The DC should put the X2 to shame, not least on the front camera, but also overall due to newer hardware being able to run higher bitrate on each camera.

No i cant remember either who packed the X2, but on paper the DC should beat it hands down.

DC got newer hardware all around.
DC got a more likeable form factor ( individual taste off course )

Will do. Please confirm which memory card you'll be using.

I have a special link to buy the DC without a card after confirming you will be using an approved quality card. We like to bundle cards to make sure people have good quality cards. You'd be surprised how many people buy a generic cheap card and then blame the camera for poor performance. (when it's a card problem)

PM me too please :) I’m already using an Evo U3 in my current SG and will use it in the DC. Thanks.

I just can't imagine losing that much money down one of the air vents or elsewhere in the car... The 128gb cards are a bit more in my budget now, so I might get one for my next cam. I've got 64's in all my current cams and that's still a couple days worth of recording as long as we don't do any road trips.

Yeah it raise the same feeling i get about smartphones, its so fragile small and expensive so what if i ruin it or loose it. ( okay phones are not that small, but now making them all in glass sure dont make it better for me )
But i feel a 128Gb card will cut it just fine, so the larger cards just have to wait a few years or better yet get replaced in dashcams by SSD drives

Yeah it raise the same feeling i get about smartphones, its so fragile small and expensive so what if i ruin it or loose it. ( okay phones are not that small, but now making them all in glass sure dont make it better for me )
But i feel a 128Gb card will cut it just fine, so the larger cards just have to wait a few years or better yet get replaced in dashcams by SSD drives

Diamond rings are small too, but people don't often lose them :D:D

I would not know i have not been that much around people that carry diamond rings, only big other kind of rings mostly worn by biker type style people, and that look just about as stupid as the rest of that kind of peoples attire.
But rings mostly also fit better, a micro SD card is a spring loaded nightmare waiting to happen.

i wonder if it would be a viable business starting up an insurance company for SD cards.

Does anyone have any 'DC' files I can download and play with? Preferably front and rear with GPS data.

I just can't imagine losing that much money down one of the air vents or elsewhere in the car...

Nor would I want to spend an entire weekend taking a dashboard apart to retrieve it, which I would definitely do if I lost something that expensive in there.

Phil

U3 cards are as good or better than High Endurance. If it’s legit looks good. These don’t seem to be Shipped and Sold By Amazon direct. I’d only buy the ones Sold by Amazon to avoid fakes and counterfeits. Too risky from 3rd party sellers when it comes to memory cards. Amazon doesn’t verify any FBA stock sellers send to Amazon for fulfillment by amazon / Prime listings.

EVO Select (green) is an Amazon house brand deal I’m told and is my personal favorite at the moment. All North America pre-order stock will be bundled with EVO Select U3.

Back