless. :cool:(y)

Despite their lofty reputation and high prices, my experience with Transcend cards hasn't been all that good. Possibly some of the cards I got were counterfeits. The high prices would certainly make them attractive targets for counterfeiting.

I also recently replaced a Sandisk card in my phone because of intermittent "disappearance" of the card. That was quite a pain, by the way. Even following all the instructions to the letter and copying all the data over to the new card, some apps on the phone couldn't find their data and had to be reset and the data re-downloaded. That's a real drag for navigation maps. It's not the first Sandisk card to fail on me, despite their status an an industry leader.

My best overall success has always been with Samsung EVO "Plus," "Pro," or "Select" cards. I'm told the "Select" cards were originally identical to the "Plus" cards but were made specifically for the Amazon market. But now I'm seeing "Pro Select," so I'm not so sure. Whatever the case, no Samsung card has ever failed on me, even in challenging uses like dash cams and underwater cameras.

Richard

I had them all fail on me, tranacend - kingston - lexar - PNY and Sandisk, i have just gotten my first Samsung card ( red & white PRO model ) so 100% in tune with the Danish flag colors, and only a splash of blue from the American.
I am also running Toshiba cards now, but i have yet to have one of them die, oldest one are about a year old, though it have not seen consecutive use in that period, its also what i have in my phone.
Mostly their replacement have been performing normal so no second drop of mood when they finally died.

I also had expensive water cooled OCZ RAM die on me, and my current setup with 4 X 8 Gb Crusial RAM i also had one module die on me after a year or two.
I have never had CPU die on me though i have often / almost always been running them well over their specified speed, and motherbords also been fine for me though some i have even soldered additional components to them in order to ramp up voltages om some things.

I think luck play in a little too, the perpetual loose cannon in most games.

ATM i have a 64 Gb kingston card running in my innovv C3 camera, it have never been formatted in camera or PC since install, and that's since the C3 came out so at least 2 years, probably 3 if i know my memory right.

Back